Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267242 times)

Enceos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.d - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #2220 on: January 16, 2024, 12:50:46 AM »

Quote from: SirHartley
marines gain experience while stationed here
I don't understand the meaning of the word "stationed" in this case. Should the Marines be left in storage? Are the ones in the Resource Stockpile tab getting the training? Should a detachment with marines orbit the planet?
I'm asking because I don't see any numbers change, after many months I get the same zero experience marines. It's either I'm doing something wrong or the feature doesn't work.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 12:52:50 AM by Enceos »

Maladiktus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 17, 2024, 11:20:08 AM »

Dont know if anyone has been having the same issue with Supercomputers since the new patch but maybe someone knows the solution, my supercomputer keeps eating IA cores every single day, the tooltip says that it only has 0 months remaining. Anyone know a fix for this?

Tx in advance!

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 18, 2024, 03:20:48 AM »

How the Watchtower detection mechanism work exactly? It seems that it bypasses the Sensor algorithm entirely? Meaning that even if going dark, at a range of 3000 from them, you end up being spotted.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 18, 2024, 03:33:35 AM »

How the Watchtower detection mechanism work exactly? It seems that it bypasses the Sensor algorithm entirely? Meaning that even if going dark, at a range of 3000 from them, you end up being spotted.

Yes. It won't notify any patrol tho. Only the artillery know where you are at and where to aim.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 18, 2024, 04:04:08 AM »

That's odd, and I'm not sure I appreciate a mechanism that functions differently from the rest. I'll likely not activate it for my next playthrough. I find it jarring when something behaves differently from the expected rules, without plausibility. It's as if I had a module where a ship does not use up fuel when the Cycle number is odd. I have the same feeling here. Watchover completely bypasses the Detection mechanism, which is finely ingrained in the game, just because "it's magic."
That said, the mod author rules supreme and I appreciate greatly his awesome work. Take it as constructive criticism.  ;D

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 18, 2024, 09:10:15 AM »

Else it make said place impossible to sneak in or open fire upon you with your transponder off even if you have a good relationship with them. I'm not too keen of this myself but you have to step aside some realism in order to not make a game/mod too frustrating to play.

If you want to be miserable you could try bother SirHartley enough to make it happen.

Enceos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 18, 2024, 09:35:02 PM »

You can sneak up on the towers and hack them to prevent them from noticing you.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 18, 2024, 09:39:02 PM »

I'll try that, thanks.

I think I have a bug, all my fleet was lost except for my 2 tankers, and my space dog should have been lost (he was not onboard the 2 remaining tankers anyway), but I still got a message next month he was starving from lack of food!

EDIT: Next month, reported as dead. So almost not a bug, the food warning was undue though.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 09:52:36 PM by vorpal+5 »

Cel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 18, 2024, 10:40:37 PM »

Privateer base apparently has a bonus for using alcohol from substance abuse, but how exactly do you make it use it? I've tried putting alcohol on market and in storage, but nothing has changed. Does it need a brewery on the world?

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 20, 2024, 01:19:41 PM »

Finish assigning your current pet to activate this!

I have no other pet. The last one died some months ago in a catastrophic battle.

Crazy_Hat_Dave

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 22, 2024, 10:29:22 AM »

Dont know if anyone has been having the same issue with Supercomputers since the new patch but maybe someone knows the solution, my supercomputer keeps eating IA cores every single day, the tooltip says that it only has 0 months remaining. Anyone know a fix for this?

Tx in advance!

Ive been getting the same problem.  I have tried changing the Core usage time in the main menu settings and I am still getting the bug.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 22, 2024, 10:37:55 AM »

Finish assigning your current pet to activate this!

I have no other pet. The last one died some months ago in a catastrophic battle.
See https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.msg420033#msg420033

Tx in advance!

Ive been getting the same problem.  I have tried changing the Core usage time in the main menu settings and I am still getting the bug.
Remove and rebuild the supercomputer - it's a problem caused by the update. Sorry!

Enceos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 26, 2024, 07:23:08 PM »

So I tried experimenting with Corporate Goverment and it seems this type is only viable for planets which can have +30 Population growth without the Hazard Pay. On less habitable planets as soon as the market reaches its maximum size the Hazard Pay gets turned off and the growth can become negative, the market will shrink in a couple of days, then it becomes a swinging pendulum of growth to 6 with Hazard Pay and shrinking to 5.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 26, 2024, 10:03:35 PM »

Is it intended that even a friendly faction will have its artillery prevent surveying a planet? The completionist in me complains completely!

Corporate: I also moved away very rapidly!

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 27, 2024, 11:30:42 AM »

So I tried experimenting with Corporate Goverment and it seems this type is only viable for planets which can have +30 Population growth without the Hazard Pay. On less habitable planets as soon as the market reaches its maximum size the Hazard Pay gets turned off and the growth can become negative, the market will shrink in a couple of days, then it becomes a swinging pendulum of growth to 6 with Hazard Pay and shrinking to 5.

That happened? Mine stopped any grow/degrow on size 6 even with Corpo.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 157