Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: [0.97.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (MAOR Greater Gooder-er)  (Read 201969 times)

QuietOkami

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (More Chaos Capitals)
« Reply #195 on: March 12, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »

Massive 40k fan here and have tried the mod starting as an Imperial Captain but I gotta say the lack of the ability for the AI to properly broadside results in me having to do so much work and the battles lasting a lot longer than they should and Imperial ships being far less effective than they should be. I like this mod but until the AI has the ability to properly utilize their broadside batteries I can't see the Imperium being effective.

FoggyHunter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2023, 03:27:26 PM »

Hey there.

Just wanted to first say that this is an amazing mod and the work you do is very impressive. From what I can tell it is faithful to the source material without being completely broken. However, I wanted to put forth some of my observations/complaints/suggests.

First off, I'm not sure if its a bug or unfinished, but when I found an Imperial Navy Weapon Blueprint Package in game, the package didn't have any actual blueprints in it. It had the name and description of the package, but no list of blueprints like vanilla packages have. It even said I already knew all the blueprints in the package, when a look at my custom production tab in game proves otherwise. I'm playing with the Nexerilin so I'm not sure how that affects things.

Second, as was stated previously by someone else, the ai doesn't seem to be entirely competent with broadside tactics.  Additionaly, my fleet of purely Imperial ships tend to collide with eachother and get in eachothers way.  I'm not sure if this is because the ai doesn't properly recognize the size of the ships, but great annoyance has been had when trying to manuver in a large fleet. I'm not even sure if these are issues you are able to tweak in your mod, or if they are just quirks of the base games ai.

On a similiar note, many (if not all) of the Imperial ships have an annoying habbit of using their non-point-defence weapons to shoot at fighters and missiles rather than the actual enemy ships in range. I have seen Lunar and Gothic-class cruisers using their lance batteries as point defence weapons, when they should never do anything of the sort. And, given how crowded the ai makes an Imperial fleet durring battle, this has often lead to catastrophic friendly fire. I don't know how to make them stop, because if I set the weapons off of auto, the ai won't fire them at all.  Again, I don't know if this is something you can fix in your mod, or another quirk of the base game, but I thought I should point it out.

Thank you again for the time and effort you put into this mod.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:23:34 PM by FoggyHunter »

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2023, 09:31:58 PM »

That's a very excellent point about major weapons systems trying to engage the fighters... There must be an AI weapon hint in somewhere to prevent that.

General goofiness of AI and the broadsides is a game issue and likely the only fix for that is to write some kind of custom AI. Base starsector ships normally have most of their pew pews facing front so undoubtedly the AI was written with that in mind.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2023, 03:21:48 AM »

The base game has multiple broadside ships, but the AI just isn't there for them. Usually you're better off only filling half the ship (BFG ships are massively overslotted so it's not an issue).
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Rexaureus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2023, 10:12:49 AM »

For those that have played it, how does the Nagato from the Missing Ships mod fare against the capitals from here?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 06:53:11 PM by Rexaureus »

kokuto

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 13, 2023, 08:42:14 PM »

Does this mod kinda function on 0.96 or does it also experience crashes?

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 08, 2023, 08:54:55 PM »

Does this mod kinda function on 0.96 or does it also experience crashes?

0.4.2.1 minor update for 0.96a
Checked all the planets and numerous ships and they all work with the new update.

Alakai16

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (Minor update for 0.96a)
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2023, 08:50:12 PM »

Aloha Just got the recent update and I am experiencing the blank weapon blueprints for the orc and the imperial navy ? Please see attached pic

Ghosts of Razgriz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2023, 06:22:51 AM »

man, retribution doesn't even come with the torpedoes, also, the emperor battleship has prow macros instead, somehow, and well the hull armor stats are really weak

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2023, 02:41:34 AM »

This all looks really cool!

I dont suppose there are plans for a Gloriana? >.>

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2023, 06:54:09 AM »

man, retribution doesn't even come with the torpedoes, also, the emperor battleship has prow macros instead, somehow, and well the hull armor stats are really weak

Well that's weird, indeed the torps got eaten on the Retribution.   Good eyeballs!   Fixed. 
Emperor battleship forward weapons is based on the old BFG stat of a prow weapons battery.

Given the issues the AI has with using the broadsides, I have boosted all battleship level armor.

Aloha Just got the recent update and I am experiencing the blank weapon blueprints for the orc and the imperial navy ? Please see attached pic

Hrmmmmm, looks like weapons aren't all tagged up properly to get them linked to the blueprints, will work thru this before posting the next update.

Not currently.  Might fit better in a Space Marine faction.  Imperium is largely done.  Still could use a custom battlestation though. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 07:14:53 AM by AccuracyThruVolume »

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (Fixes and Blueprints)
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2023, 08:57:05 PM »

V 0.4.3 update!      See linky for download on the first page

* Retribution got its torps back (thanks Ghosts of Razgriz for the bug report!)
* AI hints so Imperium / Chaos doesn't try to lance blast fighters anymore.
* Blueprints fixes, all Imperium, Ork, and Chaos ships and weapons are now out there (Chaos Battlecruisers bp currently blank, no Battlecruisers are made yet)
* Armor Boosts to Imperium and chaos ships
* Minor armor nerf to High Metal content Rok and MegaRok

Note that some blueprints have had their class names changed, this could break your save game if you have some old ones, so new game recommended.

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (Fixes and Blueprints)
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2023, 07:37:29 AM »

+++++
Imperial scout report:

Deployed spy buoy omnicron beta seven has intercepted a partial fragment of Chaos radio traffic.  Said data, while largely corrupted, tells of a very large construction project.   One image related to blueprint dataset recovered as below.    The Emperor protects  +++++

« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 08:08:33 AM by AccuracyThruVolume »

Ghosts of Razgriz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 29, 2023, 11:15:16 PM »

Well that's weird, indeed the torps got eaten on the Retribution.   Good eyeballs!   Fixed. 
Emperor battleship forward weapons is based on the old BFG stat of a prow weapons battery.

Given the issues the AI has with using the broadsides, I have boosted all battleship level armor.

Hrmmmmm, looks like weapons aren't all tagged up properly to get them linked to the blueprints, will work thru this before posting the next update.

Not currently.  Might fit better in a Space Marine faction.  Imperium is largely done.  Still could use a custom battlestation though.

kinda dumb ngl, I'd prefer torps over macro, also shouldn't the space marine and mechanicus come with imperium together? there should also be astartes as a seperate marine commodity that's better in every way

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (Destroyer of Rocks)
« Reply #209 on: August 25, 2023, 05:08:30 AM »

Behold the Destroyer of Rocks comes! 

Update Time!

V0.4.4

Added:

Iconoclast Destroyer
Planet Killer Reproduction

Several missing ships added to sim opponents
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17