Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267334 times)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.1.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #720 on: April 23, 2021, 12:46:58 AM »

Holy. It's like reading records of aggressive customers at customer services, except it's towards an unpaid modder making something for free.
The gratuitous "No vision ;)" attack at the end is the icing on the cake.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Sozzer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 23, 2021, 01:15:08 AM »

snip

i ain't reading all that
i'm happy for u tho
or sorry that happened

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 23, 2021, 01:17:29 AM »

They sounds like someone angry that nobody is ever listening to Their Opinion, however correct it may be, and never figured out why.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 23, 2021, 02:11:46 AM »

Question on Salvage Yards: Do only battles with the player/the player faction's fleets count for generating parts from destroyed ships in combat?
FAQ says "You can gather Salvage Units by destroying ships during combat" and "it also counts if your patrol fleets destroy a hostile fleet, or get themselves destroyed", but does it apply to any battle happening in the system (i.e other faction fleets fighting each other) ?

Thanks in advance.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 23, 2021, 02:15:33 AM »

In general - thank you for the feedback. I do appreciate it, but your tone could be improved - you are not very polite. I do this in my free time, without pay, after all.

Oh, this is me being polite. Here's a very real response: I only give feedback on quality and your Mod was my second post, which might make you pause and wonder why I'd bother with the feedback (and I have installed every 9.51a compatible mod and used them). Since English might be your second language, that's a compliment. Here's a tip: when someone says "blueprint" when they obviously are referring to your Mod Only Content[TM] item, cut them some slack - everyone knows I was referencing your Mod Only Content[TM] Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness or whatever, so -- don't project too hard or get defensive, this will work out a lot better.

You've some genuinely good ideas and your code/mechanics grasp is good. But certain parts of it plays like professional torture at the moment  -- prime example: you have certain trigger events on salvaging various facilities / ruins (e.g. use a blueprint Mod Only Content[TM] Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness) but these... immediately trigger the salvaging screen on chosing "Come back later". i.e. removing the conditional that spawned them (in particular research stations / wild ID events that decay on use) Likewise: realistically, which player will sacrifice a nanoforge (even a 20% corrupted) merely to remove some DMods / repair that a base skill does for free? Answer: no-one.

Your issue there? No-one, and I mean NO-ONE is going to remember a RNG spawned 1-hit loot pinata to return to RNG galaxy #8899 with a valuable item to potentiall get a middling reward. You're making content / stuff that is literally insane to 99% of players.

So: some good ideas, some terrible ones. Let's help you fix that. Oh - and nitpicking over +2 vrs +3 industry slots and not addressing the actual issue? Again - stop being so defensive. You've made something that's good: let's make it amazing.

More feedback - Courier station: I get the design ethos and even the implementation (given the vanilla UI / code) but it leads to the actual issue: as far as I can tell (and from reading historical posts about prior builds and economy and how the engine essentially just 'fudges' the numbers now) there's 100% no point in putting raw materials in any station inventory other than to use in a crisis. e.g. you cannot set up couriers like they should work -- Station X hits cap of 20,000 food > sends to Station B who then eats it or Station X hits cap 10,000 of raw ore > sends it to Station Y to process. The engine simply doesn't support what you're coding for.

The tryptch of Labatory - Forge -  Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness writer. Since making an entire set of unique ships is probably not what you want to do, I'd suggest something far more radical. Ditch the entire  Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness printing thing entirely - it's 100% not required content and unless you want to be really bold and mod out the ability for the vanilla game to simply Right Click BP > open screen > pay $400,000 > wait 1/2/4 month for ship, then let's rethink it.

The "Print from BP Mod Only Content[TM] Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness" is an idea you're sticking to because you thought it was neat and saw how to make it work. You succeded. Mechanically it's pretty damn genius. Play wise? 100% sucks. Look up what a "sunk cost" is. It's already in the game and doesn't require another version.

1) Laboratory: Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness -- instead of a consumable, it's now a buff to the Lab. Each one gives a Faction wide (!!) +10% to Fleet quality. Slot in the holder, lab fixes it, you get a Faction wide buff to all planets / colonies ship quality production. You'll probably want this one to cost some resources / money to process. This also makes finding multiple ones exciting and not a "Meh, who the hell is going to want 6 x3 (18) ships of whatever in their final fleet anyhow?". You find one, you dump enough commodities in the hopper with it, you just made your entire Faction wide fleets better. Your average universe is going to spit out 10-15 of these, max. Which is a fairly strong but not too powered buff.

If you want to cap it, simply have a little power bar that fills up, scaled 1-10 (presuming +100% is your preferred cap). Get +10, get a super special hidden bonus. Oh, and +BONUS ROUND: you just solved an actual issue with the vanilla game, which is colonies having masses of dumped items in their inventories because the actual game economy totally ignores them. Now then: you also made it so that another part of your mod (Courier stations) has a real use case for it. Make the costs silly number - we're talking 100,000 commods at higher tiers.

Well done: you've just solved two issues with your mod and one from the vanilla game. 100% success.

Player: "Why am I building Courier Stations when the actual game economy totally ignores that part of the equation and lugging 100,000 ore to an AI station is peanuts when I can sell AI cores"?

Answer: Because you want to send them all to your Laboratory base to get those sweet sweet Fleet Quality buffs.

2) Hull Forge - yes, I understand the mechanics. Referencing sacrificing 10-12 ships to get the deconstruct was obvious. So, again, let's do something different with this. What do players have by mid - late game in the 100's that have zero use (apart from feeding to Pirates to create farming fleets)? Yep: redundant BLUEPRINTS. So, let's use that. We throw BLUEPRINTS and materials into the hopper (and scale it to rarity here - common weapon or common freighter? meh, not many points - top tier Atlas print, now we're talking) OR hulls (this ... is probably outside of the scope of your current code, so ignore that unless you want to jink in the stuff you've already coded with "sacrifice hull" > "give hull" in events, but for points). So what's a fully powered up Hull Forge going to do for us that the Lab hasn't already and that we need? Let's keep it basic and make it give Faction wide +% to fleet size.

And cost out the points etc and the tiers - if we're doing 1-10, scale it so getting to +7 (+70%) is gonna take ~500 or so BLUEPRINTS depending on quality. You understand math, it's an easy log calc.

Player: "Meh, why do I bother looting? My pirates have full Triangle of DOOM fleets and I have 10,000 of these redundant BPs in my storage"

Industry Mod: What if I told you that you could convert those into MASSIVE DOOM FLEETS OF YOUR OWN?

Side benefit: it will make the otherwise underpowered Privateer base that gets 100% insta ganked by the AI.... actually dangerous. HOLY CRUD. WE JUST SOLVED ANOTHER ISSUE WITH THE MOD, WE'RE ON A ROLL! If you're worried about power-creep, just make it -50% to stationed fleets (aka, defensive ones) and full bonus to offensive ones (aka your privateers).

3) Deconstruct Forge. Ok, so - let's do something a little different and more exciting, given that anything vanilla you do with deconstructing is open to player abusing it (i.e. use the vanilla way to make ships > feed to forge, unlimited power). So, let's make this one clever. Each ship fed to the Forge ticks off a unique ID (the... list of unique ship IDs). It's pokemon for Nihilists. What's the buff? Let's add some Lore stuff in here - AI Simulation Threat and Nullification Matrix. +1-10 ....  that adds +X% damage to each hull on the list **BUT** gives a Faction wide +x% cost to making hulls. Scale it 1-10 for ease --- yep. You feed the horror AI run Forge enough different hulls, you're rocking +50% DPS, but you're also running +100% cost on each hull. (And... you can be mean here and add in a hidden coda where [REDACTED] are secretly hacking your source code and get a 10% DR (damage reduction) instead).

e.g. (note: I'm not going to pull up the vanilla list - given the # of mods that add hulls, you'll just make these flat percentages. i.e. X% of TOTAL UNIQUE ID loaded)

Code

20% unique hull types -- +5% damage to said hulls
30% - 10%
Underpants Gnomes, the math is easy
100%  unique hull types- +50% to each hull type in game
Underpants Gnome says don't forget to fake add certain mission hulls otherwise you'll get a bug where you'll never hit the top tier - for these (unique) ones, just add a 'if owned / captured' hidden flag)

This one is also adds massive weighting to all those "meh, not gonna bother using a Story point for **THAT** tiny hull" salvage cases if you get clever with it. What if I told you to make certain hulls... only recoverable from salvage? Suddenly all those debris fields  / mass looting of junk in the mid-late game are 100% pointless suddenly now has a use. DPS.... the ultimate player driver. There will be complaints they're not common enough.

~~~

See? Easy. And that's all possible using the code you're running to essentially make a really long winded and boring version of "Right Click BP, click tab, select ship, click make".

~

Good code / mechanics. No vision ;)

Wow, you remind me of my wife! It might be that time of the month! If you want to make SirHartley drop a bomb on you the likes humankind has never seen simply Necro a thread! He gets very moody when you do this! LOL.

Jokes aside neutral feedback would have been preferred this isn't an employee you are speaking to (even at that) it's someone working for free to improve your experience. We are all friends here so act like it, even if the individual in question throws you some shade.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 02:19:25 AM by Flacman3000 »
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

paramecium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: April 23, 2021, 03:22:34 AM »

Hello,
I have encontered a bug that may due to the compatibility between this mod and Nexerelin. there is an 'grant automony' funtion in nexerlin and I have done so on a planet with relic industry, and now every time I vist that planet it will crash when choose "leave"
the save seems larger than the allowed attachment size so I haven't figured out how to post it here
the mod I use are
 "raccoonarms",
  "diyplanets",
  "GrandColonies",
  "IndEvo",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "MagicLib",
  "nexerelin",
  "speedUp",
  "transfer_all_items"
the relevent logs are as follow
"
5449 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: commerce
75449 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: waystation
75449 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: cryosanctum
75450 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: IndEvo_pirateHaven
75450 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: IndEvo_dryDock
75451 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: IndEvo_Academy
75451 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: IndEvo_senate
75451 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Added special industry class: IndEvo_ReqCenter
75452 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin]
75455 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.world.NexMarketBuilder  - Adding industries to market EXCAVATE
75455 [Thread-3] INFO  exerelin.campaign.ColonyManager  - Processing NPC construction queue for EXCAVATE
77135 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77135 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77136 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77137 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77138 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77138 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77139 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77139 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77140 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77141 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77142 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77142 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77143 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77143 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77144 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77145 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77146 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77146 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77147 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77147 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77148 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77149 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77150 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
77150 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85696 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85697 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85699 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85699 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85700 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85701 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85701 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85702 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85702 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85703 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85704 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85704 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85705 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85706 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85706 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85707 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85708 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85708 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85709 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85710 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85710 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85712 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
85712 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88900 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88900 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88901 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88901 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88907 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88908 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88918 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88919 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88921 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88922 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88927 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88927 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88937 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88938 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88941 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88941 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88946 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88946 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88956 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
88956 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93096 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93097 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93099 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93099 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93100 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93100 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93101 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93101 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93103 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93103 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93104 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93104 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93106 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93106 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93107 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93107 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93109 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93109 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93110 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93111 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93112 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93112 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93113 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93114 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.loading.StarfarerStrings  - Missing string: [outputRestriction]
93929 [Thread-3] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
93937 [Thread-7] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_generic_market_01_neutral_var01.ogg]
94010 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.GrandColonies_modPlugin.resetMarket(GrandColonies_modPlugin.java:204)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.GrandColonies_modPlugin.access$100(GrandColonies_modPlugin.java:21)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.GrandColonies_modPlugin$PlayerOpenedMarketListener.reportPlayerClosedMarket(GrandColonies_modPlugin.java:59)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerClosedMarket(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Oo0O.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.for.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Stringsuper.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.advanceImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
94281 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_tritach_market_03_friendly.ogg]
94282 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_tritach_market_03_friendly.ogg]
"
so hopefully the information are helpful.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: April 23, 2021, 03:58:37 AM »

Hey there, you are on an old version of Grand.Colonies, please update the mod.

Thanks!

edit - for the sake of conversation, could you put that crashlog into a spoiler? that's done like that:
Code
[spoiler]text[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 04:01:16 AM by SirHartley »

Jet Black

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: April 23, 2021, 05:46:21 AM »

Intelligent enough to string together a decent post, but no tact. What a waste.

Don't bother with kids like that. You're doing your part in getting us through these strange times. Doing it free of charge I might add. You are doing great work here, keep it up.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 23, 2021, 06:17:15 AM »

Question on Salvage Yards: Do only battles with the player/the player faction's fleets count for generating parts from destroyed ships in combat?
FAQ says "You can gather Salvage Units by destroying ships during combat" and "it also counts if your patrol fleets destroy a hostile fleet, or get themselves destroyed", but does it apply to any battle happening in the system (i.e other faction fleets fighting each other) ?

Thanks in advance.
Missed that question, whoops - all combat counts, regardless of source or faction!

Reituor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 23, 2021, 06:27:28 AM »

In general - thank you for the feedback. I do appreciate it, but your tone could be improved - you are not very polite. I do this in my free time, without pay, after all.

Your issue there? No-one, and I mean NO-ONE is going to remember a RNG spawned 1-hit loot pinata to return to RNG galaxy #8899 with a valuable item to potentiall get a middling reward. You're making content / stuff that is literally insane to 99% of players.

I do understand that this might be a weird response but I did find a solution - captain log mod, it pretty much keeps track and for me issue with salvaging most of the time is that I often have more stuff than I can carry back to wherever I sell it - so just leaving a station and scrapping it later is def. an option. (On solution being from a mod - I feel like starsector mod community is working way more on interaction between mods as opposed to each being just its own thing - so having one mod help out with another is fine imo here.)

About rift gens already being useful I have to agree there, maybe it's more that I still didn't figure out the full potential of them + they're the most useful as it stands by not taking a slot already.

On the forge template system - I gave it more thought and kinda start to see the inspiration for it with for example EVE's limited amount blueprint copies, but there infinite use bp costs tons for obvious reasons, here it's almost opposite. In theory it'd be interesting to see how would sector fare with such a limited blueprint system as opposed to "just know it and make infinite ships" but I think that'd take leagues more effort and borderline make a hardmode version of Starsector.

Ramdat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 23, 2021, 06:55:11 AM »

If you install a Beta Core on a Salvage Yard, instead of removing the -20% penalty, it adds a +20% bonus called "null". Is this intended behaviour?

Cat in the Hat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 23, 2021, 07:42:38 AM »

Wow, you remind me of my wife! It might be that time of the month! If you want to make SirHartley drop a bomb on you the likes humankind has never seen simply Necro a thread! He gets very moody when you do this! LOL.

Jokes aside neutral feedback would have been preferred this isn't an employee you are speaking to (even at that) it's someone working for free to improve your experience. We are all friends here so act like it, even if the individual in question throws you some shade.

You guessed my gender correctly - call it a difference of tonal reading. I thought it sounded quite reasonable and there was no malicious critique intended. Just: "this seems redundant, here's a suggestion for making the system an Empire-wide +% bonus rather than a dedicated single hull production thing". For the record, I've looted 80% of a new universe & found four (4) pre-made Forge Templates and seven (7) blanks - there's simply not enough depth / requirement etc to justify the three dedicated planets (which I did indeed build).

~

Since I didn't think I had to mention the positive parts (of which there are many), the VPC system is extremely well done and actually gives a lot of flexibility / colony boost which is precisely what the mod said it was going to do. Having looted 80% of a universe (without raiding AI, not sure they are in the Raid loot tables - something to ponder over given the current abusability of them in 0.95a vanilla) I have found sixteen (16) of various types, which is a decent amount & can very much make the core of your Industry.

Small bug / code error in the VPC "Conflict Package" however: missing string. Note - the error is only in the stage 1 part, the stage 2 ("viable manufactory") has no error.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:47:27 AM by Cat in the Hat »

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 23, 2021, 12:25:20 PM »

I read some of the other criticism recently posted, I agree about the RNG forge/VPC etc results, the things that are like "insert a VPC to get thing", "deconstruct part of your fleet to get thing" - if I can break these down individually:

---
VPC to get thing from research stations, habitats, planetary ruins etc; It's really neat fluff, I like it from that perspective, but from a gameplay perspective I do not like it.
> I cannot come back to these things to use the VPC factory later when I happen to have a VPC
> I do not want to carry a VPC with my fleet everywhere
> When I do use a VPC on these I get less output than if I used it on a planetary version that does the same thing

The end result is that I never use these VPC factories. It's really cool, it's thematic, I like the idea of this worn down hardware being brought back to life for a short while, but it just isn't worth bothering with.
I would suggest some kind of permanent facility as an alternative - like a derelict station you can store things in, but in this case its also a VPC factory. In this way I can come back to it later with the VPC's I've found rather than it disappearing outright.
Another alternative would simply be - when you find one of these factories it already has a VPC installed and you can either yank it out or use it then and there. I still would yank it out every time because why produce 30% of the goods in the middle of nowhere and I might not even be able to carry it, vs get 100% of the goods at my colony and I don't have to worry about taking it anywhere, but it would be an improvement from current.

-

Deconstructing your fleet to build something
> I have no idea what I'm going to get
> My fleet is not made of scrap its very nice I dont want to throw my ships away
> maintenance/fuel costs mean I don't fly with useless ships
> That means I'm sacrificing ships (and their weapons) I need, want, and like (and possibly with S-mods) for an unknown something that might actually be /worse/

End result again is that I never use this aside from that 1 time to figure out how it worked. If it didn't disappear after I finish looting the planet/whatever, I might actually use it.

I would suggest that instead of eating your ships it simply dumps a derelict ship (or more than one) into orbit which you can recover like normal using the regular built-in recover costs.

ShangTai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 23, 2021, 01:11:02 PM »

Hi, I updated starsector to RC15 and after update i can't load save. I posted this on "Bug Reports & Support (modded)" and Alex told me to write it here.

I get this error:
Spoiler
64992 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  -
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Y
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
line number         : 8423
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.derelicts.IndEvo_HullForge
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[5]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.FactionProduction
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomy
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[14]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[15]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[16]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[17]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[18]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[2]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException:
---- Debugging information ----
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.mapper.CannotResolveClassException
cause-message       : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.Y
class               : java.util.ArrayList
required-type       : java.util.ArrayList
converter-type      : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.collections.CollectionConverter
line number         : 8423
class[1]            : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.O00oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
converter-type[1]   : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ReflectionConverter
class[2]            : com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.derelicts.IndEvo_HullForge
class[3]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market
class[4]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignPlanet
class[5]            : com.fs.util.container.repo.ObjectRepository
class[6]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem
class[7]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CircularOrbit
class[8]            : com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.FactionProduction
class[9]            : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Faction
class[10]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Submarket
class[11]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CustomCampaignEntity
class[12]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomy
class[13]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomyStepper
class[14]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy
class[15]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem$UpdateFromHyperspaceLocation
class[16]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation$LocationToken
class[17]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.Hyperspace
class[18]           : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine
converter-type[2]   : com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.I
version             : not available
-------------------------------
[close]

Cat in the Hat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: April 23, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »

I won't comment on your points, since I can't read that without getting annoyed at you, and I prefer catching the meaning instead of the word for my improvement cards.

Your I-Ching reading: "Is it better for me to not comment on your points, since I can't read that without getting annoyed at you, and I prefer catching the meaning instead of the word for my improvement cards." [note: 'is it better' = please advise]

Cast Hexagram:

43 - Forty-Three
Kuai / guài

Break-through. One must resolutely make the matter known at the court of the king. It must be announced truthfully. Danger. It is necessary to notify one's own city. It does not further to resort to arms. It furthers one to undertake something.

[1: Young Yang; 2: Young Yang; 3: Old Yang; 4: Young Yang; 5: Young Yang; 6: Old Yin]

Still, it's a pretty good Mod. Thanks for it, adds a lot to the vanilla game even if you need a dab of spice to do the above.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 157