Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267417 times)

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 3.0.c - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1305 on: May 07, 2022, 12:44:08 PM »

Detachments issue - I want to say "bug" but the more I think about it the more it could be justified:

Have "Crew Training" leadership ability which adds up to 15% CR to all ships in fleet.  Detach some ships, set to "Stay".  Go do stuff.  Come back, re-merge with detachment.  All your ships did not have your CR bonus while detached, so lost the extra CR, now need to gain it again.  Yes, sure, I'd be happy to blow 200 supplies on nothing at all.

But - it's a fleet command ability.  While detached, you weren't in command of that fleet.  And there's no guarantee whoever got put in temporary command in the meantime still had it or not. 

It would be nice if all detachments continued to benefit from your fleet command abilities while detached.  Or if the detachment commanders mirrored those, at least  Or just the CR issue.  I can see why you might choose not to.  But it would be nice to have it.

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 07, 2022, 04:18:22 PM »

Detachments issue - I want to say "bug" but the more I think about it the more it could be justified:

Have "Crew Training" leadership ability which adds up to 15% CR to all ships in fleet.  Detach some ships, set to "Stay".  Go do stuff.  Come back, re-merge with detachment.  All your ships did not have your CR bonus while detached, so lost the extra CR, now need to gain it again.  Yes, sure, I'd be happy to blow 200 supplies on nothing at all.

But - it's a fleet command ability.  While detached, you weren't in command of that fleet.  And there's no guarantee whoever got put in temporary command in the meantime still had it or not. 

It would be nice if all detachments continued to benefit from your fleet command abilities while detached.  Or if the detachment commanders mirrored those, at least  Or just the CR issue.  I can see why you might choose not to.  But it would be nice to have it.

A potential compromise is to have detachments only benefit from player fleet skills if they are in the same system (no hyperspace bonuses?). Granted, I haven't used the feature so idk if being in different systems is even possible.

painandsuffering123

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 08, 2022, 07:07:29 AM »

Courier ports seemed to have thrown fatal error. Had some marines and heavy weapons delivered from one planet to another, it happened after couple of fleets sent

12670539 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.fleet.CourierFleetAssi gnmentAI.reportFleetDespawnedToListener(CourierFleetAssignmentAI.java:126)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.despawn(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.listeners.Shipment.fin alizeAndRemove(Shipment.java:84)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.fleet.CourierFleetAssi gnmentAI$6.run(CourierFleetAssignmentAI.java:96)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.AssignmentModule.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ai.ModularFleetAI.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I have a similar problem. I used my courier port to transport a bunch of junk I had in storage from another faction's colony to my new colony. However afterwards that planet decivilized, and now a crash occurs every time I open the intel screen.

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 09, 2022, 02:58:12 PM »

Detachment bug:

Cannot select the Mallory (from the Magellan mod) as a member of a detachment - it just does not show up in the list of ships to select.  A different Magellan ship (a Pollard destroyer) that was in my fleet did show up correctly.  This was playing as regular Magellan, so the version of the Mallory that is Magellan-milspec.  Haven't tried it with Leveller, Starfarer, or the derelict versions of the Mallory.

rototornik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 09, 2022, 03:48:29 PM »

Yeah, 3.0.c didn't quite fix the courier fleet crashes
Log:
4401309 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.fleet.CourierFleetAssi gnmentAI.reportFleetDespawnedToListener(CourierFleetAssignmentAI.java:126)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.listeners.Shipment.fin alizeAndRemove(Shipment.java:87)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.fleet.CourierFleetAssi gnmentAI$6.run(CourierFleetAssignmentAI.java:96)

Gillscale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 10, 2022, 05:57:08 PM »

So I've been working on getting mods working on my new game, and after finally turning mods on and off to find the issue, I have found this mod is somehow incompatable with something else. I've no clue what could be causing this...but when I launch the game with this mod...create a character...and start the 1st time initalization, I get a crash followed by "Fatal: STANDARD_PODS_OFFICER_LEVEL."

Here are the mods I have installed right now

edit: just turned all mods off besides Magic/Lazy/Graphics Libs...and got the same error. :c
« Last Edit: May 10, 2022, 05:59:13 PM by Gillscale »

Offensive_Name

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 13, 2022, 05:57:47 PM »

Getting a crash shortly after sending a detachment off to store some mothballed ships slowing me down.

Spoiler
55602 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.splinterFleet.plugins.fleetAssignmentAIs.BaseSplinterFleet AssignmentAIV2.doOverrideActions(BaseSplinterFleetAssignmentAIV2.java:317)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.splinterFleet.plugins.fleetAssignmentAIs.BaseSplinterFleet AssignmentAIV2.advance(BaseSplinterFleetAssignmentAIV2.java:144)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.splinterFleet.plugins.fleetAssignmentAIs.TransportAssignme ntAI.advance(TransportAssignmentAI.java:65)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.runScripts(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 15, 2022, 09:05:16 AM »

Bug:

Found a planet with extensive ruins (Ithaca in Penelope's Star).  Colonized it.  There turned out to be a ruined installation (centralization bureau) on the planet.  Queued up a tech-mining installation; also colonized the cryovolcanic world in the same system and queued up a mining installation there.  Spaceport completed construction, T-M started and progressed for a while.  Saved the game.  Loaded the game.   Played some more.  Mining completed, tech-mining wasn't done yet (remember: separate planets, building in parallel).  Huh?  I check, yep, 30-some days left.  That math doesn't work but okay.  Saved again, loaded again, checked.  Tech-mining time to build was reset to 45 days; the elapsed time already spent was lost.

I blame the presence of the ruined installation.

e: One thing that might have affected it is that I had a waystation queued up to go after the tech-mining completed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 07:55:48 PM by vok3 »

squished_fish

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 16, 2022, 12:11:45 AM »

I'm having an issue with Detachments - the ability to make them doesn't seem to exist. I'll right click a slot, open or not, and the ability simply isn't there. I'm running 3.0.c, so the issue isn't that I'm using an outdated version of the mod, and I always make sure to delete the previous version of a mod instead of just overwriting it when I update them, so I'm not sure what's going on. My modlist is:
Spoiler
A New Level of Confidence
Combat Chatter
Dynamic Tarrifs
Grand Colonies
High Tech Expansion
Industrial Evolution
LazyLib
Magiclib
Planetary Shield Access Control
Slightly Better Techmining
[close]
I also have Nexerelin installed, but it's disabled, so it shouldn't be relevant.

Famelhaut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 16, 2022, 02:35:54 AM »

Getting a crash shortly after sending a detachment off to store some mothballed ships slowing me down.

Spoiler
55602 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.splinterFleet.plugins.fleetAssignmentAIs.BaseSplinterFleet AssignmentAIV2.doOverrideActions(BaseSplinterFleetAssignmentAIV2.java:317)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.splinterFleet.plugins.fleetAssignmentAIs.BaseSplinterFleet AssignmentAIV2.advance(BaseSplinterFleetAssignmentAIV2.java:144)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.splinterFleet.plugins.fleetAssignmentAIs.TransportAssignme ntAI.advance(TransportAssignmentAI.java:65)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.runScripts(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseCampaignEntity.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace.advance(Unknown Source)
[close]

Getting the same crash

vok3

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 16, 2022, 08:00:00 PM »

Found a ruined installation on a planet that I colonized,  rebuilt it.  I had two other planets in the same system, "Mining" industry on both - one had sparse ore, sparse rare ore, and trace organics; the other had abundant ore / rare ore and diffuse volatiles.  Centralization bureau says "There are no duplicate industries in this system."  Um, yes there are, two mining installations, with duplicate ore production right now and duplicate rare ore once the first one gets a bit bigger.

Does mining not count as an industry?  Does it count, but it wants the mining type to be exactly the same?  Either of those would be things I'd count as bugs or design issues - the description of the installation seems fairly straightforward and doesn't imply weird exclusions like this.

TauCetiRedGuard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 16, 2022, 08:21:36 PM »

Centralization bureau says "There are no duplicate industries in this system."
Do you have an AI core installed in the centralisation bureau and is it built on one of the planets with mining on them?

RVG_Seven

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 18, 2022, 09:37:13 AM »

Em i'm having some questions about the research projects. I submitted all the relic components for the spyglass but it's stays at 100% and has been that way for at least a year with no option to redeem, i am using quite a few mods most importantly nexerelin and i used it to skip the main storyline quest. Could that be the issue?

Draconem Sedatio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] possible courier crash.
« Reply #1318 on: May 19, 2022, 02:39:44 AM »

I've experienced an unfortunate crash cycle with null exceptions. The crash, like many of the other examples I found with an online search, happens on an exact event date in-game.

Spoiler
526784 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RepTrackerEvent  - Not enough trade/smuggling with the Luddic Path for a rep change (0.0, 0.0)
526785 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RepTrackerEvent  - Not enough trade/smuggling with ddbc for a rep change (0.0, 0.0)
526785 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RepTrackerEvent  - Not enough trade/smuggling with Tri-Tachyon for a rep change (0.0, 0.0)
527270 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel  - Created AnalyzeEntityMissionIntel: Derelict Ship, faction: independent
527375 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.intel.specialforces.SpecialForcesIntel  - Despawning fleet Special Task Group – Evocation with Prosperity
528912 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.courierPort.listeners.Shipment.fin alizeAndRemove(Shipment.java:87)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Everything mod-wise and game wise is up to date as of 5/7/2022 (redownloaded game and fresh downloads of mods, nothing in the yellow/red versions.)

Is there any commands I could use to salvage this save, or have I mis-diagnosed the cause and this is related to a different mod?
Thanks in advance for any help!

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 19, 2022, 04:51:57 AM »

Seems to be related to courier port, so it's this mod yes. I don't think you can do much about it aside from hoping that a fix gets released soon, sadly.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 157