Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1266766 times)

Crimson Spirit

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #2145 on: November 08, 2023, 07:29:47 AM »

Help, When I started this mod in my playthrough at the beginning I saw pet stores and pets etc., but after a while the pets and the pet stores disappeared, I can't see any of them anywhere ever

Also when I click on the mod in Version Checker it says the installed version is v3.3c while the online version is v3.2a and that "the installed version is ahead of remote version" even though I just downloaded the current v3.3c version from the main post

brain is starting to warp, please advise

hobolyra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: November 09, 2023, 10:20:33 PM »

I'm getting the same issue as a few others, with the Monastic Order government causing crashes. Only crash I've had this entire playthrough was when making a colony a Monastic Order, then rather soon after while still in the system...

Code
3065709 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.setHullSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.createEmptyVariant(Unknown Source)
at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.createAndPrepareMember(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:181)
at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.reportEconomyTick(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:142)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:118)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Desregaurd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: November 10, 2023, 01:08:38 AM »

Is the Riftpulse Cycler supposed to count as Ballistic for stat modifiers? It's damage type is energy and I think it was one of the researched weapons derived from Omega energy weapon research.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: November 10, 2023, 02:16:49 PM »

So i installed a Fusion Lamp on a Hidden Arcology and discovered it gets stuck with a 10% Insufficient Volatiles Hazard malus because it simply won't try to get more than 8 volatiles (there's no shortage, it just has a demand of 8 instead of 10). Is that intentional?

EchoMaker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.2.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #2149 on: November 10, 2023, 05:08:48 PM »

Hi Everyone! :)

New starsector player here. Absolutely love the mod, it's so good! I have been trying to create the perfect star-system, and would love to include one of those fancy Artillery station for maximum shenanigans, but I'm having trouble spawning them. The old code doesn't seem to work any more:

Quote from: Enzoci on October 15, 2022, 10:17:37 AM
Is it possible to spawn the watchtowers? I'm currently trying to build a custom system, but i have no idea what the command could be.

one watchtower:

SectorEntityToken t = system.addCustomEntity(Misc.genUID(), faction.getDisplayName() + " Watchtower", "IndEvo_Watchtower", faction.getId(), null);
 t.setOrbit(//Your preferred orbit);

magic method to spawn watchtowers in the default locations like they usually do:

IndEvo_ArtilleryStationPlacer.placeWatchtowers(starsystem, factionID);

runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.derelicts.IndEvo_ArtilleryStationPlacer.placeWatch towers(Global.getSector().getStarSystem("YOUR_STAR_SYSTEM_NAME"), "FACTION_ID");

The faction ID for the normal watchtowers/artillery station is "IndEvo_derelict".

So anyways, I tried snooping around and jury-riging whatever code I could find on the forums. Came across a nice post about spawning stable locations, and tried implementing that code, with a few variables changed:

runcode SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); 
    StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
    SectorEntityToken _stable = _fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(null, null, "IndEvo_ArtilleryStation", "neutral");
    float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet, _sys.getCenter());
    float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
    float _angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(_sys.getCenter().getLocation(), _fleet.getLocation());
    _stable.setCircularOrbit(_sys.getCenter(), _angle, _orbitRadius, _orbitDays);

And it almost works! Spawns the entity in the correct place, but game crashes immediately 2 seconds afterwards, when I click on it with the error code: Fatal:null. When checking the starsector.log file, it tells me the following:

at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.adjustTerrain Range(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:462)
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.matchTerrainR ange(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:445)
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.advance(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could any of you coding geniuses enlighten me of my error? Or perhaps a command for spawning the artillery station + watchtowers? That would be super duper dope. Hoping for any replies :)

Once more, many thanks for the splendid mod, it's a blast!

I have good news!  No idea if you're still around but I found the code to spawn a watchtower where your fleet is located :)

Your code almost worked.  It just needed a different set of properties in the addCustomEntity function.  I took them from the actual spawn script in the mods source files.  You will need to capture the watch tower after spawning it though

Code
runcode SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); 
    StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
    SectorEntityToken _stable = _fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.genUID(), "Watchtower", "IndEvo_Watchtower", "IndEvo_derelict",null);
    float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet, _sys.getCenter());
    float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
    float _angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(_sys.getCenter().getLocation(), _fleet.getLocation());
    _stable.setCircularOrbit(_sys.getCenter(), _angle, _orbitRadius, _orbitDays);

Did some digging with this, and it spawns watchtowers, but that ain't much without the actual station haven't found a way to raw spawn them in because I think they function just like orbital station and therefore need a planet to work, so the workaround I have is to add the artillery condition to whatever planet you want.

AddCondition IndEvo_ArtilleryStationCondition
also, if you want to a minefield
AddCondtion IndEvo_mineFieldCondition

The42ndGecko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: November 12, 2023, 09:10:07 AM »

Hi, I just wanted to ask what kinda third industry you guys tend to put on a rural polity? I built Farming and Light Industry cause those seemed to be the "these are what you pick Rural Polity for", but I'm uncertain as to the third? I thought maybe Commerce?

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: November 13, 2023, 09:00:14 PM »

Hotfix version `wisp001`. Distributed with permission.

- Fixed crash when using Monastic Order.
- Fixed crash when pets died in storage.
- Fixed potential crash on starting new game (rare/unconfirmed).
- Fixed Monastic Order tithe intel not displaying items.

https://github.com/wispborne/Industrial.Evolution/releases/download/3.3.c-wisp001/Industrial.Evolution.zip

-----------

This is only a bandaid for crashes :)
Other bugs that aren't gamebreaking will have to wait for an official release.
If there are more crashes from IndEvo, please let me know (DM on forum or ping on Discord has highest chance of me seeing it).
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Flyswatter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 19, 2023, 03:26:02 AM »

A week ago I had the bug caused by the monastic order that crashed my game. I got this bit of the log following the crash that I hope helps:

16105080 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.createEmptyVariant(Unknown Source)
    at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.creat eAndPrepareMember(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:181)
    at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.repor tEconomyTick(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:142)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:118)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
    at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Changing the governance type (to pop&infrastructure, which I later changed to an arcology) seemed to fix the issue. however, I keep getting monthly popups on how my monastic order keeps giving tithes, although I don't think I've gotten any new ship since I changed the governance type.

ExecCrawfish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 19, 2023, 06:18:06 PM »

I'm getting a different CTD with 3.3c; right-clicking pets in cargo doesn't give a window or dialog, and on reloading a save after right-clicking a pet, I get this.

299082 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.show(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at indevo.industries.petshop.item.PetItemPlugin$1.advance(PetItemPlugin.java:201)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.L.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g$Oo.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.g.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.E.I.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 20, 2023, 08:45:11 AM »

Seems to be a crash if TASC's Chameleon building is built on a Monastic order.
Spoiler
java.lang.StackOverflowError
   at org.json.JSONObject.getJSONObject(JSONObject.java:500)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.rpg.Person.isDefault(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.getAdmin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.getAdmin(Unknown Source)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.getLu ddicPathMarketInterest(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:288)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.getPa therInterest(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:281)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.SwitchablePopulation.getPather Interest(SwitchablePopulation.java:246)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_CHAMELEON.getPatherInterest(Boggled_CHAMELEON.java:295)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.getLu ddicPathMarketInterest(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:295)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.getPa therInterest(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:281)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.SwitchablePopulation.getPather Interest(SwitchablePopulation.java:246)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_CHAMELEON.getPatherInterest(Boggled_CHAMELEON.java:295)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.getLu ddicPathMarketInterest(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:295)
[close]

Jang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: November 25, 2023, 05:28:02 PM »

I'm using the latest hotfix (version 'wisp001') and artillery stations still spawn in new games when Spawn Artillery Stations is set to False and Spawn Chance is set to 0 in LunaSettings.

Excel.exe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: November 25, 2023, 07:46:26 PM »

I'm using the latest hotfix (version 'wisp001') and artillery stations still spawn in new games when Spawn Artillery Stations is set to False and Spawn Chance is set to 0 in LunaSettings.

yeah changing the Lunalib settings didn't work for me either, I had to do it the old fashioned way and change it in the files from true to false instead

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: November 25, 2023, 08:14:52 PM »

Hotfix wisp002

- Fixed crash when pet is broken and right-clicking it crashes the game. (did not fix pet getting broken)
- Fixed crash when building TASC Chameleon on Monastic Order.

Did not test anything, wouldn't be able to reproduce the first and no time right now to test the second, gotta head out. Just gonna fling this over the wall and hope.

https://github.com/wispborne/Industrial.Evolution/releases/download/3.3.c-wisp002/Industrial.Evolution.zip

-----------

A week ago I had the bug caused by the monastic order that crashed my game. I got this bit of the log following the crash that I hope helps:

16105080 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
<snip>

This looks like it should be fixed by my hotfix update just above. Lemme know if you're already running that.

I'm getting a different CTD with 3.3c; right-clicking pets in cargo doesn't give a window or dialog, and on reloading a save after right-clicking a pet, I get this.
299082 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.show(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at indevo.industries.petshop.item.PetItemPlugin$1.advance(PetItemPlugin.java:201)
<snip>

Figuring out the root cause is more than I want to do, but I can stop that specific crash. I'll leave notes for SirHartley so he'll know where I applied the band-aid.

Seems to be a crash if TASC's Chameleon building is built on a Monastic order.

Straightforward, albeit dirty, fix - I'll just exclude that building from the pather interest calculation. Might fudge up some numbers but it shouldn't crash!

Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Spoofite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: November 29, 2023, 05:26:35 PM »

Hi, I just wanted to ask what kinda third industry you guys tend to put on a rural polity? I built Farming and Light Industry cause those seemed to be the "these are what you pick Rural Polity for", but I'm uncertain as to the third? I thought maybe Commerce?
Mining usually.

Spoofite

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: November 29, 2023, 05:28:16 PM »

So i installed a Fusion Lamp on a Hidden Arcology and discovered it gets stuck with a 10% Insufficient Volatiles Hazard malus because it simply won't try to get more than 8 volatiles (there's no shortage, it just has a demand of 8 instead of 10). Is that intentional?
I had the same problem setting it to use the stockpile with a waystation works albeit at the higher upkeep cost.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 157