Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267054 times)

bigmealsushi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.2.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1830 on: April 01, 2023, 07:44:48 AM »

Anyone know what kind of error is this?
ava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: indevo/exploration/minefields/MineBeltTerrainPlugin
it seem to be related to industrial evolution so im asking
(For context i ran into this error after finishing setting up for my new playthrough)

bigmealsushi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: April 01, 2023, 08:02:43 AM »

Anyone know what kind of error is this?
ava.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: indevo/exploration/minefields/MineBeltTerrainPlugin
it seem to be related to industrial evolution so im asking
(For context i ran into this error after finishing setting up for my new playthrough)
Ok nevermind i found the reason why, it was because i was still using the old tahlan version (idk how i forgot i to update to the latest beta one despite the fact that i got it downloaded hours ago)

Directive7Initiative

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: April 01, 2023, 01:22:46 PM »

Are there any console commands to spawn arti stations in? Indevo_spawnStation only seems to work for civ stations [research/mining/etc]

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: April 02, 2023, 12:03:33 AM »

That's kind of chilling to think about. To think, it may have nearly all began from a couple production chips. For some reason I can't help but have that sit with me for a bit.
"Greater things oft emerge out of meager things."

There is truth to that saying. The universe was birthed from a single speck, a spot so infinitesimally small it might have been zero.

It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

Iriscoral

• Lieutenant
  • Defiance against the violent enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: April 04, 2023, 05:15:50 AM »

Sir Hartley, I know its been months since I mentioned my frustration with the (SPOILER) in Discord, but better late than never, right?

So here are my complaints and suggestions:

Spoiler

So, the biggest complaint I have with the Automated Shipyard is that, simply put, it just doesn't really have a reward or impact in comparison to its existence and relative importance. The fundamental issue is that for all that work, just having a ship randomizer on demand is incredibly underwhelming, which is not helped by how brutal that randomizer is. Its like, to use a term, running down a gacha and not getting what you want until one hits pity. But even then, with such an imposing structure attached to the side of a star, you would expect to have an impact akin to the Coronal Hypershunt. In fact, I actually set up my base of operations in a 12 year radius around the Forge, hoping to bank off any effects similar to the Hypershunt. To say that my disappointment was immeasurable would be an understatement.

So, what do I suggest?

- Firstly, adding on a colony-related effect to the forge. I'm aware that yes, the Coronal Hypershunt itself is considered relatively underwhelming, as 5 colonies on a planet isn't much once you cross the endgame barrier to be able to contest the Hypershunt itself, and even that is an already powerful effect. What I'm proposing, as such, is either the improvement to colony fleets (allowing larger fleets, or more ships with good build-ins), or perhaps cheapening the cost of building new industries. Another would be to increase the total order capacity per month for the nearest colony, although that might go against the spirit of the concept. Perhaps, with Nexerelin integration, have it increase the fleet request budget, or improve the ships called in Grand Invasion/Defense Fleets.

- Second, some level of uniqueness. Currently, the system behind the Automated Shipyard are the same as the event that most people encounter on exploration, just with the ability to add Relic Components/Ship Components for better results. Adding either more unique, powerful built-in hullmods to ships that are generated by the shipyard, or better yet, unique, rare ships that only pop out at a certain level of investment, would certainly make the project more enticing to complete for players meeting it for a second time.

- Thirdly, reducing the randomness of the event itself. Make it a more curated experience, allowing players to select and focus specific types of ships that they want, which would increase ones' willingness to go back and slot in unwanted vessels.
[close]

So that's what I mainly have atm. I'll try and think of more options I can offer.
Translator and (wannabe) game dev.
Currently curates the CN mod repo.

Mods maintained:
Polaris
ICE
FSF
Traverser

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: April 06, 2023, 06:32:22 AM »

So, the biggest complaint I have with the Automated Shipyard is that, simply put, it just doesn't really have a reward or impact in comparison to its existence and relative importance. The fundamental issue is that for all that work, just having a ship randomizer on demand is incredibly underwhelming, which is not helped by how brutal that randomizer is. Its like, to use a term, running down a gacha and not getting what you want until one hits pity. But even then, with such an imposing structure attached to the side of a star, you would expect to have an impact akin to the Coronal Hypershunt. In fact, I actually set up my base of operations in a 12 year radius around the Forge, hoping to bank off any effects similar to the Hypershunt. To say that my disappointment was immeasurable would be an understatement.

So, what do I suggest?

- Firstly, adding on a colony-related effect to the forge. I'm aware that yes, the Coronal Hypershunt itself is considered relatively underwhelming, as 5 colonies on a planet isn't much once you cross the endgame barrier to be able to contest the Hypershunt itself, and even that is an already powerful effect. What I'm proposing, as such, is either the improvement to colony fleets (allowing larger fleets, or more ships with good build-ins), or perhaps cheapening the cost of building new industries. Another would be to increase the total order capacity per month for the nearest colony, although that might go against the spirit of the concept. Perhaps, with Nexerelin integration, have it increase the fleet request budget, or improve the ships called in Grand Invasion/Defense Fleets.

- Second, some level of uniqueness. Currently, the system behind the Automated Shipyard are the same as the event that most people encounter on exploration, just with the ability to add Relic Components/Ship Components for better results. Adding either more unique, powerful built-in hullmods to ships that are generated by the shipyard, or better yet, unique, rare ships that only pop out at a certain level of investment, would certainly make the project more enticing to complete for players meeting it for a second time.

- Thirdly, reducing the randomness of the event itself. Make it a more curated experience, allowing players to select and focus specific types of ships that they want, which would increase ones' willingness to go back and slot in unwanted vessels.

So that's what I mainly have atm. I'll try and think of more options I can offer.

Those are great ideas and I 100% agree. The automated shipyard is pretty underwhelming as it is

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: April 12, 2023, 05:34:13 PM »

Just git gud with the RNG bros  8) 8) 8)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: April 12, 2023, 05:56:45 PM »

You can also just feed it a bunch of ramparts to get free paragons or something. Works even better with mods that add capital-sized derelicts with rugged constrution.

RoadTrain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: April 16, 2023, 12:21:22 PM »

Hi. I was watching a streamer play starsector with the following modlist, and we stumbled on a bit of an issue in regards to the academy training system.
Spoiler
A New Level (30)
Adjusted Sector
Autosave
Captain's Log
Deluxe Player Flags
Detailed Combat Results
Fleet Action History
Fuel Siphoning
Grand Colonies
Hiver Swarm
Illustrated Entities
Immersion Friendly Portraits
Industrial Evolution
Interesting Portraits
Mayasuran Navy
Nexerelin
Officer Extension
QoL Pack
Roider Union
Terraforming & Station Construction
Star Federation
Unknown Skies
Audio Plus
[close]
You see, streamer put an officer into the galatia academy for training. However, when the officer finished training, we had no way of actually retrieving them, as the option to do so was greyed out. We were able to succesfully train officers/admins at other academies, but the galatia seems broken for us. Is there something we're missing here?

help1234

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: April 17, 2023, 01:33:04 PM »

Hi Everyone! :)

New starsector player here. Absolutely love the mod, it's so good! I have been trying to create the perfect star-system, and would love to include one of those fancy Artillery station for maximum shenanigans, but I'm having trouble spawning them. The old code doesn't seem to work any more:

Quote from: Enzoci on October 15, 2022, 10:17:37 AM
Is it possible to spawn the watchtowers? I'm currently trying to build a custom system, but i have no idea what the command could be.

one watchtower:

SectorEntityToken t = system.addCustomEntity(Misc.genUID(), faction.getDisplayName() + " Watchtower", "IndEvo_Watchtower", faction.getId(), null);
 t.setOrbit(//Your preferred orbit);

magic method to spawn watchtowers in the default locations like they usually do:

IndEvo_ArtilleryStationPlacer.placeWatchtowers(starsystem, factionID);

runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.derelicts.IndEvo_ArtilleryStationPlacer.placeWatch towers(Global.getSector().getStarSystem("YOUR_STAR_SYSTEM_NAME"), "FACTION_ID");

The faction ID for the normal watchtowers/artillery station is "IndEvo_derelict".

So anyways, I tried snooping around and jury-riging whatever code I could find on the forums. Came across a nice post about spawning stable locations, and tried implementing that code, with a few variables changed:

runcode SectorEntityToken _fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); 
    StarSystemAPI _sys = (StarSystemAPI)_fleet.getContainingLocation();
    SectorEntityToken _stable = _fleet.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(null, null, "IndEvo_ArtilleryStation", "neutral");
    float _orbitRadius = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getDistance(_fleet, _sys.getCenter());
    float _orbitDays = _orbitRadius / (20f + new Random().nextFloat() * 5f);
    float _angle = com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAngleInDegrees(_sys.getCenter().getLocation(), _fleet.getLocation());
    _stable.setCircularOrbit(_sys.getCenter(), _angle, _orbitRadius, _orbitDays);

And it almost works! Spawns the entity in the correct place, but game crashes immediately 2 seconds afterwards, when I click on it with the error code: Fatal:null. When checking the starsector.log file, it tells me the following:

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.adjustTerrain Range(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:462)
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.matchTerrainR ange(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:445)
   at indevo.industries.artillery.entities.ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.advance(ArtilleryStationEntityPlugin.java:75)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Could any of you coding geniuses enlighten me of my error? Or perhaps a command for spawning the artillery station + watchtowers? That would be super duper dope. Hoping for any replies :)

Once more, many thanks for the splendid mod, it's a blast!

captinjoehenry

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: April 18, 2023, 06:10:54 PM »

The missiles for the Missile Artillery seem to time out at the default base max range of the artillery no matter what.

I've tried changing the base range in the .ini and that works fine with the railgun and mortar but the missiles still time out.  I've also tried changing the missile duration in the .ini but that seems to have had no impact from changing the value from the default of 10f to 30f.

The marker that shows where the missiles split does show where you would expect for the max range.  Just the missile never arrives seeming to time out before getting that far

Here's an image gallery that helps make it more clear:
https://imgur.com/a/Na4tWuD

Red: Distance artillery missiles time out at all settings.  Including changing IndEvo_Artillery_missile_durationfrom default 10f to 30f
Blue: Mortar max range with default .ini + Story Point and Alpha Core installed
Green: Mortar max range with base range ( IndEvo_Artillery_maxRange ) in .ini increased to 16000f

Image of the markers showing for both the incoming Mortars and missiles.  The mortars arrive fine but the missiles never arrive

Red line showing the approximate line from the artillery to the engagement location

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: April 19, 2023, 10:50:33 AM »

Good day. Please advise on the following questions:
1 How is it possible to capture an artillery (rocket) station? Or are they only meant to be destroyed? Is it possible to drag this station into the system with your colonies?
2 Any plans to make an artifact for Salvage Yards? A lot of buildings from this modification already have interesting artifacts.

robster12344

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: April 24, 2023, 02:13:39 PM »

Anyone got a Discord Link? Can't seem to find a single one that's still active.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: April 26, 2023, 01:26:44 AM »

Since the Tahlan thread is not yet updated, I adjusted my OP. Here we go:

If you use Tahlan Shipworks (and ONLY then) you need this version of Tahlan to avoid a crash: Download

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: April 26, 2023, 02:12:46 AM »

Good day. Please advise on the following questions:
1 How is it possible to capture an artillery (rocket) station? Or are they only meant to be destroyed? Is it possible to drag this station into the system with your colonies?
2 Any plans to make an artifact for Salvage Yards? A lot of buildings from this modification already have interesting artifacts.
You capture it BY destroying it. If you destroy the station, the planet will have a condition allowing you to build one. You can even choose another type.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 157