Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [0.95.1a-RC6] Pearson Exotronics  (Read 104749 times)

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics v0.5.4 - (Update Beta 7 Available)
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2021, 09:32:22 AM »

Glad to hear it! Mod thread has been inactive because I spend most my time posting on the discord chat, but I'm close to completing the next (VERY MAJOR) update to the mod.

Great news, can't wait!

I am in no possession of a discord link, would you mind posting a release here sometimes?

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11488.0 its pinned in the general part of the forum :V

That_Dude

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics v0.5.4 - (Update Beta 8 Available)
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2021, 10:57:25 AM »

Linux filesystems are case sensitive and the file (".../pn/graphics/pn/weapons/pndsilaser/v1/pn_dsi_turretbase59.PNG") is causing an error because it's attempting to load the file with a lowercase extension.

Awesome mod; thanks for all of the time and dedication!! :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 10:59:05 AM by That_Dude »

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics v0.5.4 - (Update Beta 8 Available)
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2021, 04:23:24 PM »

Linux filesystems are case sensitive and the file (".../pn/graphics/pn/weapons/pndsilaser/v1/pn_dsi_turretbase59.PNG") is causing an error because it's attempting to load the file with a lowercase extension.

Awesome mod; thanks for all of the time and dedication!! :)

I haven't released anything for 0.95, that is from a different mod.

Patrick Swayze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Pearson Exotronics v0.5.4
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2021, 06:06:23 AM »

Are you gonna tackle Pearson before you get settled in with overhauling Neutrino?

I haven't spent enough time with the chonky faction yet.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2021, 08:12:55 AM »

Are you gonna tackle Pearson before you get settled in with overhauling Neutrino?

I haven't spent enough time with the chonky faction yet.

Yep, working on pearson stuff at the moment, lots coming. Neutrino overhaul is going to be a long term thing, probably in a number of months, depending on life  :)

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2021, 07:01:11 AM »

I think it's time to do a progress report

I've been attempting to do some portraits with zero artistic experience that wasn't ship painting. They look clumsy compared to vanilla's portraits but they work, I think.

I have also acquired other original portraits from other sources, and a couple more might be on the way. The second portrait here is a minor quest spoiler, more below.

A couple new ships have been added to the arsenal so far, both are carriers. Dedicated carriers are boring so I don't have any plans for something with more than three decks at this point. An additional common light destroyer and light cruiser are probably going to end up getting into the next release.

The mode codebase has had serious revision and refactoring since I last posted a mod beta, including some new tech I want to show off. First is a standalone polygonal partical rendering system which I will probably use for new effects when I get around to overhauling Neutrino, and put it in its own standalone library mod along with some other shared goodies.

The entire drone launch and pattern system has been reworked under the hood to be modular. The system gui has also been updated to be fully abstracted, which fixes issues introduced by the new ship system stat changes.

Faction-unique weapons are also in the works, including but not limited to:
    -Hardlux Beamcannon - medium energy mount, rotary beam that does hardlux energy damage at 700 range
    -Helsing Flak Rifle - small ballistic mount, a long range proximity frag weapon designed to snipe fighters, excellent when massed, very compatible with IPDAI
    -Cascade Accelerator - large energy mount, efficient energy plasma blaster that fires 60 bursts of projectiles, low damage against armour but high sustained damage and EMP
    -Thrall Rocket Launcher - small missile mount, launches fast and maneuverable kinetic rockets that are strong against frigates. Uses an accurate guided missile AI.

A campaign questline is in the works, featuring loot, bar fights, spooks, a unique ship, [REDACTED], actual [REDACTED] and some [VERY REDACTED] for good measure.

This post probably covers the important stuff but there is still a lot of work and polish to do, and I might get around to posting more teasers.

Vensalir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2021, 08:48:23 AM »

Terrific news, looking forward to playing with Pearson again!

Patrick Swayze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2021, 09:48:46 AM »

SNIP

Sounds like months rather than weeks but I'm still excited. Kinda hoping the weapons are green or orange and nothing in-between.

zsunsun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson Exotronics
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2021, 06:07:50 PM »

Hey just wanted to drop by to say this is one of my most favorite faction to play with!

Can't wait for new content update coming up!

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2021, 05:57:57 AM »

Is the mod compatible with 0.95?

dcong89

• Ensign
  • Work Hard Play Hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2021, 04:57:22 AM »

Is the mod compatible with 0.95.1a-RC5?

Yunear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2021, 07:17:21 AM »

Is the mod compatible with 0.95.1a-RC5?

No, it's not compatible. It needs to be updated first else it will cause crashes IIRC.

tomatopaste

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2022, 09:08:19 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, we are back

Big Bee

• Commander
  • bugs are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2022, 11:54:16 AM »

Whoah! This mod hasn't been up to date since before I started playing. Can't wait to finally give it a try!

MiniMaster22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2022, 01:24:40 AM »

Any idea on when a downloadable version will be released?
cool mod btw :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8