Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267147 times)

XazoTak

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.a - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #2010 on: August 10, 2023, 10:56:02 PM »

Pets just feel too impractical. Like, I can accept them having negligible benefit and like the idea of them just being the vanity of your captain and crew, but as it stands their logistical demands feel too high to even keep them around for flavour:
  • The sensibly-priced food options can only be bought from a few planets even though it's just food
  • Even a single animal goes that food pretty fast despite being only a single animal, so you need to pack a lot for long exploration missions where your cargo space may already be strained
  • You still need to manage their food even when the ship they're on is in storage, which is a big problem to deal with
  • Pets can die oddly quickly for no reason, making it pointless to even bother dealing with them since you're just going to lose them almost immediately

It would be a *huge* improvement if pet food was simply scrapped from the mod, and caring for pets became a simple credit cost like crew and officer wages.
You could even add more personality and flair to the mod if the costs for each pet on the income screen were broken down into funny subcategories that vary from pet to pet.
e.g. one of those leopard-type ones might be something like this:
Food expenses: 150c
Salon fees: 200c
Treating crew injuries from petting: 50c

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: August 11, 2023, 03:13:34 AM »

Strange. When i'm destroying artillery stations, they don't seem to blow up after I win the battle. Trying to settle on the planet afterwards immediately crashes the game. Possible mod conflict? I'll try with just ind evo alone and see if it still persists
Same problem here with the station.
Sorry to pile onto the Artillery Station train, but I've noticed I can fight the things twice if I engage the actual station first, then visit the planet. Great for loot, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's unintended.
Yeeeah, I was really hoping I had fixed that, but apparently not. Since I now have a save file and modlist to replicate the problem thanks to Hegemont, it's a matter of time before I can address it - since it seems to be a mod conflict.

Pets just feel too impractical. Like, I can accept them having negligible benefit and like the idea of them just being the vanity of your captain and crew, but as it stands their logistical demands feel too high to even keep them around for flavour:
  • The sensibly-priced food options can only be bought from a few planets even though it's just food
  • Even a single animal goes that food pretty fast despite being only a single animal, so you need to pack a lot for long exploration missions where your cargo space may already be strained
  • You still need to manage their food even when the ship they're on is in storage, which is a big problem to deal with
  • Pets can die oddly quickly for no reason, making it pointless to even bother dealing with them since you're just going to lose them almost immediately

It would be a *huge* improvement if pet food was simply scrapped from the mod, and caring for pets became a simple credit cost like crew and officer wages.
You could even add more personality and flair to the mod if the costs for each pet on the income screen were broken down into funny subcategories that vary from pet to pet.
e.g. one of those leopard-type ones might be something like this:
Food expenses: 150c
Salon fees: 200c
Treating crew injuries from petting: 50c
Thank you for the great feedback. You are mentioning points that I was afraid of, and since my runs never last very long (I get distracted by stuff I want to mod in after a cycle at most) the lifetimes felt okay.

Since this is not the first time I've been told that they die too soon, most lifespans will be drastically increased with the next patch.
I haven't heard about the food issue yet, but it's something I can see happening. Your proposed solution is very good as well. It might become a toggle with the credits as default, or be scrapped entirely, we'll see.

Smilein

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: August 11, 2023, 07:43:44 AM »

Hello, the refining specializations dont seem to show up in the colony screen when I switch to them, but the refinery itself is still there and working fine, like the picture is just missing. Ore ones show up and work fine. I have Better Colonies and TASM if it's relevant.

EDIT: adding to the guy below, none of the ship components too from Heavy.

EDIT2: i colonized another world and changed the pop to rural population. switching my mining to organics made it disappear. reloaded and did it w/o rural pop and mining worked fine. changing pop to anything while mining is specialized makes it disappear. the mining still works but ofc i cant click on it or anything now.

EDIT3: i colonized a 3rd world (water world) and refining specialization works fine??? but it didnt in my first world? maybe its related to my first world being the nexerelin faction starting world. although like w/ mining it still disappears if i change the population.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 10:01:12 PM by Smilein »

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: August 11, 2023, 10:00:30 AM »

Guys im tryna confirm if its just me or if its my mod collection but any new orbital works/heavy industries dont seem to be producing ship components?

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: August 11, 2023, 08:11:00 PM »

Is there an in depth list as to what loot drops this mod adds and what they do? While in settings customizing the mod I noticed that several industries/derelict settings advised their associated drops be disabled as well, without clarifying which drops in particular they meant in some cases. I'm particularly interested in disabling drops related to derelict stations/ruined infrastructure/salvage interactions as I'm not a big fan of the power creep these elements provide.

Other than that the mod is excellent, albeit a bit unwieldy with how many features it has. While I understand this being a reach at best, I wish it was divided into several components similar to Ashes of the Domain so that it would be easier for players to choose which parts of the mod they want to use.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 08:17:11 PM by Lycaon »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: August 12, 2023, 03:16:48 AM »

Hello, the refining specializations dont seem to show up in the colony screen when I switch to them, but the refinery itself is still there and working fine, like the picture is just missing. Ore ones show up and work fine. I have Better Colonies and TASM if it's relevant.

EDIT: adding to the guy below, none of the ship components too from Heavy.

EDIT2: i colonized another world and changed the pop to rural population. switching my mining to organics made it disappear. reloaded and did it w/o rural pop and mining worked fine. changing pop to anything while mining is specialized makes it disappear. the mining still works but ofc i cant click on it or anything now.

EDIT3: i colonized a 3rd world (water world) and refining specialization works fine??? but it didnt in my first world? maybe its related to my first world being the nexerelin faction starting world. although like w/ mining it still disappears if i change the population.
The vanishing industries is a cross mod bug with grand colonies, I'm working on it.

Guys im tryna confirm if its just me or if its my mod collection but any new orbital works/heavy industries dont seem to be producing ship components?
Thanks for the report, I'll check it out.

Is there an in depth list as to what loot drops this mod adds and what they do? While in settings customizing the mod I noticed that several industries/derelict settings advised their associated drops be disabled as well, without clarifying which drops in particular they meant in some cases. I'm particularly interested in disabling drops related to derelict stations/ruined infrastructure/salvage interactions as I'm not a big fan of the power creep these elements provide.
There's a few kinds
- Industry Items (VPCs, Hypertransmitters ect...) which do stuff with their respective industries
- Forge Templates, which are exploration content for the derelict industries
- Consumables, which are... consumable items.
- Pets, which are just that
- Relic Components, which serve as a combat-only currency for mod features
- Ship components, which have distributed use throughout the mod but are mostly there to allow for local ship quality reduction through trade fleet disruption.

All of these have a use.
If you want to turn off the additional events, there's a setting for that.

Other than that the mod is excellent, albeit a bit unwieldy with how many features it has. While I understand this being a reach at best, I wish it was divided into several components similar to Ashes of the Domain so that it would be easier for players to choose which parts of the mod they want to use.
I can say right now - that's never, ever going to happen. I provide a massive amount of setting letting you customize the mod almost how you please, enabling and disabling features, and add more settings even for older stuff each update. There is no reason for me to split it, it would just confuse others ("I thought X was in module Y!") and increase upkeep workload on me.

For each person that wants a super modpack, there's one that wants each mod have one micro-feature and nothing else. Can't have the cake and eat it too, sadly.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: August 12, 2023, 09:18:31 AM »

I can say right now - that's never, ever going to happen. I provide a massive amount of setting letting you customize the mod almost how you please, enabling and disabling features, and add more settings even for older stuff each update. There is no reason for me to split it, it would just confuse others ("I thought X was in module Y!") and increase upkeep workload on me.

For each person that wants a super modpack, there's one that wants each mod have one micro-feature and nothing else. Can't have the cake and eat it too, sadly.

The new in game config editing capabilities with lunalib should help with some of this somewhat. little more obvious there's lots of things you can change and they're all packaged nicely in a UI.

Jack Ardan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: August 12, 2023, 12:18:09 PM »

WE GOT AN UPDATE!!

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: August 12, 2023, 01:48:06 PM »

Yeah I'd prefer a good Lunalib config menu that lets me pick and choose vs having a bunch of sub-mods that let me pick and choose. It's more convenient and I can edit it in-game which makes things nice and easy too.

Lycaeon

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: August 12, 2023, 05:41:28 PM »

The new in game config editing capabilities with lunalib should help with some of this somewhat. little more obvious there's lots of things you can change and they're all packaged nicely in a UI.

I guess my only issue with lunalib is that it doesn't cover certain elements such as drops. For example, if you turn off Variable Production structures in Lunalib that doesn't disable VPC's from dropping. Hypertransmitters and Forge Templates are other examples of drops that aren't disabled with their respective industries. You need to go to the drop settings file and remove their entries directly, but without a good understanding of the mod it's tough to figure out what needs to be changed where.

Bug (?) reports regarding Lunalib. I wasn't planning on using Lunalib for any mod other than the ones that absolutely require it but since IndEvo has integration I tried some things out and obeserved the following:
 Menu features seem to be cancelled by the settings file (i.e if Artillery is TRUE in settings file and disabled in Lunalib is will still be active when starting a new game). While I personally prefer settings files anyways this likely makes the menu integration pointless for players that do want to use it.
 Pets can be disabled in the settings file but there is no button for disabling them in Lunalib (assuming the button would work).

Has this been fixed yet by any chance?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2023, 06:09:36 PM by Lycaon »

Haxmax

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: August 13, 2023, 07:36:25 AM »

Greetings fellow pilots,

i got a small issue, that kills my game.

whenever a pet dies, it crashes and gives me the following log entry:

427566 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at indevo.industries.petshop.listener.PetStatusManager.reportPetDied(PetStatusManager.java:177)
   at indevo.industries.petshop.memory.Pet.advance(Pet.java:127)
   at indevo.industries.petshop.listener.PetStatusManager.advance(PetStatusManager.java:95)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

i am pretty sure it is directly linked to the pet, euthanizing before the normal age death does the same, turning it off in settings doesnt work as well as putting them into the storage and then deleting the building in colonie managment.

Does someone has an idea how to solve that, it is a pretty good run and therefor would be a shame to restart. Still i have NewGame Plus installed, that would soften the blow in that case...

my mod list:

fleethistory
industrial-evo 3.3a
LazyLib
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
Nexerelin
Unofficial New Game Plus

(pretty sad, that diable is not up to date...)

other than that, pretty good and solid mod.

Thanks in advance!

Zerias

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: August 13, 2023, 06:01:36 PM »

Anyone else get softlocked at the pet station around Gilead if they accidentally try to exit the screen using ESC instead of G?
Also, trying to activate a pet while the game is paused doesn't consume the item, allowing as many copies to be assigned as you wish by just going back to the fleet inventory again as long as you don't unpause.
Aside from that, overall a must-have mod, well done and thanks!

DraMaFlo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: August 14, 2023, 02:19:14 AM »

I'm getting an error when trying to colonize a planet with an artillery station
193252 [Thread-4] 193252 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at indevo.industries.artillery.terrain.ArtilleryTerrain.getTerrainName(ArtilleryTerrain.java:48)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.N.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.R.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.z.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.z.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: August 14, 2023, 10:30:02 AM »

Artillery stations do not go inactive when i defeat them, and when i colonized a planet with one above it, the game crashed shortly after.
The arty station seems to just never get defeated on the world map, despite me fighting it twice back-to-back

highIntensityGazer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: August 14, 2023, 02:00:27 PM »

Anyone else get softlocked at the pet station around Gilead if they accidentally try to exit the screen using ESC instead of G?
Also, trying to activate a pet while the game is paused doesn't consume the item, allowing as many copies to be assigned as you wish by just going back to the fleet inventory again as long as you don't unpause.
Aside from that, overall a must-have mod, well done and thanks!

I use ESC regularly and I also am getting softlocked when I use the pet assignment screen, - the one you get when you click "manage pets" in the colony buildings page, and press ESC. This is quite upsetting if you don't save often (rip 45 mins of big trades).
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 157