Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1268704 times)

Venolak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Industrial.Evolution 2.2.h - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #1245 on: March 30, 2022, 05:38:16 PM »

Hello all I don't post here much but I got stiffed something nasty here.
This is my 1st playthrough with this mod so pardon me if I get some names a little mixed up.

I fully explored the sector before setting up my colonies living as a raider off the fringes of civil society.
On my travels I found many wonderful ancient technologies, always hoarding them on my personal, somewhat habitable raiding base, Bolunda.
As I docked weary of my adventures and ready to give it all away to become a despot of my own, new industrial options brought me wonderment and joy.
I set about populating the fringes of the sector with renovated ancient industrial ruins and courier ports to begin a shipping triangle of legend.
Then I left for an expedition to the neighboring system evacuating neighboring youths.
Upon my return, everything seemed in order. My undesired hull hoard went to its place, the hundreds of looted weapons to theirs, but my empty hull templates were nowhere to be found.

Is there a console command to spawn more of them so I don't have to restart or search all 7 probes in the sector I missed hoping to find another one? Thanks!

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 31, 2022, 12:54:45 AM »

Heya! First off, thank you SirHartley for making this mod, it kicks ass! I first used it in v 0.9 and it worked wonderfully, but ever since I started a 0.95a save last month it's no longer generating Industrial Ruins Forges. I know to look for the description of 'what looks like a dormant nanoforge' but every single world with Industrial Ruins I've encountered has either the ancient laboratory or relocation machine, I've checked probably in excess of 20 now. Even after starting a new save I can't find any Forges. Either I'm *incredibly* unlucky or there might be something wrong? Do Forges spawn in specific parts of the sector? Im using Nex and Expanded Sector but those are the only things I can think of that'd affect sector generation or the game in general in any major ways. If anyone else is looking at this thread and is having the same issue lemme know. Please help  ;D
You are incredibly unlucky! However, ruin spawning has been overhauled for the next version to ensure a better distribution. Thank you for letting me know!

Hello,

First off, some compliment for this mod, it adds a lot to do in the sector. I really like the added structure, even if some seems less interesting than other. Maybe I do not understand their usefullness.

Some features request/proposal:
- Do you think it would be possible, for you, to rework the farmland structure so that it became a food production structure, that can be deployed, even on planet without farmland or aquaculture, using hydroponic and/or green house, on the ground or in space.
I think Hydroponic and green house should have a production level = to the 'poor farmland' condition and should also be an upgrade to farmland and aquaculture, to improve there production level.
Those structure could requests organics in addition to heavy machinery.

- Could you add the date of shipment, or the number of past days since the event has been created, in the intel tab, at least for the single delivery event?

And now, a bug report.
- Whenever an alpha core is present in a shipment, the shipment is successful, but nothing from the shipment is stored in the local storage.
There is so much stuff in this mod that some things might be more suited to a certain playstyle. If that is not yours, well, nothing gained, nothing lost.

Re- Hydroponics: Sadly, I'll have to decline on that. Some niches are not filled on purpose, and this is one of them. Not all planets are supposed to be made equal, and giving access to food (a very valuable commodity) to everyone is not in the spirit of the game.

Re- date of Shipment: Yup. Done~

In 2.2.h, using the Courier Port to send a Forge Template containing a DME Sparrowhawk with +1 charge resulted in the Forge Template vanishing. Destination storage type didn't matter. Whitelists were set to ignored.
I don't know how much of that is relevant as I haven't done troubleshooting to tell which factors are causing it.

Edit: forgot - the shipments weren't lost, they arrived fully intact. Nothing was deposited on the other end.
Courier ports are incredibly scuffed atm and sometimes lose stuff for no reason. Next version has a rework, it's gonna be finally fixed!

Hello all I don't post here much but I got stiffed something nasty here.
This is my 1st playthrough with this mod so pardon me if I get some names a little mixed up.

I fully explored the sector before setting up my colonies living as a raider off the fringes of civil society.
On my travels I found many wonderful ancient technologies, always hoarding them on my personal, somewhat habitable raiding base, Bolunda.
As I docked weary of my adventures and ready to give it all away to become a despot of my own, new industrial options brought me wonderment and joy.
I set about populating the fringes of the sector with renovated ancient industrial ruins and courier ports to begin a shipping triangle of legend.
Then I left for an expedition to the neighboring system evacuating neighboring youths.
Upon my return, everything seemed in order. My undesired hull hoard went to its place, the hundreds of looted weapons to theirs, but my empty hull templates were nowhere to be found.

Is there a console command to spawn more of them so I don't have to restart or search all 7 probes in the sector I missed hoping to find another one? Thanks!

I had fun reading that, even if it's a bug report :P
Courier ports can lose stuff atm, I am very sorry about that.

You can add forge templates back in by opening the console and typing:
addspecial IndEvo_forgeTemplate_2 yourShipId (For instance, "onslaught")

Other item IDs you might need:
IndEvo_ForgeTemplate_1
IndEvo_ForgeTemplate_2
IndEvo_ForgeTemplate_3
IndEvo_DegForgeTemplate
IndEvo_EmptForgeTemplate

Venolak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 31, 2022, 11:32:29 AM »

I had fun reading that, even if it's a bug report :P
Courier ports can lose stuff atm, I am very sorry about that.

You can add forge templates back in by opening the console and typing:
addspecial IndEvo_forgeTemplate_2 yourShipId (For instance, "onslaught")

Other item IDs you might need:
IndEvo_ForgeTemplate_1
IndEvo_ForgeTemplate_2
IndEvo_ForgeTemplate_3
IndEvo_DegForgeTemplate
IndEvo_EmptForgeTemplate

What's strange is that I had already tried "AddItem IndEvo_EmptForgeTemplate" before and it prints out "Added 1 commodity of 'IndEvo_rare_parts' to player inventory." but when I look, nothing's there. I've tried redocking, reloading my save, even saving and loading back in, exiting and re-entering the system, nada.

I fear the machine gods are unhappy with us my friend.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 31, 2022, 01:07:43 PM »

there is a difference between addITEM and addSPECIAL - forge templates are specials.

Venolak

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 31, 2022, 03:41:02 PM »

there is a difference between addITEM and addSPECIAL - forge templates are specials.

Ooh thank you sorry to bother

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: April 06, 2022, 09:30:43 AM »

So I got this error when I tried to train an admin up a bit. Should I just not train admins at the academy?

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.รด00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getInt(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAdminSalary(Misc.java:4025)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_Academy.calculateSalaryStor ageCost(IndEvo_Academy.java:205)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.IndEvo_Academy.reportEconomyTick(IndEvo_Academy.java:124)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportEconomyTick(ListenerUtil.java:106)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.doEndOfStepStuff(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
   ... 17 more

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: April 08, 2022, 11:34:54 AM »

So I love the idea of the engineering hub but I must be missing something in the process.  I've got 100% progress on a ship and a blueprint of the same size class (cruiser) installed; is there something else I need to do to get my new blueprint?  Does it just take a long time?  Does "same size" not mean same size classification?

Ezene

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: April 14, 2022, 08:26:04 AM »

So I love the idea of the engineering hub but I must be missing something in the process.  I've got 100% progress on a ship and a blueprint of the same size class (cruiser) installed; is there something else I need to do to get my new blueprint?  Does it just take a long time?  Does "same size" not mean same size classification?
What's most likely happening is that the ship and blueprint aren't actually matching sizes. It doesn't say anywhere on the ship, blueprint, or engineering hub what size classification they are, so some of the more ambiguously-named ones can be confusing.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: April 14, 2022, 11:12:45 AM »

Okay, so it DOES just use the four sizes then, right?  No subclasses of ships or whatever?  And there's no hidden decimals so 100% does actually mean 100%?  It was the Gambit "fast cruiser" from Roider Union, which is definitely a cruiser, at least according to all hullmod interactions.  It also wasn't tagged with "cannot be reverse engineered" either so it must be something not matching up correctly.  Tried it with a destroyer sized print too and nothing.  I've since found other ways to get the ship (operatives do the job nicely in nex) but it was vexing.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: April 14, 2022, 11:26:06 AM »

Okay, so it DOES just use the four sizes then, right?  No subclasses of ships or whatever?  And there's no hidden decimals so 100% does actually mean 100%?  It was the Gambit "fast cruiser" from Roider Union, which is definitely a cruiser, at least according to all hullmod interactions.  It also wasn't tagged with "cannot be reverse engineered" either so it must be something not matching up correctly.  Tried it with a destroyer sized print too and nothing.  I've since found other ways to get the ship (operatives do the job nicely in nex) but it was vexing.
Ah. That explains.
The Gambit is a Roider Retrofit - you need a matching Roider retrofit template.

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: April 17, 2022, 11:37:17 PM »

The Centralization Bureau does not appear to work with ship components. I have several colonies with Variable Manufactory industries set up with Ship Component VPCs and there is no effect on the produced output for the colony with the bureau. Is this intended behavior? EDIT: I have an AI core installed and it works with other resources, just not this one.

SCUBAelement

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: April 20, 2022, 11:58:25 AM »

Hello, thank you for the mod, it is very fun and really adds to the longevity of a playthrough. I was wondering about the engineering dock where one reverse engineers blueprints. I wanted to reverse engineer the 14th Battlegroup Onslaught but it was not allowed, so I found the ship id (hullid is onslaught_xiv from "list ships" console command) for it and added it to the whitelist file. It still shows up as not allowed. I am stumped at this point as I already verified that the whitelist is pointed correctly (thank you to previous poster describing that now fixed bug.) I'm not sure where to go next but If you could help I would very much appreciate it, thank you for your time. 8) ;D

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: April 20, 2022, 02:04:39 PM »

Hello, thank you for the mod, it is very fun and really adds to the longevity of a playthrough. I was wondering about the engineering dock where one reverse engineers blueprints. I wanted to reverse engineer the 14th Battlegroup Onslaught but it was not allowed, so I found the ship id (hullid is onslaught_xiv from "list ships" console command) for it and added it to the whitelist file. It still shows up as not allowed. I am stumped at this point as I already verified that the whitelist is pointed correctly (thank you to previous poster describing that now fixed bug.) I'm not sure where to go next but If you could help I would very much appreciate it, thank you for your time. 8) ;D
That's very strange cause the XIV onslaught is on the default whitelist. Please check if it doesn't have too many d-mods to be used for reverse engineering.

SCUBAelement

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: April 20, 2022, 02:23:49 PM »

Hello thank you for replying. It is strange indeed. It is the only 14th Battlegroup ship to have the problem. The same error occurs for the regular Paragons I have and it is also on the whitelist. Both are pristine, no D-mods and I spawned in the same ships with the console no dice, still reads cannot be reverse engineered. I tried adding onslaught_xiv to the whitelist as well with no luck. The onslaught_xiv and paragon do work fine if I set the ignore whitelist to true. Other ships from the Dassault-Migoyan mod such as the blade breakers, and the default remnant that have not been whitelisted are blocked as expected. Thanks for your assistance.  8) :o ???

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: April 20, 2022, 08:22:21 PM »

Okay, so I was wrong. It's not just ship components. Variable manufactories don't provide output that the Centralization bureau can recognize at all. Swapping to Conflict Package on several colonies in the same system did not provide bonus heavy weapons production or marines while heavy industry and modular fabricators (from Shadowyards) both provide bonuses for their outputs
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 157