Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.97.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector (MAOR Greater Gooder-er)  (Read 194839 times)

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.5.XX] Battlefleets of the Gothic Sector
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 06:53:16 PM »

Huh, interesting.  I'll have to take a gander at that at some point.   I've been thinking of a mission line called something like "The 4 winds of the apocalypse".  Which would start a simultaneous invasion of Orks, Tyranids, Necrons, and Chaos to the sector at the extreme corners of the map.  They would then start pushing inward, fighting everyone (and each other ).

Maybe generate systems at these locations but make them dormant until that point?   Hmmmmm.... 

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 08:23:22 AM »

you definitely should!  probably you would just need to update code and maybe change the color pallet of the ships a bit.
they already look very much like tyranids, though

also, thats an excellent idea!
i like that idea better than them just endlessly spawning
however with that being said, maybe another implementation (perhaps this doesnt start until the main outer sector invasions start) is to have bases spawn a la Pirate and Luddic path type shenanigans
or perhaps this could be the prelude to the actual invasions, and once the invasions kick off (and depending on how strong the core worlds allow these menaces to get) that will kind of determine the spawn rate and strength of these "staging point" raider bases

last but not least, YES HAVE THEM ALL FIGHT
lol
i have been thinking quite some time one of the greatest updates we could have is some sort of system that allows for 3, 4, 5 way campaign battles
i doubt youd end up with more than 4 or 5 seperate factions all fighting
not sure this is possible without remaking several large parts of the game however i would love to see it

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2021, 03:37:34 AM »

Oh boy the ideas   ;D   We'll see what happens as this progresses.  Good thing to have these in the thread to refer to when the time comes. 
Speaking of progress... I have a super basic version working.  Imperium faction works more or less, although I think I need to tweak the fleet compositions quite a bit yet.
Just got a system coded in yesterday.   Bare bones and not complete yet, but working.   I'll really need to figure out how to make custom missions as well.
Need to add more more ship then finish Imperium system then 0.1 ahoy!
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 07:19:44 AM by AccuracyThruVolume »

toastyblitz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2021, 03:53:23 AM »

*excited servitor noises*

Custom missions aren't too bad. Take a look at the official missions, you can dissect one to get the correct formatting. Then just plug in your info.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2021, 11:23:40 AM »

so stoked!  im going to be starting a channel soon on youtube specifically for modded starsector (i think i have 80 enabled currently) and i am super stoked to add yours!

argothestarqueen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2021, 06:04:24 PM »

I recently got the game and am very interested in this mod. Is there a download available anywhere or has GW already axed it?

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2021, 04:49:51 AM »

GW would have no say in a non-commercial unofficial mod.   All the ship and weapon sprites are done by me from scratch.

Good news is I have the system completed and moved out of the core worlds properly.  Just a few more things that need cleaning up before 0.0.0.0.0.0.1 (or something)  ;D

Oh and another ship done.  Will add to the OP.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2021, 05:03:16 AM »

great!  i am still doing some playtesting
to start with i will likely make some "for fun" before i start the official playthrough.

i have some footage i could edit into a bloopers sort of real which will likely be the "piloy"

did i tell this thread im going to make a starsector channel?  lol

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2021, 04:55:35 AM »

Whelp,   I haz deployed the "proof of concept" version to the interwebs for your consumption.   I  think  that I got the faction to behave semi alright.    You have to buddy buddy up to them a bit before they will sell you their weapons though.    Or just cheat them in with the console mod for testing purposes   :P

I'm sure I broke half the things.   More ships shall commence construction soon to add to the armada.   I also need to figure out how campaign missions work to chain them together.
Oh and this is by no means gotten a proper balance pass.   While your not going to be able to pew pew everything into bits without fear, I haven't fine tuned things yet either.  You have been warned.
(Also I added a bonus ship at the last minute)

The name of the Imperium system is
Spoiler
Meridian
[close]

For the Emperor!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 05:14:38 AM by AccuracyThruVolume »

PuffyJelly

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2021, 04:58:50 AM »

Hey bro, if you need any help with spriting, just pm me. I can help you make some. We can discuss style and design and stuff.

th3boodlebot

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2021, 07:15:47 AM »

Hey bro, if you need any help with spriting, just pm me. I can help you make some. We can discuss style and design and stuff.

you are an absolute GOAT!!!!!

toastyblitz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2021, 10:22:01 AM »

Super quick initial thoughts:

Faction implementation looks good but for two points: does not seem to be a way to request a commission. I *think* that might be because I am using nexerlin, and you may not have implemented it yet or maybe some other bug.
Open market/Military market on both planets in Meridian do not spawn any weapons at all. The black markets do however, and will spawn imperium weapons.

Lances seem... weird? It might be just how I imagine them from the novels and whatnot, but it seems like they should be a short duration "strike" instead of a constant beam. As they are explosive damage at 250dps, you NEED to drop an enemies shields first, and then maintain the beam on the armor. the moment shields come back up they are largely ineffective, as many ships can passively dissipate the damage.

Lorkhan4E201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2021, 04:09:30 PM »

I agree that lances should be pulse weapons like the Tachyon Lance, but in cannon they are described as lacking pressure against shields (though that is due to their long charge up, wind down time).

AccuracyThruVolume

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2021, 05:12:10 PM »

Hmmm so would lances work better with a burst size of a few seconds, and then maybe up the dmg/flux a bit?   I started with a burst size and a long charge down but it just functioned oddly.   I'm not super satisfied with the sound I made either.   Needs a little more, zippy-ness.

I need to look into how to config the Imperium submarket.   They should populate weapons   :o

Anyone mess with the fighters yet?

Lorkhan4E201

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2021, 05:15:05 PM »

So i took the mod out for a spin, here's my 2 cents:
1: The models look great, and i can't wait to see what they look like with textures
2: The torpedoes are great, strong but not overpowered.
3: The lances should behave more like their Tachyon counterparts in vanilla, with a lower rate of fire (about 10 seconds to reload?) and high explosive damage.
4: The macrocannon projectiles are too fast and too accurate, and the rate of fire should be lower. Right now basically all Macrocannon shots hit their target. I'd double their damage and halve their Rate of Fire.
5: I feel like Imperial ships should have much higher fuel and supply capacities given their sheer size.
6: The deployment cost of Imperial ships is too low, the Retribution and Emperor should be at least as expensive as the Paragon.
So, that's all i've discovered so far, i wish you the best in the future, and thank you for bringing 40k (back) into Starsector.

PS: I forgot to add this one, but the Emperor has 8 macrocannon slots per broadside, instead of 4. Speaking of macrocannons, i think Battleships should get bigger macrocannons (Corvettes and Battleships using the same caliber is very weird)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17