Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.97.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (MAOR Greater Gooder-er)  (Read 194901 times)

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2022, 06:41:53 PM »

Small Hotfix: 

* Correction of Apocalypse Bounds polygon

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2022, 02:00:58 AM »

V0.0.7  update

Added Nexerelin Compatibility

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2022, 09:35:27 AM »

Niiiice.

Congrats on the move to Mods!

Mira Lendin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2022, 01:19:41 PM »

Ships looks like leggo lol
^^

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2022, 05:04:46 PM »

Yeah they are not the prettiest ever to look at.  Part because they are space borne cathedrals and would look better from the side.   Also part because my brain isn't a good artist brain.   Its serviceable though and does the job.

stormturmoil

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2022, 08:34:27 PM »

One suggestion I would make to help with the armour issue would be to make the Prow a Module, that way you can give it it's own, much higher armour value, and  some defence-oriented hullmods or even a defence-oriented system, to represent the forward protection aspect; that would allow you to normalise the armour over the rest of the ship to something lower to prevent imbalance.

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2022, 11:08:37 AM »

One suggestion I would make to help with the armour issue would be to make the Prow a Module, that way you can give it it's own, much higher armour value, and  some defence-oriented hullmods or even a defence-oriented system, to represent the forward protection aspect; that would allow you to normalise the armour over the rest of the ship to something lower to prevent imbalance.

Hmm, kind of like Kingdom of Terra's modules.  That's what lets their ships ram others without too much risk of damage to self as the module takes most of the damage. 

I wonder if it's possible to adjust the AI for the Nova Cannon or lower the radius, as much as I love the weapon the friendly fire for it really takes a toll on frigates or shieldless phase ships that get caught in the blast.  Usually results in a one-shot.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 11:52:25 AM by IGdood »

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2022, 12:55:23 PM »

For ship visuals, there are some art made for playing original tabletop game .
Maybe you already know them and do not use them for being too low resolution, or maybe copyright reasons ?
If not, most of them could be found here (scroll 2/3 of page to find images) : http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/30939280

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2022, 04:17:04 PM »

Ahh the artwork for the vassal module.   I think I still have that around somewhere.   Prolly would have to remake a bunch of it to get it to work with the sizes of the starsector mounts.   Good find though.

After playing a dedicated two days with nexerelin and a pile of other faction mods I'm starting to think that the real star of the 40k faction are the torpedoes.    Hot diggity can they do some damage if you have a few crusiers with the torp prow on them.   ;D

chrizeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2022, 08:15:30 PM »

Really awesome mod. Allready loving it.
Maybe this is a little nitpicky, but I've noticed three small things when you prioritize ships in your defense fleets.

1. If you if prioritize the freighter from this mod, the game still adds in other freighters from the game in the fleets.

2. Prioritizing the tanker from this mod makes the defense fleets more or less consist of 80% tankers.

3. If you prioritize the fighters from this mod, the game doesn't use them at all.

Other than that, it's still tons of fun.
Keep up the great work.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 01:11:27 AM by chrizeren »

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2022, 09:28:10 PM »

Hmmm, are we talking about colony management with the fleet wonkyness?   I rarely get far enough in a run to get a very developed colony.

Ahywhoo,   time for V 0.0.8!

+ Added Oberon Battleship

Tried experimenting with some more options for medium mounts.

+ Added Rotary Mars Macrocannon
+ Added Rotary Stygies Macrocannon
+ Added Rotary Disruption Macrocannon

* Tweaked spread on macrocannons.  Spread increases with firing, slowly reduces back to first shot accuracy with time.
* Tweaked ship roles, tanker fleets might be more normal
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 10:09:25 PM by AccuracyThruVolume »

IGdood

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2022, 02:23:32 PM »

Hmmm, are we talking about colony management with the fleet wonkyness?   I rarely get far enough in a run to get a very developed colony.

Ahywhoo,   time for V 0.0.8!

+ Added Oberon Battleship

Tried experimenting with some more options for medium mounts.

+ Added Rotary Mars Macrocannon
+ Added Rotary Stygies Macrocannon
+ Added Rotary Disruption Macrocannon

* Tweaked spread on macrocannons.  Spread increases with firing, slowly reduces back to first shot accuracy with time.
* Tweaked ship roles, tanker fleets might be more normal

The Oberon is my favorite.  it's pretty much got almost every single weapon and fighter the mod has to offer.  It's like the Imperial sampler

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 20, 2022, 03:57:54 PM »

I've found that ships that have a battery of macrocannons facing forward definitely play different then the other ships in the imperial fleet.   The Oberon is a good mix of gun coverage everywhere.   In testing I normally had everything on autofire and stay on the lances, using them once a target dropped its shields.

My current favorite ship is a hard tie between the Oberon and the Nemesis.    Waves upon waves of attack craft is just so cool to see.  Plus I'm biased as that Nemesis prow took me 3 days to make.   ;D

Future plans are more logistics ships, heavy fuel and cargo haulers, and the grand poobaah the star galleon Universe mass conveyor.

I also have a start of the Ramilles star fort but I have to figure out how to make a battle station.   They use modules so that could apply to future things as well.

Then on to another faction's fleet.....
« Last Edit: February 23, 2022, 08:43:28 PM by AccuracyThruVolume »

chrizeren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 21, 2022, 01:51:58 AM »

Yeah, i was talking about the colony management bit. The game decides to use random logistic ships and fighters from low/midline/hightech ships instead of the ones from your mod, even if i prioritize only ships from your mod. It's not a deal breaker, but thought i'd just mention it.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 01:54:17 AM by chrizeren »

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2022, 07:59:32 PM »

Yeah, i was talking about the colony management bit. The game decides to use random logistic ships and fighters from low/midline/hightech ships instead of the ones from your mod, even if i prioritize only ships from your mod. It's not a deal breaker, but thought i'd just mention it.

Cool.  Always appreciate feedback.   I'll have to take another look at the faction config.

V0.0.9 Update!

Cosmetic changes:

* Oberon prow resized and gold accent redone
* Emperor prow resized and gold accent redone
* Retribution prow gold accent redone.

This should make all the capital ships look more unified.

* All ship engines changed to high tech / blue to match the plasma engines of imperium ships.  Fighters remain the same, burning promethium.

* Plasma torpedoes' engine color changed to blue-white, to better match its plasma engine and warhead, which  already goes boom in a blue explosion.

Updated Capital ship sprites in the OP.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17