Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267154 times)

muratira

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #2070 on: September 02, 2023, 07:35:39 AM »

So, this is the first time I've started using the monastic orders (I Just thought the stability hit was not worth it) as a test and after generating two batches of tithe they consistently crash my game. It seems to be tied to the tithe. Any help would be appreciated.

268536 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.setHullSpec(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.createEmptyVariant(Unknown Source)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.creat eAndPrepareMember(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:181)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.repor tEconomyTick(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:142)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:118)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Shady_AL

• Ensign
  • Please be patient I'm slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: September 03, 2023, 03:24:10 AM »

What are the requirements for Hidden Arcology? It says: Can not be built here.
Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]

Matthew_Collins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: September 03, 2023, 01:43:40 PM »

So, this is the first time I've started using the monastic orders (I Just thought the stability hit was not worth it) as a test and after generating two batches of tithe they consistently crash my game. It seems to be tied to the tithe. Any help would be appreciated.

268536 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.createEmptyVariant(Unknown Source)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.creat eAndPrepareMember(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:181)
   at indevo.industries.changeling.industry.population.MonasticOrderSubIndustry.repor tEconomyTick(MonasticOrderSubIndustry.java:142)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:118)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)

+1 to this, Monastic Order is giving me some trouble as well, hope I didn't accidentally screwed something up lmao.

I assume my mans is already hard at work stamping it out.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: September 03, 2023, 02:43:02 PM »

Screenshots:
Spoiler

[close]
Same problem here, the only similarity between our 2 planets is the extreme heat, if that is the reason and its intended that it's blocked that would SUCK because I was relying on that specifically for that situation for my faction build, plus roleplay.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 02:55:16 PM by JenkoRun »

Nimiety

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: September 04, 2023, 02:47:40 AM »

Hidden Arcology doesn't seem to protect from temperature and might not affect radiation, that's probably the reason. I built one on my cold planet thinking the same thing but all it did was negate Toxic Atmosphere.

Found a bug with pet centers, by the way! You can access them remotely from anywhere by going through the Command/Colonies tab.

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: September 04, 2023, 08:43:57 AM »

Is there any plan to add a more Hegemony and/or Independent-flavored Colony Government type? The current ones seem to all be Luddic, TT and pirate-themed.

Dasher

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: September 04, 2023, 09:33:13 PM »

Question for yall. What industries are considered rural for the rural governance type? im struggling to find anything for it and I wanna love it but rn I feel like that governance type is lacking.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: September 05, 2023, 07:55:02 AM »

Does The animal market supposed to stay even the animal center gets demolished?

rtp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: September 05, 2023, 08:57:28 AM »

Do found VPC essentially eat up a special item slot in, say, ruins?

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: September 05, 2023, 10:51:39 AM »

Phew, quite a few questions here ever since my soul got stolen by Baldurs Gate. I'll get around to patching everything as soon as possible - sorry for the issues everyone is experiencing!

So kinda going through possible candidates now, does this make the AI build Planetary Shields after you get them?
Nope.

Anyway, planning to houserule "moving" some of the unique industries from this via console commands to different planets, kinda wondering what you would consider a fair "price" for doing so.
Difficult to answer, because their intentionally bad location is part of the cost of opportunity of using them. Ruins are OP, they can add 3 free S-Mods to your ships and duplicate them, so the only way to balance them is to make it as annoying as possible to get a full set - their location and distribution is an integral part of that. A credit cost, which is an infinite resource and a one-time-expense, can never balance that.

Hi, I had some more ideas.
[Spawn Fleets from Industries]
Hi, thank you so much for your input! I'll see what I can do, seems like you'd like to see some more immersive stuff about the buildings. Fleets are heavy on processing power, but I might be able to cheat a bit.

Bug report: Setting Artillery to false in LunaLib has no effect, changes only take effect if manually setting it in the config, tested between new saves.
[And Minefields]
It's a known issue, thank you for the report. I'll add it to the TODO.

Artillery stations are too well protected. I mean, I already surrendered to idea of some imbalanced horror in an empty space with nothing to defend, but why give them a whole domain flotilla?
Setting Artillery to false in LunaLib has no effect

Exactly why I'm complaining here, I was offended for nothing! Hope author can live well with their strong bones, weighs less than 200 kg and takes shower from time to time.

I mean, this mod is still fantastically good.
Showering is for people that have a life, I just roll in some dirt and wobble on, like most of y'all.

Screenshots:
Probably bugged. I'll take a look, thank you!

Is there any plan to add a more Hegemony and/or Independent-flavored Colony Government type? The current ones seem to all be Luddic, TT and pirate-themed.
Sure! Main issue is their effects, where I am out of ideas, as usual. Theme is much, much easier. Thanks for the feedback!

Question for yall. What industries are considered rural for the rural governance type? im struggling to find anything for it and I wanna love it but rn I feel like that governance type is lacking.
It'll tell you in the build list, just under the name (Says "Type: Rural")

Does The animal market supposed to stay even the animal center gets demolished?
Nope. On the list it goes. Thanks for the report!

Do found VPC essentially eat up a special item slot in, say, ruins?
Once again, no. This mod uses scripted drops, which means that EVERYTHING it adds is ADD ON. It does not replace or influence vanilla drops in any way. If you get no pristine forges, that's your bad luck, not my mod~

Axelord

• Ensign
  • Murderhobo In Space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: September 05, 2023, 05:18:49 PM »

+1 to this, Monastic Order is giving me some trouble as well, hope I didn't accidentally screwed something up lmao.

I assume my mans is already hard at work stamping it out.

+2 now. Log is pretty much the exact same. Tried a few workarounds, but gave up.
High Alpha Best Alpha - Can't die if all your enemies die in one salvo, and damn the poor tech who had his hand on a power conduit at that moment.

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: September 06, 2023, 04:07:42 AM »

Sure! Main issue is their effects, where I am out of ideas, as usual. Theme is much, much easier. Thanks for the feedback!
Hmm, what about a Military Administration government that increases spawned fleet size and planetary stability, but either makes all non-military/heavy industry buildings require an additional commodity in upkeep or flat-out "taxes" income by a set percentage?

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: September 06, 2023, 05:01:13 AM »

Hmm, what about a Military Administration government that increases spawned fleet size and planetary stability, but either makes all non-military/heavy industry buildings require an additional commodity in upkeep or flat-out "taxes" income by a set percentage?
That's a cool idea, think it should provide buffs if the planet has hot or extreme heat like the cryo engine?

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: September 06, 2023, 05:24:37 AM »

That's a cool idea, think it should provide buffs if the planet has hot or extreme heat like the cryo engine?

Not really - the cryoarithmetic engine is a relatively rare pre-Collapse piece of tech, and many existing Hegemony (or even other vanilla faction) military bases aren't on Hot/Very Hot worlds precisely because they don't have one. It'd already be a strong combo to put a Military Administration government type on a Very Hot world with a cryo engine, no need to make it too OP.

Axelord

• Ensign
  • Murderhobo In Space
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: September 06, 2023, 07:49:14 AM »

How about a type of infrastructure that further boost production of industries the less industries there are. Size five colony with ONLY farming on it? +25% or something. Two industries? +10% Three: -20% Four: -40%

EDIT: Following the issue I had with the monastic order, I changed it to to hidden arcology before it was locked in, so that fixed the CTD, but... I'm still receiving tithes on that world, months later.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:13:09 AM by Axelord »
High Alpha Best Alpha - Can't die if all your enemies die in one salvo, and damn the poor tech who had his hand on a power conduit at that moment.
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 157