Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 111

Author Topic: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.6 BETA [4/3/24]  (Read 679652 times)

robepriority

• Captain
  • robepriority#2626
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Arma Armatura v3.0.5 BETA [2/8/24]
« Reply #1575 on: March 19, 2024, 02:46:57 PM »

Wingcom pilots being killable wouldn't really solve the issue at large either. Since you're still juggling dozens of aces all at once. Which kind of also means that you kind of.. never just grow attached to a certain pilot, since they're just one amongst a bunch. With Aces being Wingleaders (Wingcom Wingleaders? Wingcomleaders? Wingcom Wings?), there'd be few enough to care about.
At least as far as the RP goes. Either case though, love the mod. Love the chatter and little names over my fighters as they zip around.

Wingleader is fine, but a change like that would NOT effect superfighters.

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 20, 2024, 09:05:33 AM »

Sorry to bother you, but as I need to update my Chinese translation, may I ask when your next update will be? :'(

Hi, i'm shooting for end of the week at the latest. I'm finishing up getting the big green WIP robot into a playable state, which is mostly done, and also gotta fix up some dialogue issues w/ dawn and the luddic shrines. was hoping to finish earlier but real life keeps getting in the way.
 :'(

Also, I split most of the anime-y portraits off into a submod (partially for aesthetic reasons, and mostly because there are a lot, and i'd like to minimize vram usage where possible) and replaced the character specific ones with...slightly less? anime-y ones, which seems to work but need to test a bit more
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 09:12:10 AM by shoi »

jtcbrown

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 20, 2024, 09:41:52 AM »

Dug through but not finding info, apologies if already answered:

Does Diable and Armaa current versions work together?  If not, does that patch still work?  What about Vanilla Arma patch or whatever?

Any help appreciated.

Shoka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 20, 2024, 05:01:08 PM »

Is there a strikecraft version of the Garegga or something similar? It's a cool mech but I want it a bit more compact

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 20, 2024, 05:16:06 PM »

Also, I split most of the anime-y portraits off into a submod (partially for aesthetic reasons, and mostly because there are a lot, and i'd like to minimize vram usage where possible) and replaced the character specific ones with...slightly less? anime-y ones, which seems to work but need to test a bit more

Dang, I love all those portraits.  They fit the aesthetic of the anime I saw as a kid in an awesome way.

Does Diable and Armaa current versions work together?  If not, does that patch still work?  What about Vanilla Arma patch or whatever?

Any help appreciated.

I doubt any of those still work.  I haven't seen the guy who made those mods in a while, and they were initially made for .95.  I think some changes to how hullmods are displayed were made in .96, and that broke a lot of mods.

lustfull

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 21, 2024, 06:08:59 AM »

Is there a strikecraft version of the Garegga or something similar? It's a cool mech but I want it a bit more compact

in the nekki starsysteme , there is a valkazard clase strikecraft , but be prepare for a fight againt redacted.

jtcbrown

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 21, 2024, 09:38:04 AM »

Yeah and looks like someone else is maintaining Diable now?

That said, I found the Diable wings in the hull / variant list with console commands, but could not actually spawn them.  They spawn in as LPC items.

I needs my dibble armaa wings folks...  :D

(The Valiant as Armaa Wing is stupid good without being OP, at least in my usual modlist.)

Seti

• Ensign
  • A friendly AI core
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 26, 2024, 11:10:30 AM »

Hey! I really like your mod and thinking of making my own, I want to make a ship simmilar to yours, and also use the system with dawn where she reacts to certain locations, is it okay if i look in your code to see how it works? i will credit you if i end up posting your mod
Can you help me buy some milk?

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 27, 2024, 09:10:11 AM »

Hey! I really like your mod and thinking of making my own, I want to make a ship simmilar to yours, and also use the system with dawn where she reacts to certain locations, is it okay if i look in your code to see how it works? i will credit you if i end up posting your mod

Sure! btw, this code is a derivative of code written by Jannes (Co-Author of Symbiotic Void Creatures, which is also where it is used originally) original version is probably less janky overall.

Any help appreciated.
I removed all the outdated links, I think there is a version of this diable submod for 0.96 that might work.

Dang, I love all those portraits.  They fit the aesthetic of the anime I saw as a kid in an awesome way.
they will still be available :) ill include the "submod" in the update, you just need to check box to keep them enabled.

As for update, i am late. it's tough getting melee ship to use system intelligently. I just need a little more testing time.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 09:13:22 AM by shoi »

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 27, 2024, 11:46:47 PM »

Sorry to bother you, but as I need to update my Chinese translation, may I ask when your next update will be? :'(

Hi, i'm shooting for end of the week at the latest. I'm finishing up getting the big green WIP robot into a playable state, which is mostly done, and also gotta fix up some dialogue issues w/ dawn and the luddic shrines. was hoping to finish earlier but real life keeps getting in the way.

Ok, thanks bro, maybe I should wait for a few days, after all a "big thing" is very attractive to everyone, thanks for your work, we (in the Chinese community) love this mod, although there are always various bugs (it's not your wrong,bro) ;)

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 28, 2024, 03:47:34 AM »

Ok, thanks bro, maybe I should wait for a few days, after all a "big thing" is very attractive to everyone, thanks for your work, we (in the Chinese community) love this mod, although there are always various bugs (it's not your wrong,bro) ;)
thanks! It shouldn't take much longer
you are welcome to report them here so i know about them  ;)

jawich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 28, 2024, 03:31:32 PM »

Hey man, Just wanted to say that your mod has been my favorite here for a long while(especially the addition of the armored core boost system), and wanted to throw out a suggestion. I saw that the Halo mod over on the discord incorporated the star wars shielding for their ships. idk if something like that would be possible for the mechs but that would probably look really cool and would lower their profile even more for avoiding enemy projectiles.

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 31, 2024, 05:36:21 AM »

Yeah, going to second a slight "aww" at this. They don't entirely fit the aesthetic of vanilla Starsector, no (and some of them are a little more obviously algorithm-generated than others) but they sure as hell fit the aesthetic of the mod and playing the "who resembles folks from Elsewhere™" game with the portraits was fun. I still understand the move, but it's definitely in "aww man" territory. Absolutely picking up the submod when that becomes a thing.

(Also, props for following David's lead in vanilla and making sure the portraits are quite diverse!)

---

Anyway, at the risk of being a pest, is it looking like the update is going to drop today or very soon in the future? I'd like to have another go at a really deep ArmaA-centric run, but I've been hesitating because the update is so soon. (Or, alternately, will the coming formal update be save-compatible with the beta releases?)

I've also got some Feedback™, but I'll save that for when the full update drops. (Though I do have one item immediately:
Spoiler
in the current release, when you do unlock the ability to give Sera the Valkazard? I've unlocked her as a contact, but there's no option to hand over the 'Zard after recovering it.)
[close]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:04:10 AM by SpaceDrake »

shoi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: March 31, 2024, 11:45:08 AM »

If you really want a sneak peak, the prerelease is on the github rn (though there are a few issues with it)
it should be out officially today or tomorrow

as for the zard issue, I think this is because the current code doesnt recognize the valkazard if it has any dmods. I'll fix this for the update. Also, should be save compatible as long as you enable the submod for the portraits which will be bundled in with it

Yacobus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: April 01, 2024, 06:29:52 PM »

Hi is it supposed to be possible to get a commision with ArmaA at some point? It made sense in the beginning of my current run that I didnt have one given that they don't technically have a planet at the start of a the campaign, but I've progressed to the point where I was asked to assist in started a rebellion on a certain planet. I started that rebellion, and made sure it succeeded. They now have a planet but I still cant get a commission. They also don't show up on the scoreboard, or show up in the list of "factions". I'm just trying to make sure I didn't make some catastrophic error with settings that will inhibit my galactic gundam domination before I get too deep into the run. If anyone knows if I just need to progress the quest further, or if its possible that I messed up some nexerelin setting please let me know I would appreciate it.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 111