Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 680677 times)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Arma Armatura v2.3.4 BETA [12/27/23]
« Reply #1350 on: December 28, 2023, 08:36:04 PM »

small hotfix:
-fixed crash caused by trying to build in cataphract 2 hullmod with progressive s-mod enabled

Great to see a new update with serious content. Why remove the AA Broadsword and Warthog though? I think they're great ships to bolster your fighter presence in the early game, really compliment the scrappy nature of small scale combat, and let you lean into using more bombers on carriers by deploying AA fighters.

I actually wanted to suggest an AA Thunder since that seemed like a perfect fit for a strikecraft.

they have some use for player but AI can't use them effectively and is a waste of DP for something that couldve been more useful, so I removed them. I left xyphos in since it has a bit more staying power

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 28, 2023, 09:06:10 PM »

Some quick impressions, admittedly without any playtime on the new mechs. TLDR: Like the new additions but don't like the changes to the Aleste S-II, makes it too similar to the VX Custom.

Watchdog – Left arm non-functional, no weapon equipped or equippable. Is this intended with the new changes or a bug?

Aleste S-II – No modular weapons? Those were unique and interesting weapons that differentiated it from the VX Custom. The Aleste was able to be quickly refitted in the field without a CR penalty, while the VX Custom could carry a more tailored and (arguably) stronger loadout. I feel removal of the modular weapons makes the Aleste S-II and VX Custom too similar. I enjoyed the Lunge and while the Rampage Drive is similar it seems… heavy handed. Something for the Iron Shell to do with their Flagelators. Big increase in flux capacity seems like an unneeded buff.

VX Custom – Really liked the phase skimmer but maneuvering jets work too and is a simple enough edit if people like it. Similar concerns with flux capacity increase as with Aleste and similarity between the two.

Gunhazard – I’ve found them lacklaster in their performance and uniqueness. I tried personally modding them to have phasecloak which seemed an interesting niche. As discussed earlier with you for some reason phasecloak on the Gunhazard does not work. They phase but they can still be damaged, even if not flamed out.

Hel Corsair – Plasma jets + HI-MAC seems redundant. HI-MAC in general is an interesting mechanic.

Leynos – Glad the left arm is working again! Will definitely try this one out more now that it is functional. What little I’ve used it I’ve enjoyed. AI seems to us the Blink well but I have trouble personally. I’m trying it modded with accelerated ammo feeder to see how I like that.

Zanac – Very cool sprites. Seem a little too similar to the Altagrave, though to be fair I’ve never played with the Altagraves that much. Interested to see how these develop.

Kshatriya – WHOA.

Glad to see this updated. Love the work.

RX-78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 29, 2023, 12:57:40 AM »

Getting some in battle crashes with the new update during battles where I have Cataphracts without any Carriers.

Code
1702466 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
1702702 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.retreatToRefit(armaa_strikeCraft.java:679) ~[?:?]
at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.checkRefitStatus(armaa_strikeCraft.java:717) ~[?:?]
at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.advanceInCombat(armaa_strikeCraft.java:877) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[fs.common_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) [?:1.8.0_392]

Very repeatable and completely avoidable if you just launch any carrier in the battle.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 01:04:14 AM by RX-78 »

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 29, 2023, 04:55:18 AM »

Little bit of feedback on the Alestes. To start, there are two of them in the codex:

Aleste-Class
(Cataphract S-II)

Aleste (S-II)-Class
(Cataphract S-II)

The former is the swordsman, the latter is the normal, however both have medium hybrid slots and on the swordsman its inaccessible.
I'm not so sure rampage drive, its not come up just yet for me but the dropping of the shields is going to get the ship killed. A forced towards target charge doesnt feel like it really fits on the aleste, something like plasma jets or just a general mobility increase feels like it would be more apt. If its going to be a force charge towards the target, it should include a damage buff or resistance buff of some kind.

For the gunhazard: Its a flying coffin with basically no modularity to it. The anti-beam plating helps a little but it completely denies giving it heavy armor to increase its surviveability. It really does feel like a pilotable fighter with built in weapons. I've actually had more fun playing around with the AA Broadsword/Gladius/Warthog than the gunhazard. The AA Warthog was practically the gunhazard but with modular weapons.
I dont know how to fix/change the gunhazard... maybe a blink or dampener instead of the boost? its a flying coffin with basically no options to change it, so its a fleet/officer spam ship at best.

Zeta04

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 29, 2023, 05:24:19 AM »

Despite the introduction that mentions the MRC "hold particular ire towards Tri-Tachyon, the Hegemony and the Sindrian Dikat", MRC is now only hostile to the Tri-Tachyon and Sindrian, not the Hegemony.
Also, the MRC start (previously the sleeper) does not get the player commissioned by the MRC instantly.
Further notice that the lone Aleste left in the research station, as well as the specified Aleste in the Tri-Tachyon fleet are both Aleste S-II (the variant with moonlight on both of its arms and one medium hybrid being inaccessible, as was noted by Killsode)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 06:43:16 AM by Zeta04 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 29, 2023, 09:52:19 AM »

Getting some in battle crashes with the new update during battles where I have Cataphracts without any Carriers.

Code
1702466 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
1702702 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.retreatToRefit(armaa_strikeCraft.java:679) ~[?:?]
at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.checkRefitStatus(armaa_strikeCraft.java:717) ~[?:?]
at data.hullmods.armaa_strikeCraft.advanceInCombat(armaa_strikeCraft.java:877) ~[?:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source) ~[fs.common_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source) ~[starfarer_obf.jar:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750) [?:1.8.0_392]

Very repeatable and completely avoidable if you just launch any carrier in the battle.

thanks for your report, fixed.

Little bit of feedback on the Alestes. To start, there are two of them in the codex:

Aleste-Class
(Cataphract S-II)

Aleste (S-II)-Class
(Cataphract S-II)

The former is the swordsman, the latter is the normal, however both have medium hybrid slots and on the swordsman its inaccessible.

I'm not so sure rampage drive, its not come up just yet for me but the dropping of the shields is going to get the ship killed. A forced towards target charge doesnt feel like it really fits on the aleste, something like plasma jets or just a general mobility increase feels like it would be more apt. If its going to be a force charge towards the target, it should include a damage buff or resistance buff of some kind.
every ship system aleste has had has been a forced burn like system. This is because the AI will panic if it gets to close otherwise, preventing it from ever using its melee weapon.
This new system does have a resistance buff and does extra damage on contact.

For the gunhazard: Its a flying coffin with basically no modularity to it. The anti-beam plating helps a little but it completely denies giving it heavy armor to increase its surviveability. It really does feel like a pilotable fighter with built in weapons. I've actually had more fun playing around with the AA Broadsword/Gladius/Warthog than the gunhazard. The AA Warthog was practically the gunhazard but with modular weapons.
I dont know how to fix/change the gunhazard... maybe a blink or dampener instead of the boost? its a flying coffin with basically no options to change it, so its a fleet/officer spam ship at best.

I agree with your points, and think gunhazard needs to be completely reworked. I'm not fully sure what to do with it just yet though

Despite the introduction that mentions the MRC "hold particular ire towards Tri-Tachyon, the Hegemony and the Sindrian Dikat", MRC is now only hostile to the Tri-Tachyon and Sindrian, not the Hegemony.
Also, the MRC start (previously the sleeper) does not get the player commissioned by the MRC instantly.
Further notice that the lone Aleste left in the research station, as well as the specified Aleste in the Tri-Tachyon fleet are both Aleste S-II (the variant with moonlight on both of its arms and one medium hybrid being inaccessible, as was noted by Killsode)
Fixed commission status, fixed swordsman aleste having medium hybrid
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 10:02:33 AM by shoi »

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 29, 2023, 12:35:21 PM »

every ship system aleste has had has been a forced burn like system. This is because the AI will panic if it gets to close otherwise, preventing it from ever using its melee weapon.
This new system does have a resistance buff and does extra damage on contact.

What was your reasoning for removing the Lunge that the Aleste did have? I liked that one alot, especially since you could "chain it" by retargeting mid-lunge and end up deep behind the battle line to wreck havoc. I suppose you could still do that with Havoc Drive but, personally, a (relatively) tiny frigate sized mech crashing into something much bigger and causing a big boom is thematically incongruent.

I agree with your points, and think gunhazard needs to be completely reworked. I'm not fully sure what to do with it just yet though

At risk of sounding like a broken record, I found adding phase cloak to it made it interesting and almost viable, though I did remove the built in wing for balance. It's high speed synergizes well with phasecloak and allows it to effectively dip in and out. However, whatever bug negating phasecloak invulnerability obviously hamstrings this approach. I tried damper which didn't really work since it doesn't have the armor and HP to really capitalize on that. A standard shield is a little too bland and manuverability buffs don't really solve the problem of low combat survivability.

I think part of the problem is the weapon bloat that prevents it from having a defined role, since it doesn't have the survivability to stick around and capitalize on openings it's varied weapons can utilize. With it's high speed design it should perhaps be focused on harassment with kinetics, perhaps with a HE limited shot weapon (bazooka!?). I don't if it was intended but I get Zaku vibes from the Gunhazard so would love to see it with a bazooka and machine gun. What more do you need?!

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 29, 2023, 04:19:32 PM »

Ah, okay that makes sense for why the aleste has it... I suppose the damage&resistance buff to go along with it is for the best then, only way the AI will ever use the vehicle correctly.

for the Gunhazard
Strangely enough if i could get the Gunhazard with its good allround stats as a fighter wing i would love it.

as a strikecraft however, its just a little too limited. I agree that phase could be interesting and really fun, but it might step on the toes of the einhander or clash with the gunhazard's intended feel.

I actually wouldnt mind it as a small snippy and fast valk-custom with accelerated ammo feeder but only small mounts. It'd be like a strikecraft lasher, and i love that idea... Maybe do that and have a phase variant? Phase strike craft have really big potential.

i also want to mention the Watchdog The base watchdog now feels woefully undergunned with just a singular large mount. The shoulder universals also still have that really awkward tiny traverse angle that doesnt point forwards. if those were widened so they could actually act as PD slots or supplementary weapons i think it could work way better. The XIV version of it does help with the firepower issue by regaining the two medium composite nipple mounts, but the small-uni shoulder mounts still feel really wrong.
Maybe the left arm could have a medium hybrid slot? might make the XIV version quite weapon heavy if it gets it... Not sure, but the left arm needs something.
Edit: Also after a little bit of testing i dont think guardian protocol is effecting recoil like you may have intended, its making recoil worse not better.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2023, 04:31:46 PM by Killsode »

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 30, 2023, 10:51:20 AM »

Maybe the left arm could have a medium hybrid slot? might make the XIV version quite weapon heavy if it gets it... Not sure, but the left arm needs something.
Edit: Also after a little bit of testing i dont think guardian protocol is effecting recoil like you may have intended, its making recoil worse not better.

In the newest update, both the Watchdog and the aleste's shoulder mounts face forward.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 30, 2023, 10:54:15 AM »

In the newest update, both the Watchdog and the aleste's shoulder mounts face forward.

is 2.3.4??? thats what i'm running

RX-78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 30, 2023, 10:56:54 AM »

Download it again, there's been a few changes without incrementing the version ID posted since 2.3.4 was posted.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 30, 2023, 11:02:35 AM »

Download it again, there's been a few changes without incrementing the version ID posted since 2.3.4 was posted.

Indeed you're correct! Alestes are still named a little weird and the swordsman still has the medium hybrid XD

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 30, 2023, 11:50:04 AM »

I enabled the mod in an already on going save and the game crashed while loading said save

Code
244947 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.MechaModPlugin.onGameLoad(MechaModPlugin.java:270)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

IroncladLion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 30, 2023, 12:35:00 PM »

A few feedback points.
1. Talked to the Blond lady contact that has the highlighted gold text. When I spoke to her and chose option 2 "I appreciate that" or something along those lines, game crash. I was not commissioned, I'd take a look at those speech options.
2. Testing the XIV mech, it has blue arms with energy weapons. XIV should be all ballistic for thematic reasons. And the blue obviously contrasts with the black and orange.
3. How does one acquire the XIV Watchdog? I need it for certain... [REDACTED] purposes.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 30, 2023, 01:42:25 PM »

I enabled the mod in an already on going save and the game crashed while loading said save

Code
244947 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.MechaModPlugin.onGameLoad(MechaModPlugin.java:270)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.menuItemSelected(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

reread the OP, the latest version is not save compatible with older versions
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 111