Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267846 times)

Crowley_black

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.2.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1800 on: March 07, 2023, 08:12:07 AM »

How do i use the engineering hub? I insert a blueprint in the colony pages,and a alpha core,then i saw theres industrial warehouse that can only put in unuse blueprints,then the fleet tab engineering hub put in ship thing. Its making me dizzy,can someone explain this mechanic to me?
The engineering hub are basically the reverse engineering building, the bp you put in will be rewritten by the bp you reverse engineered. In simple term, put bp in industrial tab, put ships you wanna copy in fleet engineer tab, wait couple days and voila get bp of it!

edit: I forgot to say, it might take a few ships to get the % to 100 and get the bp so unique ships are not recommended to be put in
« Last Edit: March 07, 2023, 10:09:50 AM by Crowley_black »

lol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 08, 2023, 01:40:44 AM »

How do i use the engineering hub? I insert a blueprint in the colony pages,and a alpha core,then i saw theres industrial warehouse that can only put in unuse blueprints,then the fleet tab engineering hub put in ship thing. Its making me dizzy,can someone explain this mechanic to me?
The engineering hub are basically the reverse engineering building, the bp you put in will be rewritten by the bp you reverse engineered. In simple term, put bp in industrial tab, put ships you wanna copy in fleet engineer tab, wait couple days and voila get bp of it!

edit: I forgot to say, it might take a few ships to get the % to 100 and get the bp so unique ships are not recommended to be put in
thanks for info me about this feature,its a headache to see and understand what this might result me.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 08, 2023, 04:36:21 AM »

There's a massive FAQ on the mod page detailing how all this stuff works.

R-ev

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 08, 2023, 05:36:34 PM »

So, I've been playing quite a bit and found a few bugs, mostly in relation to the courier port.

First the courier port, when asked to put all the ships into an engineering hub will do so, regardless of compatibility and seemingly ignore the not whitelisted ships, this goes for all ship related business, including the old stuff (spoiler here) and restoration docks. It's not much an issue for the restoration docks but for the other stuff, it's uhhh .... game breaking.
Spoiler
And especially the hull deconstructor, since you can recursively add S-mods to the ships, until the script doesn't know what mods to add and it crashes hard. That's the last bug I found, which simply is that once you've used up all the mods that the script is willing to add through Forge templates (for now only acheived through this exploit) but might be acheivable with high S-mod ships (I haven't tried with more than 3 S-mods but 5 might still crash on certain ships) the thing is the save is dead once you arrive at that point because the script can't find any mod to add anyways.
[close]

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 13, 2023, 01:27:12 AM »

IndEvo has a funny error if you try to put ruins onto a station:
Code
java.lang.NullPointerException
at indevo.industries.derelicts.utils.RuinsManager.setUpgradeSpec(RuinsManager.java:168)
at indevo.industries.derelicts.conditions.RuinsCondition.apply(RuinsCondition.java:31)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.reapplyConditions(Unknown Source)
at org.lazywizard.console.commands.RemoveCondition.runCommand(RemoveCondition.java:65)
at org.lazywizard.console.Console.runCommand(Console.java:328)
at org.lazywizard.console.Console.parseInput(Console.java:382)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleOverlayInternal.checkInput(ConsoleOverlay.kt:469)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleOverlayInternal.show(ConsoleOverlay.kt:218)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleOverlay.show(ConsoleOverlay.kt:48)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleCampaignListener.processCampaignInputPreCore(ConsolePlugins.kt:19)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.processCampaignInputPreCore(ListenerUtil.java:53)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
From what i can see, it expects to exist on a planet, which can be a wrong assumption in case of Nex or TASC.
I don't even see what can be done in that case. Non-planet system object APIs are entirely useless. I guess technically you should be able to cast everything to SectorEntityToken.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

HopeFall

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 14, 2023, 02:37:46 AM »

Crashing. Even with the Tahlan Beta. Can't start up a new game.

Edit:
This is incompatible for one reason or another with Diktat Enhancement, just Industrial that mod and the updated requirements of other mods confirms this, at least for me. The settings I'm using are Lite and Removed non Diktat features set to true. On further testing, it's the Lite version that's messed up.
Spoiler
803166 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.DE_ModPlugin.initIndEvoChanges(DE_ModPlugin.java:1264)
   at data.scripts.DE_ModPlugin.onNewGameAfterEconomyLoad(DE_ModPlugin.java:1305)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 01:38:34 PM by HopeFall »

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 17, 2023, 09:25:09 AM »

This is such a great mod I'm not sure I'll ever be able to go back to playing without it.

I do have two suggestions: one, can we get an option in Academies to spend story points+credits to level our officers past the maximum level? There are mods that add level 7/8/12 officers that you can theoretically use Take No Prisoners to capture and recruit, but I just want to bring my normal gang of misfits up to par without simply editing some vanilla files. Could work that you select a specific skill you want the officer to learn (to get around the normal levelup screen, which I imagine would be a bit busted trying to go over max level) and leave them there for a few months, the credit cost is skipped if you own the Academy and the story points cost is reduced depending on what kind of AI core is installed, if any.

Second, would it be possible to get a Senate edict that lets us consolidate population from multiple tier 6 planets to a single one to advance it to tier 7? I kind of want my capital planet to be a megapolis bigger than my other colony worlds, and simply editing config files to uncap planet population tier would apply to all planets in the starsector.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 17, 2023, 10:50:11 PM »

Why does reverse engineering a ship require you to overwrite a BP instead of just creating a new one?  Is this a programming limitation?

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 19, 2023, 10:54:34 PM »

Why does reverse engineering a ship require you to overwrite a BP instead of just creating a new one?  Is this a programming limitation?

I assume it's part limitation, part balance and part lore. It'd be kind of OP if we could stuff one Radiant in there and just immediately get a Radiant BP without any further work.

On the lore side, all of the automated factories everyone uses are hardcoded to only use certain Domain-approved blueprints due to in-universe DRM laws, so it makes sense that the only way we can get working blueprints is by overwriting pre-existing blueprints that were already given the correct data stamps by the old Domain.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 20, 2023, 05:20:16 AM »

I assume it's part limitation, part balance and part lore. It'd be kind of OP if we could stuff one Radiant in there and just immediately get a Radiant BP without any further work.

On the lore side, all of the automated factories everyone uses are hardcoded to only use certain Domain-approved blueprints due to in-universe DRM laws, so it makes sense that the only way we can get working blueprints is by overwriting pre-existing blueprints that were already given the correct data stamps by the old Domain.
Spot on! It's not a programming limitation, it's purely balance and lore.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 20, 2023, 02:56:39 PM »

Ahh ok, thanks!  I was just curious because I'm worried about not having enough blueprints of the appropriate ship size that I don't want to reverse engineer all the ships that I do want.  Is there anyway to get more blueprints once you've scoured the sector?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 20, 2023, 06:02:01 PM »

@SirHartley, did you get my Private Message in regards to updating the link for the latest beta version (from the Discord) of Tahlan Shipworks?

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 20, 2023, 06:28:12 PM »

@SirHartley, did you get my Private Message in regards to updating the link for the latest beta version (from the Discord) of Tahlan Shipworks?

https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/1085331254012035112

I had to to ask to. Peeps on the discord are generally pretty helpful.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 06:32:44 PM by Alphascrub »

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 20, 2023, 07:45:38 PM »

https://discord.com/channels/187635036525166592/825068217361760306/1085331254012035112

I had to to ask to. Peeps on the discord are generally pretty helpful.
Oh, I've already downloaded it from there; my PM regarded updating this thread's link for those who don't (or won't) use Discord.

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 20, 2023, 09:46:23 PM »

Ahh ok, thanks!  I was just curious because I'm worried about not having enough blueprints of the appropriate ship size that I don't want to reverse engineer all the ships that I do want.  Is there anyway to get more blueprints once you've scoured the sector?

Aside from trading blueprints at Prism Freeport, there's a WIP mod here on the forums called Chicken's Tech Shop that adds a special store you can unlock that you can buy blueprints and colony items from.

Be advised, though, that in my experience the game prevents you from finding any blueprints or modspecs you've already learned, so you may need to intentionally not learn a few blueprints in order to keep those dropping for usage in engineering labs.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 157