Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Recreatable CTD when leaving player colony cluster on a very modded game.  (Read 1913 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yeah, hotfix doesn't match Alex' work pattern.  Depending on where the bug is, though, it might be something where a bugfix mod could be created?
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Ah, yeah, that's a good point - it's in LuddicPathCellsIntel, the abortIncident() method. If that method is called from reportFleetDespawnedToListener(), it should not call smuggler.getActiveFleet().removeEventListener(this).

knogleknuser

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Found the smuggler fleet again, sadly, your command didn't work, the market it was returning to was just some random HMI market, now it is actually returning to an 'unknown location' which i assume is the luddic path base.

Your command gave the following feedback.
CompileException In line 1 column 90/92 (depending on whether I included "" or not) it expected a ')' instead of a ';'

Should such a hotfix mod be made, do send me a message or something, would love to use it :)

*EDIT* Did what the feedback suggested and it worked and despawned the fleet. I AM FREE TO ONCE AGAIN BRING TERROR.

EDIT 2: A different smuggler has spawned somewhere, and I was even trying to hide away from the core worlds T.T, I only have 2-3 seconds from my save before I crash. Hopefully, this hotfix mod is made and fixes it, for now, I am unable to continue my game.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 02:33:21 PM by knogleknuser »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Nice, glad you got it! Yeah, I forgot a closing ) there, my bad.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Industrial.Evolution applies fleet listeners as well.

Alex, is there a way to identify that specific luddic path smuggler fleet via CampaignFleetAPI so I can exclude it from listener application?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm - you could iterate over fleet.getEventListeners() and see if any of them are instanceof LuddicPathCellsIntel.class.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you, I implemented that - it should solve it for my stuff at least.

For anyone else, Techpriest suggested a temporary preemptive measure to avoid this today:

Set "minInterestForPatherCells" in Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json to 200- this will prevent pather cells from spawning, so they are not able to cause the problem, and they don't really do anything this version anyway.

while this will prevent the problem, it will not solve current crashes.
Pages: 1 [2]