Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 680889 times)

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96] Arma Armatura v2.2.4 - Mechs/Fighters, wings with personality
« Reply #1320 on: November 30, 2023, 10:49:21 AM »

I don't know if this is relate to wingcom since it doesn't change AI or ship classification, but i'll double check.

To clarify, in case it wasn't apparent. Battles cannot be ended via a retreat while named strikecraft are currently being fielded. To reproduce, simply start a retreat or disengaging battle with at least one ship, equipped with a WINGCOMM, in the field, and retreat that first once it deploys its strikecraft.

The fighters will linger off-screen and prevent a resolution to the battle.

In my specific case, it's during a disengage battle, after fighting my way to the top of the screen with a carrier-based capital ship and having it retreat, the strikecraft do not dock, instead lingering offscreen in an unreachable position, leaving me with no other option but to "Quit Campaign".

Here is my modlist, in case there are any conflicts.

I may start a new game with just Arma Armatura installed and see if it may be the result of another mod, but as my modlist is pretty extensive, that may take some time.

To my knowledge, no mod here features another Strikecraft-based overhaul, however several of them (Exotica, Quality Captains, UAF) have modifiers or Strikecraft-affecting perks.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 10:57:34 AM by MattyK »

Lazyturtle69hahfunynumber

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: December 01, 2023, 08:37:54 PM »

Ive been playing with this and got a ground battle crash went to the log copied and was about to make a post and whats the first thing i see as i open the page? hot fix cheers mate

lobo1192

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: December 07, 2023, 03:05:45 PM »

Really been enjoying this mod, the idea of piloting fighters and especially mech is something many of us dream of. Especially since you can use them to help with raids / invasions.
So I figured I would give my 2cents on some stuff. Fair warning, I am just revisiting starsector after a 2 year break so maybe im just not used to things again.

Firstly, I dont think you need that many separate types of frigate mechs. One of the big appeals to the mod is the customization, so why not have fewer mechs but with more module options? From personal experience, and looking through the posts, it seems the main (Non-super) frigate mechs are the VX commander, Spriggan, and AE.  The others have their use of course,  Love the idea of the mech that gives the damage buff for example, but I feel alot of these could be worked into a few base frames rather that each as an individual.  Because who doesn't want the option of a spriggian type shield on a melee, beam sword or heat axe swinging mech.

Second, and this may be my inexperience. The Fenris seems mandatory if your using frigate mechs. I have not seen an AI strikecraft in general land to repair or rearm except for when called back by the fenris ability.

Azntheoryz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: December 12, 2023, 06:28:43 PM »

The BA Assault Pod or armaa_armorpod, is it a weapon thats still being developed? or is it working as intended? because it caught me off guard when i used it in the simulation.

Glitchtonic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: December 13, 2023, 11:53:08 AM »

I'm having an issue with the laser blade's animation not extending fast enough to hit what's in its cone. (##Note: this happens after adding hull mods to extend the range.)  is there a way to modify the animation to extend faster or to pause shortly before swinging to allow it to extend all the way, like with and if / else statement?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: December 13, 2023, 04:27:55 PM »

I don't know if this is relate to wingcom since it doesn't change AI or ship classification, but i'll double check.

To clarify, in case it wasn't apparent. Battles cannot be ended via a retreat while named strikecraft are currently being fielded. To reproduce, simply start a retreat or disengaging battle with at least one ship, equipped with a WINGCOMM, in the field, and retreat that first once it deploys its strikecraft.

The fighters will linger off-screen and prevent a resolution to the battle.

In my specific case, it's during a disengage battle, after fighting my way to the top of the screen with a carrier-based capital ship and having it retreat, the strikecraft do not dock, instead lingering offscreen in an unreachable position, leaving me with no other option but to "Quit Campaign".

Here is my modlist, in case there are any conflicts.

I may start a new game with just Arma Armatura installed and see if it may be the result of another mod, but as my modlist is pretty extensive, that may take some time.

To my knowledge, no mod here features another Strikecraft-based overhaul, however several of them (Exotica, Quality Captains, UAF) have modifiers or Strikecraft-affecting perks.

I tried this in dev and wasn't able to reproduce. It might be something that was fixed, but ill try again. I'll be putting out a beta shortly either way so hopefully it is something that was resolved.

The BA Assault Pod or armaa_armorpod, is it a weapon thats still being developed? or is it working as intended? because it caught me off guard when i used it in the simulation.
It's supposed to be a built-in that was showing up elsewhere; it's still in but the weapon/ship is still WIP

Really been enjoying this mod, the idea of piloting fighters and especially mech is something many of us dream of. Especially since you can use them to help with raids / invasions.
So I figured I would give my 2cents on some stuff. Fair warning, I am just revisiting starsector after a 2 year break so maybe im just not used to things again.

Firstly, I dont think you need that many separate types of frigate mechs. One of the big appeals to the mod is the customization, so why not have fewer mechs but with more module options? From personal experience, and looking through the posts, it seems the main (Non-super) frigate mechs are the VX commander, Spriggan, and AE.  The others have their use of course,  Love the idea of the mech that gives the damage buff for example, but I feel alot of these could be worked into a few base frames rather that each as an individual.  Because who doesn't want the option of a spriggian type shield on a melee, beam sword or heat axe swinging mech.

Second, and this may be my inexperience. The Fenris seems mandatory if your using frigate mechs. I have not seen an AI strikecraft in general land to repair or rearm except for when called back by the fenris ability.
All carriers > frigate size work (even some that technically shouldnt, like ships with only drone wings, it's just that the odds of the vehicle making it back with a fenris are significantly higher. but maybe, this is a bug in current version.

I'm having an issue with the laser blade's animation not extending fast enough to hit what's in its cone. (##Note: this happens after adding hull mods to extend the range.)  is there a way to modify the animation to extend faster or to pause shortly before swinging to allow it to extend all the way, like with and if / else statement?
Go into weapon.csv and change beam speed to some really high number and it will extend instantly, this is fixed in beta version.

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 22, 2023, 12:45:21 PM »

Hi, may I borrow part of your strikecraft ability? I wanted to copy the bit where it comes out from a carrier (and maybe retreats to it) but wanted to leave out the rearming/repairing bit.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 22, 2023, 01:26:28 PM »

hi creature, sure :) i look forward to yrxp 3.0!

I use a modified travel drive to make strikecraft launch from carriers at the start of battle. This should work so that they deploy normally from the sides in pursuit battles though. there's probably some stuff you don't need/want in here, feel free to modify

Code
package data.scripts.shipsystems;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.*;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.combat.BaseShipSystemScript;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ShipSystemStatsScript;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.Global;
import org.lazywizard.lazylib.combat.CombatUtils;
import org.lazywizard.lazylib.CollisionUtils;
import org.lazywizard.lazylib.combat.DefenseUtils;
import org.lazywizard.lazylib.VectorUtils;
import org.lwjgl.util.vector.Vector2f;
import org.lazywizard.lazylib.MathUtils;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.ShipAPI;
import data.scripts.util.armaa_utils;
import data.scripts.util.armaa_takeOffScript;
import java.awt.Color;
import java.util.*;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponAPI.*;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.loading.WeaponSlotAPI;

import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.WeaponGroupAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.MissileRenderDataAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.FighterWingAPI;
import com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.FighterLaunchBayAPI;
public class armaa_TravelDriveStats extends BaseShipSystemScript {

private boolean carriersNearby = false;
private boolean runOnce = false;
private WeaponSlotAPI w;
private ShipAPI carrier;

public void apply(MutableShipStatsAPI stats, String id, State state, float effectLevel)
{
ShipAPI ship = (ShipAPI)stats.getEntity();
boolean standardDeploy = ship.getFacing() == 90f ? true:false;
if(Global.getCombatEngine().isPaused())
return;

if(ship.getOwner() == 1)
standardDeploy = ship.getFacing() == 270f ? true:false;
boolean alreadyDone = Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData().get("armaa_carrierDeployDone_"+ship.getId()) instanceof Boolean ? true : false;

if(getRandomCarrier(ship,true) ==null || ship.isRetreating() || !standardDeploy || alreadyDone)
{
if (state == ShipSystemStatsScript.State.OUT) {
stats.getMaxSpeed().unmodify(id); // to slow down ship to its regular top speed while powering drive down
} else
{
stats.getMaxSpeed().modifyFlat(id, 100f * effectLevel);
stats.getAcceleration().modifyFlat(id, 100f * effectLevel);
}
Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData().put("armaa_carrierDeployDone_"+ship.getId(),true);
}

//Carriers detected "launch" from them
else
{
if(!ship.isLanding()&& !runOnce)
{
carrier = getRandomCarrier(ship,false);
Vector2f takeOffLoc = null;
for(WeaponSlotAPI wep:carrier.getHullSpec().getAllWeaponSlotsCopy())
{
//Vector2f takeOffLoc = carrier.getLocation();

if(wep.getWeaponType() == WeaponType.LAUNCH_BAY)
{
if(Global.getCombatEngine().getPlayerShip() == ship)
{
Global.getSoundPlayer().playSound("ui_noise_static", 1f+MathUtils.getRandomNumberInRange(-0.3f, .3f), 1f, carrier.getLocation(),new Vector2f());
carrier.getFluxTracker().showOverloadFloatyIfNeeded("Good luck out there!", Color.white, 2f, true);
}

ship.setFacing(carrier.getFacing()+wep.getAngle());
takeOffLoc = new Vector2f(wep.computePosition(carrier));

if(Math.random() <= .50f)
break;
}
}

if(takeOffLoc == null)
{
takeOffLoc = carrier.getLocation();
}
ship.setLaunchingShip(carrier);
//VectorUtils.rotate(takeOffLoc,carrier.getFacing());
armaa_utils.setLocation(ship,takeOffLoc);
ship.setAnimatedLaunch();
Global.getSoundPlayer().playSound("fighter_takeoff", 1f, 1f, ship.getLocation(),new Vector2f());
CombatUtils.applyForce(ship,ship.getFacing(),carrier.getMaxSpeed());
ship.getFluxTracker().setCurrFlux(0f);
ship.getTravelDrive().deactivate();
ship.getTravelDrive().deactivate();
runOnce = true;
}
}
}

public void unapply(MutableShipStatsAPI stats, String id)
{
ShipAPI ship = (ShipAPI)stats.getEntity();
stats.getMaxSpeed().unmodify(id);
stats.getMaxTurnRate().unmodify(id);
stats.getTurnAcceleration().unmodify(id);
stats.getAcceleration().unmodify(id);
stats.getDeceleration().unmodify(id);;
}

public StatusData getStatusData(int index, State state, float effectLevel)
{
if (index == 0) {
return new StatusData("increased engine power", false);
}
return null;
}

private ShipAPI getRandomCarrier(ShipAPI ship, boolean initial)
{
ShipAPI potCarrier = null;
//float distance = 99999f;
for (ShipAPI carrier : CombatUtils.getShipsWithinRange(ship.getLocation(), 20000.0F))
{
                        // with this only a certain number of ships can take off from any given carrier
int takenSlots = 0;
if(Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData().get("armaa_launchSlots"+carrier.getId()) instanceof Integer)
{
takenSlots = (int)Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData().get("armaa_launchSlots"+carrier.getId());
}

else
Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData().put("armaa_launchSlots"+carrier.getId(),takenSlots);
//probably don't need this stuff
if(ship.getHullSpec().hasTag("strikecraft_medium"))
{
if(carrier.isDestroyer())
continue;
}

else if(ship.getHullSpec().hasTag("strikecraft_large"))
{
if(carrier.isCruiser() || carrier.isDestroyer())
continue;
}
if(takenSlots >= carrier.getNumFighterBays())
continue;

if(carrier.getOwner() != ship.getOwner() || carrier.isFighter() || carrier.isFrigate() || carrier == ship)
continue;

if(carrier.getOwner() == ship.getOwner() && ((carrier.isAlly() && !ship.isAlly())))
continue;

if(carrier.isHulk())
continue;

if(carrier.getNumFighterBays() > 0 && carrier.getHullSpec().getFighterBays() > 0)
{
potCarrier = carrier;
if(!initial)
{
Global.getCombatEngine().getCustomData().put("armaa_launchSlots"+potCarrier.getId(),takenSlots+1);
return potCarrier;

}
}
}
return potCarrier;
}
}

You should be able to make whatever you have "land" retreat from combat as well by locking controls once the landing animation starts, something like
           ship.beginLandingAnimation(carrier);
          ship.setControlsLocked(true);
                ship.setLocation(offScreenCordX,offScreenCordY);
but phase anchor prob has the exact way

creature

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 22, 2023, 03:03:23 PM »

hi creature, sure :) i look forward to yrxp 3.0!

I use a modified travel drive to make strikecraft launch from carriers at the start of battle. This should work so that they deploy normally from the sides in pursuit battles though. there's probably some stuff you don't need/want in here, feel free to modify...
Thank you very much! I also appreciate the tips!

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 23, 2023, 09:31:35 PM »

My strikecrafts has been docking into enemy carriers. Then they die when my other ships destroy the carrier. I have my own carriers but only sometimes my strikecraft dock into them.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 24, 2023, 01:03:14 AM »

I haven't seen that behavior once in dozens of hours of play. Did you alter anything in the Arma files?

Kasrkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 24, 2023, 11:24:35 AM »

A little bug with Leynos catafract.
With it left arm weapon arcs, to be precise. Despite showing about 90 degrees coverage in Refit menu, in simulator and real battle, weapons equipped in left arm are focused on one point only, which makes them useless(for AI atleast, though, it's very clunky and uncomfortable to use them if piloting myself) with exception of Bazooka, and even then, AI Leynos fire it very inconsistent.
Unless its intended that way, of course, although, left arm weapon arcs are very misleading then.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 24, 2023, 12:04:31 PM »

I think the issue is that the left arm weapons have zero turning speed, which prevents them from using their firing arc

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 24, 2023, 07:34:31 PM »

I haven't seen that behavior once in dozens of hours of play. Did you alter anything in the Arma files?

Nope, I wouldn't even know where to begin for something like that. It's probably the result of another mod interfering somehow.

Thaxor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 25, 2023, 12:58:07 PM »

I think the issue is that the left arm weapons have zero turning speed, which prevents them from using their firing arc

Unfortunately I don't think so. weapon_data.csv shows they have a "turn rate" value, just like the right sided weapons. My guess is it's a similar bug to what happened to the Watchdog in the script that allows the modular weapon changes.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 111