Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 678663 times)

zxc112233

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello. My WINGCOM suite is not gaining any relation/xp for officers under it. I have been running a custom Xyphos with an officer for several ingame months with no changes to WINGCOM, even with good combat stats.

Exp gain is fastest when you let them do pursuit options in autobattle
No, Exp gain is non existent for me. It was in combat and not a single point of xp was awarded.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@shoi

I have two suggestions using the new-ish industry blueprint feature:

1. Have Armaa market sell ground defense mechs. (idea is you buy blueprint so you can build the defensive mechs like Arma own market have, or a version of it).

2. Create a Armaa space station, that is focused on spamming mechs, have it available on Armaa world itself (maybe a unique "fortress" version of it) plus have it for sale as blueprint too! :D

ill note these down

Hello. My WINGCOM suite is not gaining any relation/xp for officers under it. I have been running a custom Xyphos with an officer for several ingame months with no changes to WINGCOM, even with good combat stats.

Was this over a single gameplay session or multiple ones?

I am making a Star Wars strikecraft mod and it requires your ARMAA code to function. Your mod is literally the only reason I can even make my own strikecraft mod, that and the KnightChase's Mayasuran Navy for its splendid Viper ship graphic. Do I have your permission to release a mod, with an ARMAA dependency, using your fake_fighter and associated ship tags and travel drive? I have no intention of using any of your graphical assets. Full credit to you for your original work, of course. I have not released it to anyone and do not intend to if I do not receive your permission. Thank you for your consideration.

yeah, you can do what you want with it. This is the license I used for reference.
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile

Seemly WINGCOM doesn't update if you don't open the refit screen and check the wingcom tooltip for some reason...

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Seemly WINGCOM doesn't update if you don't open the refit screen and check the wingcom tooltip for some reason...

that was an actual bug in older versions but pilots and whatnot are generate as needed when refit screen is opened now.

NiTrojan

• Ensign
    • View Profile

bit late and probably answered before but uh how do i get my fighter to dock? i get right over the hanger and hit u and he just flies off or forms up with the carrier? Using the broadsword

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

bit late and probably answered before but uh how do i get my fighter to dock? i get right over the hanger and hit u and he just flies off or forms up with the carrier? Using the broadsword

target carrier and activate autopilot or just activate autopilot at less than 50% HP / 0 ammo

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Update time! Big thanks to Selkie, co-author of Iron Shell, for revising the Watchdog and GAREGGA Sprites!

Spoiler
v2.083
-------------------
= New Features =
- AI strikecraft(enemies and NPC allies) with WINGCOM and an officer piloting will have pilots assigned to their fighters like the player
   - Level varies based on the officers level + a bit of rng
   - Squad names are (currently) just (parent ship name) + Squadron

- New ship, VX Custom

- Added two tags: strikecraft_medium and strikecraft_large
   - ships with strikecraft_medium can only land on cruisers and capitals
   - ships with strikecraft_large can only land on capitals

= Bugfixes / QoL =
- AI strikecraft should launch from their own carriers properly

- Strikecraft should no longer 'clown car' from carriers
   - Basically, the number of strikecraft that can deploy from carriers is equal to the number valid launch bays on the field at time of deployment
   - Once all slots are taken remaining strikecraft will deploy from edge like normal ships

- Fixed pilotable kouto never appearing for sale
- Fixed strikecraft not being affected by CR Reduction / Reduced PPT in coronas/event horizon
- Fixed visual bug with Valkazard Combat Stims appearing disabled on hullmod, even when recreational drugs present
- Fixed bug where WINGCOM fighters would land on parent ship with no native bays if no other carriers were present instead of retreating
- Fixed strikecraft being locked in an invisible/uncontrollable state if player tried ordering one while docked

Watchdog
- Watchdog sprite revised by Selkie
   - Removed 2 medium turrets
   - Added WINGCOM
   - Adjusted AI to better attempt to keep distance

- Garegga sprite revised by Selkie

- Curvy Laser subprojectiles are now interceptable targets (versus only the parent projectile being interceptable)
   - fixed outdated description text stating impact damage was 4500, should be 3000
[close]

Between the last update and this one, a bunch of other mods that add strikecraft have been released. Most of them are available on the unofficial discord only, but you can get them at the below links:
Vanilla Armatura: https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/994873133028876319

Mayasuran Fighter Expansion:
https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/991247358526509096

Plunderin' Strikecraft:
https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/993353538912649256

SIMP
https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/991140063826149436

Machina Void Shipyards AA Addon:
(see MVS page)

Unofficial Diable Avonics Addon:
(This was made by forum user Pep, but they arent going to do any further work on it if anyone wants to take it over, go for it..it adds all the wanzers as playable units)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RPGO3Q3gNC5a9aCUU4gPeJwTyY07LigO/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 04:45:40 AM by shoi »

Katsumi

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey Shoi. I just downloaded the new update, and I've noticed an odd interaction that hasn't happened with the prior version.

Whenever I dock my Valkazard with an AI-controlled Netzach from the ARC mod, it starts reloading and rearming as usual, but when the Netzach uses its ship system (a phase dive analogue), it, uh... eats the Valkazard, and spits out the leg module. Alone, and uncontrollable.

I've also noticed that when the AI-Netzach does a phase dive when it has an AI-controlled Alesté docked, it gets "stuck" in phase space, wobbling around uselessly, until the rearmament is complete and the Alesté returns to the field. Interestingly, this doesn't seem to happen when the Netzach is under player control.

This only just started happening with the latest update.

Edit: Actually, I was wrong. My Valkazard getting eaten seems to be happening no matter which carrier I dock at. It doesn't seem to be limited to the Netzach. Happened with the BB+ Black Lotus, too, which doesn't have a phase dive system. Haven't seen the Alesté, Kuoto-E type, or the Leynos have any odd behaviours, aside from the Netzach getting phase-dive stuck.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2022, 02:25:38 AM by Katsumi »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hey Shoi. I just downloaded the new update, and I've noticed an odd interaction that hasn't happened with the prior version.

Whenever I dock my Valkazard with an AI-controlled Netzach from the ARC mod, it starts reloading and rearming as usual, but when the Netzach uses its ship system (a phase dive analogue), it, uh... eats the Valkazard, and spits out the leg module. Alone, and uncontrollable.

if you redownload this should be fixed, i made a small ninja update for this issue specific to the valk a little after the initial post

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hey, so I had a quick, pretty simple question to ask:

Spoiler
So I downloaded the update and got a bit curious as to how the new ship's sprite looked like. However, when I got in the graphics folder, I noticed that you added some XIV version of a few mechs too (the Leynos for example). I failed to see any .skin files that would actually use those so... Did I simply not look at the right place, or are they intended as some kind of teaser for an upcoming thing? I'd like the idea of having some XIV battlegroup mechs in my fleet, honestly.
[close]

As always, thanks for your hardwork. Your mod's one of my favorites!

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Good stuff.  Any chance the Trihander will get the same treatment?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Good stuff.  Any chance the Trihander will get the same treatment?

It did! (Though I failed to mention that..whoops ^_^;)

Spoiler
So I downloaded the update and got a bit curious as to how the new ship's sprite looked like. However, when I got in the graphics folder, I noticed that you added some XIV version of a few mechs too (the Leynos for example). I failed to see any .skin files that would actually use those so... Did I simply not look at the right place, or are they intended as some kind of teaser for an upcoming thing? I'd like the idea of having some XIV battlegroup mechs in my fleet, honestly.
[close]

That was mostly me messing around with stuff, and imo it's a pretty shoddy attempt at matching the aesthetic. That said, I could  (and did while testing) implement it, only reason i didnt was because I dont want to add too much mech stuff to vanilla fleets

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

It's not a skin.  Look in the leynos sprites.  It looks pretty good, honestly.

miu

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Do I have to make another save for this update to work?

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Nope.  Just delete the old AA mod folder and replace with the new one.  Only the next major version, 3.0, will break saves.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111