Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 679233 times)

Sgt.Schnitzel

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Alright so every single fighter i launch from a carrier that has wingcom immediatly has a critical malfuntion and sometimes just straight up explodes. I have no idea why thats happening :/
Some interference with Modern Carriers? I know Modern Carriers has that functionality as a failsafe under certain circumstances.

Forget what i said its because it was a ED carrier which cant use manned fighters.....im stupid

Kiren

• Ensign
    • View Profile

sir,may i ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector forum?
here's it's address:https://www.fossic.org/
I would really appreciate it if you could agree.  ;D ;D

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

This is just a bug report of stuff I noticed in 2.05

-Various things are missing descriptions, the ones I noticed specifically are (by id):
(weapons)
armaa_altagrave_syrinx
armaa_altagrave_blade
armaa_kouto_torso_frig
armaa_einhander_plus_head
armaa_leynos_minigun_right (despite the id this is actually an aleste weapon)
There's also various fightercraft (LPC only) weapons that are missing descriptions, but personally I'm not the type to mind those.

(hullmods)
armaa_variableRifle (this might be intended, still gonna list it)
armaa_selector_gauss
armaa_selector_hellbore

armaa_flare_decoy (system) seems to have been copied improperly, the text repeats twice and lists ",Defensive,"

The watchdog has a typo in its tags, armaa_mobilearmo (missing "r").
The watchdog's weapon switching isn't functioning properly, it only swaps guns when both hullmods are missing. You cannot use both hellbores or guass unless stripping the hull until desired results. Most likely stems from having both switchers (LEFTSWITCH,RIGHTSWITCH) look for the same hullmods, unlike other craft where left/right gun hullmods are distinct.
Since I've listed the watchdog twice now, I don't like the AI's use of the system, it cannot properly chase ships since it leaves the system on even when the enemy is backing off.

Valkazard counter shield body incorrectly states shield arc is decreased by 0%.

Leynos right arm crusher hullmod sorts differently than the other switcher hullmods, it always favors the bottom of the list (of installed hullmods) instead of the top as the others do.

Wingcom suite has an extra percent symbol under the details tab ("skills over time%").

Now a bit of balance feedback, the Leynos left arm railgun is terrible. Compared to a standard railgun all it has is non-arcing EMP (worth very little) and worse DPS, and yet it costs more than double the flux per damage (efficiency 2.25 vs 0.9)

Finally a question, since the baseline altagrave has a "laser sword" in its left arm slot, are the (C) and (G) variants supposed to have nothing there? The (G) variant especially, since it alone has a movement system allowing for easier use of a melee weapon.

Hi, thanks, im going through this now.

Is this potentially AA related?

Happens right when I blow up the last enemy ship

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.pickManeuver(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.FighterAI.cancelCurrentManeuver(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.cancelDirectOrdersForMember(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.giveDirectOrder(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.giveDirectOrder(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.tasks.CombatTaskManager.orderFullRetreat(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.?O0000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.BaseBattleStrategy.Object(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.B.?00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.admiral.AdmiralAI.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatFleetManager.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

This used to occur with AA, but not in the context you mentioned. What ship was it that you destroyed when this happened?

hello, I just got your mod today and am getting this crash when hitting "manage" on a squad leader. I tried it twice, and same result. I thought I'd let you know. thanks! so far it's really fun

Code
65563 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.createSquadView(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:233)
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.createLargeDescription(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:534)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.updateUIForItem(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.buttonPressConfirmed(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:574)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hmm, I can't reproduce this. Was this with a normal officer?

sir,may i ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector forum?
here's it's address:https://www.fossic.org/
I would really appreciate it if you could agree.  ;D ;D

Hi you are free to translate it, however the person quoted below asked me for permission previously, so it might be a good idea to check with them so you don't end up doing extra work for nothing  :)
hello,can I get your permission to translate this to Chinese ? dude. And i will upload this mod to a forum in china (everthing is free). I just wish more people can play this great mod. thank u really.

memeextremist

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

hello, I just got your mod today and am getting this crash when hitting "manage" on a squad leader. I tried it twice, and same result. I thought I'd let you know. thanks! so far it's really fun

Code
65563 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.createSquadView(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:233)
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.createLargeDescription(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:534)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.updateUIForItem(Unknown Source)
at data.scripts.campaign.intel.armaa_squadManagerIntel.buttonPressConfirmed(armaa_squadManagerIntel.java:574)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.comms.v2.EventsPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hmm, I can't reproduce this. Was this with a normal officer?
edit: WOW. figured it out. I didn't have the hullmod installed. herp
thanks again o7
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 08:25:56 AM by memeextremist »

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

What's the logic behind wingcom's rep and leveling? Sometimes I get a decent rep boost post-combat, for seemingly an easy, small engagement. Other times the fight grants be upwards of 200k xp and the rep doesn't change on any pilot, despite this being the harder battle (neither combat caused the ship to be disabled).

As for the levels/elite skills I'm assuming it's a roll post combat at a certain rep level? Since they don't seem to correlate directly to rep.

Never mind, I missed that bit under the info tab. Instead I'd like to recommend that the random gain should at least be non-zero, it feels pretty bad to not make any progress for potentially several combats in a row.

Edit: There might be something else at play here, since after having 5 combats with no change I restarted the game and gains were possible again. Afterwards I repeated this experiment, when I seemed to stop gaining any rep restarting once again fixed it.

While looking at this more closely I've also noticed that elite skills don't display properly in the management UI, they all seem to be elite (I'm assuming that's what the "+" means, if I'm wrong then ignore this), after promoting however it appears to just be a display issue.

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 09:34:50 AM by Mr_8000 »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Edit: There might be something else at play here, since after having 5 combats with no change I restarted the game and gains were possible again. Afterwards I repeated this experiment, when I seemed to stop gaining any rep restarting once again fixed it.

Was this on a new game?
The elite indicator is indeed bugged - for some reason checking skill with isElite seems to always return as true, even if it isn't, ill look into that more.

Also RE: The Altagrave [C] and Altagrave[G] and laser swords, G was basically soft removed since the weapons can be swapped now. I could make a melee-specific alta with a system more practical to that playstyle, but it'd probably involve rerigging the ship since it's animation is a bit more limited due to how its set up compared to the fighter-sized mechs.

Anyhow, i should have an update out this weekend hopefully that deals with most of your other feedback + some bugs

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Was this on a new game?

No it isn't, this save was started just after v2.00 released. If that could potentially be the issue then I'll just live with it until I start a fresh one.

Edit: As for the elite skills, isElite seems to check whether or not the skill can be elite, not whether or not it is elite. Seems to be defined in the .skill file ""elite":true,". You might be better off checking with getLevel, since elite skills return level 2 instead of 1.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:41:26 PM by Mr_8000 »

Sunnyko

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Would be kind of nice if we could.... say assign AI cores to the wingcom of automated wings.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello brother, I am the translator before, my friends in China like your mod very much, so I would like to express my thanks to you here

Pep

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I was able to make mini mod that makes diable mechs playable like the ones here,,, can I post it?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hello brother, I am the translator before, my friends in China like your mod very much, so I would like to express my thanks to you here

Good to hear! Thanks for translating!  :)

I was able to make mini mod that makes diable mechs playable like the ones here,,, can I post it?

I don't mind but you probably should run it past DA mod author, I don't know what their stance would be

In other news another bugfixing round

v2.06
-------------------
- Added some more dialogue text
- Fixed another potential crash caused by carriers that somehow don't have launchbays
- fixed crash caused by transferring command to wingcom ship using officer that never was assigned a wingcom ship before
- Fix bug with aleste swordsman variant
- Fix bug with hullmod order on Leynos
- Leynos Railgun Flux Cost: 225->90 (2.25 ->.9)
   - EMP Damage: 100-> 175
- fixed typo with mobile armor tag
- fixed watchdog weapon swapping
- adjusted watchdog system AI
   - Should be a bit smarter with using it
- Fixed incorrect display of elite skills for wingcom pilots
- Added small chance for wingcom hullmod to appear for sale on submarket @ meshan
- Increased engagement range reduction for wingcom by 10% for all hullsizes
- Strikecraft can no longer use fighter clamps from Roider Union
- Enemy ships with WINGCOM hullmod that have a squadron will now use the correct colors to identify them instead of friendly/player colors (this case shouldn't happen in normal gameplay outside of mod shenanigans / traitor command ... for now)

Known bug:
Hyperstorm damage reduction for strikecraft on campaign layer applies in combat as well for corona PPT reduction
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 10:29:13 AM by shoi »

Skip

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you for this great mod.

Im trying to use WINGCOM with the Battelstar from ScalarTech Solutions. Its a multi-module Ship with fighter bays on each part, but it doesnt seem to work. WINGCOM thinks that there is not officer assigned, except for the main part. Any chance that this gets fixed?

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile

I wouldn't be surprised if WINGCOM isn't rigged up to work with modular carriers just yet. Remember that modular ships are only "sort of" supported by Starsector as it stands; some weirdness is to be expected. It's probably not detecting that the "ship" (e.g. the module) has an officer. And the question is, how hard will it be to get that to work?

Anyway, thanks for the update, Shoi (the bug I reported got fixed!)

also Pep I am vibrating in my seat here, pls gib mini-mod

• Ensign
    • View Profile

hello dude. I find some bugs,some of the ship, such as "valkazard""aleste" ,they can't land on other ships normally,maybe because they didn't build in "landingBeacon" , I don't know,according to  description about "strikeCraft", "valkazard" or "aleste" should be able to land and resupply on other ships normally.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for this great mod.

Im trying to use WINGCOM with the Battelstar from ScalarTech Solutions. Its a multi-module Ship with fighter bays on each part, but it doesnt seem to work. WINGCOM thinks that there is not officer assigned, except for the main part. Any chance that this gets fixed?
TBD on this, iirc there was some issues with modules and detecting them on refit screen. I know its possible, i just need to ask a friend for more info

hello dude. I find some bugs,some of the ship, such as "valkazard""aleste" ,they can't land on other ships normally,maybe because they didn't build in "landingBeacon" , I don't know,according to  description about "strikeCraft", "valkazard" or "aleste" should be able to land and resupply on other ships normally.

Docking is enabled once they run out of ammo or take enough damage, and then activating autopilot. To dock manually, you have to target a carrier and activate autopilot.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111