Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Codex Overhaul (05/11/24)

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1282392 times)

Shazbot!

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.2.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1935 on: July 05, 2023, 04:47:19 PM »

You can get them exploring but they also show up in markets often.  Be sure to check out nexetlin's prism Freeport. 

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: July 08, 2023, 10:45:37 PM »

Hi Everyone! :)

New starsector player here. Absolutely love the mod, it's so good! I have been trying to create the perfect star-system, and would love to include one of those fancy Artillery station for maximum shenanigans, but I'm having trouble spawning them. The old code doesn't seem to work any more:

Quote from: Enzoci on October 15, 2022, 10:17:37 AM
Is it possible to spawn the watchtowers? I'm currently trying to build a custom system, but i have no idea what the command could be.

one watchtower:

SectorEntityToken t = system.addCustomEntity(Misc.genUID(), faction.getDisplayName() + " Watchtower", "IndEvo_Watchtower", faction.getId(), null);
 t.setOrbit(//Your preferred orbit);

magic method to spawn watchtowers in the default locations like they usually do:

IndEvo_ArtilleryStationPlacer.placeWatchtowers(starsystem, factionID);

runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.derelicts.IndEvo_ArtilleryStationPlacer.placeWatch towers(Global.getSector().getStarSystem("YOUR_STAR_SYSTEM_NAME"), "FACTION_ID");

The faction ID for the normal watchtowers/artillery station is "IndEvo_derelict".

So anyways, I tried snooping around and jury-riging whatever code I could find on the forums. Came across a nice post about spawning stable locations, and tried implementing that code, with a few variables changed:

runcode SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); 
    StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
    SectorEntityToken _stable = _fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(null, null, "IndEvo_ArtilleryStation", "neutral");
    float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet, _sys.getCenter());
    float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
    float _angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(_sys.getCenter().getLocation(), _fleet.getLocation());
    _stable.setCircularOrbit(_sys.getCenter(), _angle, _orbitRadius, _orbitDays);

And it almost works! Spawns the entity in the correct place, but game crashes immediately 2 seconds afterwards, when I click on it with the error code: Fatal:null. When checking the starsector.log file, it tells me the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.adjustTerrain Range(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:462)
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.matchTerrainR ange(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:445)
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.advance(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could any of you coding geniuses enlighten me of my error? Or perhaps a command for spawning the artillery station + watchtowers? That would be super duper dope. Hoping for any replies :)

Once more, many thanks for the splendid mod, it's a blast!

I have good news!  No idea if you're still around but I found the code to spawn a watchtower where your fleet is located :)

Your code almost worked.  It just needed a different set of properties in the addCustomEntity function.  I took them from the actual spawn script in the mods source files.  You will need to capture the watch tower after spawning it though

Code
runcode SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); 
    StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
    SectorEntityToken _stable = _fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.genUID(), "Watchtower", "IndEvo_Watchtower", "IndEvo_derelict",null);
    float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet, _sys.getCenter());
    float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
    float _angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(_sys.getCenter().getLocation(), _fleet.getLocation());
    _stable.setCircularOrbit(_sys.getCenter(), _angle, _orbitRadius, _orbitDays);

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: July 15, 2023, 12:24:59 PM »

I yearn to have Ind-Evo in my modlist once more, i'm sorely missing the exploration additions and buildings (academy my beloved)

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: July 15, 2023, 12:43:43 PM »

I yearn to have Ind-Evo in my modlist once more, i'm sorely missing the exploration additions and buildings (academy my beloved)

Then use the bootleg? There's a link in the comments here

Azrathud

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: July 16, 2023, 02:52:23 AM »

I'm hoping relic components can be resemblance to make early game harder. Right now It provides way too much money early game

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: July 16, 2023, 03:29:50 AM »

relic components are not intended to be sold. If you do that, it's on you; you barely get enough to do all the stuff they are used for - I think they are in a good place.

Light Dimf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: July 17, 2023, 12:44:14 PM »

Would be nice to be able to buy that relic components from friendly remnants with Nexerelin, tho.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: July 20, 2023, 05:50:50 PM »

How functional/crash prone is it?

CecilArongo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: July 21, 2023, 06:43:49 AM »

It mostly works, the only issue I've encountered is what others have reported with artillery stations not dying correctly.

GTAVC

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: July 22, 2023, 01:04:43 AM »

Just a little PSA for the bootleg version ragarding Artillery Stations:

There is a fix for that, you can disable Artillery Stations for new games by changing the config.

\mods\Industrial.Evolution3.2.c\data\config\settings.json

Starting at row 51 #General Artillery
Simply set
"Enable_IndEvo_Artillery": True
to
"Enable_IndEvo_Artillery": False

And now no Artillery stations should be spawned when starting a new game.

However, I've noticed that some modded factions will still spawn them when launching the game with Industrial Evoloution.
Currently I know about Tahlan Shipworks' Legio Infernalis' Homesystem that still has them.

Selfcontrol

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: July 22, 2023, 06:57:14 AM »

It mostly works, the only issue I've encountered is what others have reported with artillery stations not dying correctly.

Also using the bootleg version and this issue is not consistent. First time I used the mod, artillery stations wouldn't die correctly, but now, they do die and I don't have to use the kill command anymore. Weird.

In short : the mod works 99% of the time, sometimes even 100%. I've never had any crash.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: July 22, 2023, 08:28:56 AM »

Yeah, I am having a hard time figuring out where its coming from and can't check if I fixed it cause I couldn't replicate it, but it's maybe??? fixed in dev. Maybe.

ThatOneGuyAce

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: July 22, 2023, 09:03:11 AM »

Hey completely new to everything in front of me (Still new to Starsector, PC, and modding any game whatsoever) and i only ask when this mod will be updated to .96 because I don't know where else to look for announcements on mods. Hate to make you feel rushed but would you mind telling me when you think this mod will be updated? Thanks for all the hard work you've done for this community :)

ZeroXSEED

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: July 24, 2023, 06:27:19 AM »

> Artillery was bugged to hell
> Insult people for disabling it anyway
Other than that small ego trip, great mod as always. Patiently waiting for proper updates.

dro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: July 24, 2023, 10:29:39 AM »

> Artillery was bugged to hell
> Insult people for disabling it anyway
Other than that small ego trip, great mod as always. Patiently waiting for proper updates.

I don't see where he insulted anyone in any kind or shape.

As a software developer myself, I can only say: even if he insulted you, hunting down bugs is an extremely stressful job - especially if you can't reproduce it - and this guy gets bombarded with "when is update hurr durr" questions on a daily basis.

I am sorry you feel that way, but this guy doesn't even get paid for his hard work. It is obviously his hobby. So:
1) Chill
2) If you don't have anything supportive to say, don't say it.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 157