Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]  (Read 653607 times)

GreeM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Arma Armatura 1.4.7 (5/6/2021)
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2021, 01:01:12 PM »

Is there a way of lowering the amount of time i need to stay inside a carrier when im docking with the einhander? Been looking around abit but cant find any config or the likes that would help med here.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 18, 2021, 01:15:01 AM »

There's no way to modify that, no. Unless you want to dive into some scripts
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 01:17:30 AM by shoi »

Tecrys

• Admiral
  • repair that space elevator!
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 18, 2021, 07:26:00 AM »

Yo!

I was thinking about using drones as mobile weapon platforms and with the Einhander got a real good example in your mod.
Now I just want to know if I got it correct or if i missed something while looking at your code:
you're using a hullmod that looks for the weapon slot WS0001 and compares it to the fighter variant, changes it's weapon if it's been changed by the player and as soon as battle starts you replace that module with a fighter that uses that variant.
I found the hullmod, the fighter and all variants, the Einhander ship file and I can make sense of it. The only thing I don't get is how you get rid of the module ...
please enlighten me
Symbiotic Void Creatures 0.5.0-alpha for 0.97a is out
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=28010.0

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 18, 2021, 09:06:18 AM »

Yo!

I was thinking about using drones as mobile weapon platforms and with the Einhander got a real good example in your mod.
Now I just want to know if I got it correct or if i missed something while looking at your code:
you're using a hullmod that looks for the weapon slot WS0001 and compares it to the fighter variant, changes it's weapon if it's been changed by the player and as soon as battle starts you replace that module with a fighter that uses that variant.
I found the hullmod, the fighter and all variants, the Einhander ship file and I can make sense of it. The only thing I don't get is how you get rid of the module ...
please enlighten me

Really wish I understood any of that LOL

me fly starship make things go boom

Oh btw, my capture card is in and I have everything working: mic and camera.  However, the tree company clearing under the powerlines where I live completely destroyed the little green box that relays my internet connection to me.
So yea that's a bit of an issue as far as uploading is concerned lol

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 18, 2021, 01:30:22 PM »

Yo!

please enlighten me

Line 125 of the Script where ship = module
Code
						ship.setHitpoints(0);
Global.getCombatEngine().removeEntity(ship);

and viola, no more module  :)

Really wish I understood any of that LOL

me fly starship make things go boom

Oh btw, my capture card is in and I have everything working: mic and camera.  However, the tree company clearing under the powerlines where I live completely destroyed the little green box that relays my internet connection to me.
So yea that's a bit of an issue as far as uploading is concerned lol

oof

Mytre

• Ensign
  • So i see you read this
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2021, 08:06:35 PM »

Something strange, windows defender marked the download file for 1.4.7 as a virus and quarantined it, anyone else had this issue?

Nottic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2021, 09:23:32 PM »

??? getting same here

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 21, 2021, 12:27:28 AM »

nope, never seen that. i know win defender throws a lot of false positives, but odd 2 people report it for the first time in such short order.
Ran it through some other AV software and got nothing, though.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 21, 2021, 03:47:44 AM »

Hello! I was wondering if the mod can be stapled into an already ongoing campaign or if I need a new campaign for it! I'm definetly playing with this bad boy!

Addendum: I was also wondering if you were planning to design/reskin some new mobile suits for the Luddic Church or even the Path.
Main concept would revolve around brutish firepower/ballistic&missile weapons/low mobility for Luddic Church, very aggressive playstile with missiles for path!
Oh, and all sorts of purity seals and the like stapled over them, Ordo Hereticus, Black Templars & Grey Knights from WH40K style.
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 04:59:13 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 21, 2021, 05:17:58 AM »

Hello! I was wondering if the mod can be stapled into an already ongoing campaign or if I need a new campaign for it! I'm definetly playing with this bad boy!

Addendum: I was also wondering if you were planning to design/reskin some new mobile suits for the Luddic Church or even the Path.
Main concept would revolve around brutish firepower/ballistic&missile weapons/low mobility for Luddic Church, very aggressive playstile with missiles for path!
Oh, and all sorts of purity seals and the like stapled over them, Ordo Hereticus, Black Templars & Grey Knights from WH40K style.
Spoiler
[close]

It's save compatible, though it'll be a bit harder to get the gear. Normally, a planet on new game start is generated that exclusively sells the mod content. With an existing save, your options would be stealing/procuring  them  from indie/persean worlds with nex,  very rarely come across them in their markets/fleets, or finding them through exploration as rare blueprints.

As for luddic mechs, i've been toying around with a few concepts but it'll probably be a bit before a make anything like that. It's definitely in the books as something I plan to do, though.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 21, 2021, 05:38:37 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

It's save compatible, though it'll be a bit harder to get the gear. Normally, a planet on new game start is generated that exclusively sells the mod content. With an existing save, your options would be stealing/procuring  them  from indie/persean worlds with nex,  very rarely come across them in their markets/fleets, or finding them through exploration as rare blueprints.

As for luddic mechs, i've been toying around with a few concepts but it'll probably be a bit before a make anything like that. It's definitely in the books as something I plan to do, though.

Nice, I'll slap it on right away then  :)

Praise be onto Ludd for these new upcoming instruments of holy war against the Tri-Weebs Slaves of Moloch! We Should have falafel hot tea togheder sometimes.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:43:42 AM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 21, 2021, 06:52:57 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

SUPER stoked to see some more mechs to fool with!

McBlackjack

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2021, 09:29:24 PM »

I also have a trojan warning from the file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2021, 12:47:53 AM »

Like I mentioned above, i've run the archive through HybridAnalyis, VirusTotal, Jotti and MalwareBytes, but none of them returned anything, so i'm pretty convinced it's a false positive. You're more than welcome to run it through those services as well if you want peace of mind.

Since I don't have defender, I don't know what file in the archive is setting it off, but i'll investigate

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2021, 12:58:35 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

That's legit, looking forward to that.  Still, can you take some time first and mod in some added animations for the mech?  Mine never flips over when changing directions (ie, does an Immelmann), I have to literally turn around every time (although I'll admit that might be a limitation of the game engine).  Also, maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I can't seem to get your plasma cutter to auto-fire and wreck stuff when I fly/boost over a ship.  Trying to aim/fire it without auto-fire is... ridiculous with its weapon arc.

Also some different hull mod weapons for Ludd would be cool (although I guess that would mean different weapons for low vs medium vs high tech)!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 01:00:57 AM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 106