Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267969 times)

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.2.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1815 on: March 21, 2023, 03:25:08 AM »

I don't understand detachments and joining a fight. When I've joined', they're no where to be seen?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 21, 2023, 01:57:36 PM »

Why does reverse engineering a ship require you to overwrite a BP instead of just creating a new one?  Is this a programming limitation?

I assume it's part limitation, part balance and part lore. It'd be kind of OP if we could stuff one Radiant in there and just immediately get a Radiant BP without any further work.

On the lore side, all of the automated factories everyone uses are hardcoded to only use certain Domain-approved blueprints due to in-universe DRM laws, so it makes sense that the only way we can get working blueprints is by overwriting pre-existing blueprints that were already given the correct data stamps by the old Domain.
Spot on! It's not a programming limitation, it's purely balance and lore.

Ahh ok, thanks!  I was just curious because I'm worried about not having enough blueprints of the appropriate ship size that I don't want to reverse engineer all the ships that I do want.  Is there anyway to get more blueprints once you've scoured the sector?

Aside from trading blueprints at Prism Freeport, there's a WIP mod here on the forums called Chicken's Tech Shop that adds a special store you can unlock that you can buy blueprints and colony items from.

Be advised, though, that in my experience the game prevents you from finding any blueprints or modspecs you've already learned, so you may need to intentionally not learn a few blueprints in order to keep those dropping for usage in engineering labs.

I wonder if there were a way to create blank blueprint templates that couldn't be "learned" but existed solely for reverse engineering?  I realize that this would be really convenient (powerful?) but I think if it were costly enough (maybe in both credits and materials?) it might be ok.

KingTuttPro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 22, 2023, 03:00:34 AM »

@SirHartley, did you get my Private Message in regards to updating the link for the latest beta version (from the Discord) of Tahlan Shipworks?

https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/1085331254012035112

I had to to ask to. Peeps on the discord are generally pretty helpful.

The above link dosent seem to load anything for me just gives me a blank discord can someone let me know if the link still works and its just me or is no longer working.

Thanks

Koranea

• Ensign
  • Like spaceships, anime, tabletop models, DnD.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 23, 2023, 04:09:54 AM »

So.. i got a crash that was in a neutron star system with a missile station in it, it made game lag to point it crashed. Did try to save, but it would'nt let me save either. Error was like permangen.space. I think what the tag was.

Edit: I loaded up save and fly into the system again, but the missile station had changed into a Railgun instead. So i assume its something to do with missile station.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 07:20:06 AM by Koranea »

jimster280

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 25, 2023, 09:38:39 PM »

please update the talon shipworks mod link. neither the one on the front page nor on the prior page before this comment work. thank you.

PipMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 26, 2023, 08:38:38 AM »

please update the talon shipworks mod link. neither the one on the front page nor on the prior page before this comment work. thank you.
That server, which hosted a ton of mods for Starsector, just got taken down a few days ago by a group of modders from these forums. I won't name names because that will just get me banned. It'll be a while before all those mods find a new home. Maybe people will realise how messed up this game's modding scene is.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 26, 2023, 08:52:35 AM »

That server, which hosted a ton of mods for Starsector, just got taken down a few days ago by a group of modders from these forums. I won't name names because that will just get me banned. It'll be a while before all those mods find a new home. Maybe people will realise how messed up this game's modding scene is.
what are you on about
tahlan is hosted on the main unofficial starsector discord which hosts 95% of the mods in the community, and is alive and well. The reason why the link is not working is cause it was updated to beta 6 and I forgot to update the reference.

keep your absolutely idiotic agenda out of my thread.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 09:01:25 AM by SirHartley »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 26, 2023, 09:02:02 AM »

done

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 27, 2023, 07:18:54 PM »

Hey there, out of curiosity... in the hundred plus pages has anyone suggested this one before:

Making Industry subdivisions of Mining for specific resources at a higher return? What I mean is... you still have the Mining industry available and if you take it it's a catchall that mines all appropriate resources, but what if you wanted to exploit a specific resource on that world (say a planet that had a lot of Organics but crappy minerals). You could have four industries that were mutually exclusive with the generalist Mining (as in if you took Mining you couldn't take them on that world but if you took any of them then you couldn't take Mining), and they generally gave a better result than normal mining for that resource (+1/2/3/whatever was balanced to production). You could take all four of these specific Industries if you wanted, but at the cost of taking up all your Industry slots.

I think it'd be an interesting way of customizing your colonies output.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 28, 2023, 01:41:57 AM »

Not a bad idea, tbh. I'll think on how to implement it - likely as an upgrade to the existing mining industry with the option to toggle the output you want via buttons.

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: March 28, 2023, 04:14:38 AM »

I'd like to just stop by and say I've been using this mod since my second successful playthrough, and I wanted to say that this mod is fantastic. I recently updated and found these new towers that are blasting me to bits and it's amazing how much more alive those sectors feel. It gives me the impression that I'm in a boss battle sometimes, I'm surprised by how natural it feels.

I honestly don't think I can play Starsector without this mod, it's that ingrained into my experience. The super ships you can make with the hull forge triangle is insane... And I need to make my evil automated ship empire some way or another. It's just fun.

I was trying to dive into the code for how VPCs are assigned. It looked like you had the foundation for everything being auto generated like the blueprints and forge templates are since you have both a rare and normal empty VPC, but the ones that you find in game are all assigned based on the special items list. Assuming it's not auto-generated.. This made me curious.. Do you have a empty activated picture you can place in the graphics folder so we can edit and add our own VPCs for items like the ones in the Aurora Federation and maintain the same cohesive visual look between newly added and this mod VPCs?
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: March 28, 2023, 08:52:09 AM »

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments :)

As for VPCs - these things were the first I ever made, back when I still had no clue what I was doing.
I was intending to do the "Blueprint thing", but my ability was insufficient and I had to do it the way you see now. The icons you found are remnants of my very first attempts (probably the oldest art in the mod.)

Considering it's been a while, they are probably due a rework to move it to a system that's not quite as, uh, jury-rigged.
I'll see what I can do.

Konturga

• Commander
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: March 28, 2023, 02:25:52 PM »

That's kind of chilling to think about. To think, it may have nearly all began from a couple production chips. For some reason I can't help but have that sit with me for a bit.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: March 29, 2023, 12:04:39 AM »

That's kind of chilling to think about. To think, it may have nearly all began from a couple production chips. For some reason I can't help but have that sit with me for a bit.
"Greater things oft emerge out of meager things."

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: March 30, 2023, 05:29:50 PM »

@SirHartley, did you get my Private Message in regards to updating the link for the latest beta version (from the Discord) of Tahlan Shipworks?

https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/1085331254012035112

I had to to ask to. Peeps on the discord are generally pretty helpful.

The above link dosent seem to load anything for me just gives me a blank discord can someone let me know if the link still works and its just me or is no longer working.

Thanks

Link must of have expired. General rule of thumb is to join the Unofficial Starsector discord. Use the search bar at the top right. Type #mod_updates in said bar. Select the drop down that says #mod_updates then type the name of the mod out. Be warned that not all mods there but when updating or running into broken links it can be a good place to start. Its also generally where you can find betas and pre releases for mods.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 157