Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1267319 times)

Reituor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Industrial.Evolution 2.1.b - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #705 on: April 22, 2021, 05:50:07 AM »

-snip-

Wait what, I thought this mod added industries, not a new way to make ships. Way to sell a cat in a bag

It does add a bunch of industries which are nice and interesting, as well as general colony buildings. Cat is complaining about the derelict industries and mechanic around them and I have to agree with them. (Spoiler on derelict industries follows)
Spoiler
You get a deconstructor who can break down a ship and record it into a blueprint, a reconstructor who does exact opposite and a lab which fixes blueprints.
[close]
Problem is vanilla blueprint system already works fine and this gives too small of a bang for your buck. Like avoiding all the options like finding a ship while exploring, finding it in a shop - you can build your own orbital works and order exact ships you want to get. With leagues less hassle.

Another issue is requirements - you have to maintain pretty much an industry (key word - industry - it takes a slot) that will almost 99% of the time give nothing and just drain resources unless stuffed by a core which just alleviates the drain on resources.

What I’d like to see is for all 4 derelict industries is to give some passive/active benefit even when not in use. Orbital works aside from being ordered to produce a specific ship still makes a lot of stuff which goes to the market making me money. Out of all 3 only one can give a passive benefit as of now and chance of it being spawned on a planet where that can take an effect is up to several rolls of dice. (About getting a ship with built-in bonus s-mods - is nice, but still waaaaay too much stuff up to chance with little payout. If you want to have an option to get a ultra mega op Legion/Paragon - sure, fine, leave it up to chance but streamline process a lot.)
Spoiler
The rift generator too lies useless a lot of the time and kinda does drain on resources but at least it doesn't take a slot, plus with it I can at least see more potential with teleporting pretty much a fortress planet into an enemy system but it's still kinda random.
[close]
Other than this part of mod - It's pretty great, VPCs are nice, a new layer to fortifying planets is nice, the direction where salvage yards are going is nice...

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 22, 2021, 09:28:31 AM »

-snip-

Wait what, I thought this mod added industries, not a new way to make ships. Way to sell a cat in a bag

It's both a hit and a miss.

Cat and Reituor already pointed out most of the problems with it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 09:30:28 AM by Lathrael »

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 22, 2021, 10:09:05 AM »

I have an issue with the embassies. When I have a beta core installed, I always get a -20 in addition to the normal increase in relations. As I understand it, it is supposed to do that only if I had taken off the beta core that month. But also, after taking off the core, there is no relation loss, even though there is supposed to be one. Has anyone run into a similar issue? I do have quite a few mods installed, so it might be that. List attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lathrael

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 22, 2021, 10:15:44 AM »

I have an issue with the embassies. When I have a beta core installed, I always get a -20 in addition to the normal increase in relations. As I understand it, it is supposed to do that only if I had taken off the beta core that month. But also, after taking off the core, there is no relation loss, even though there is supposed to be one. Has anyone run into a similar issue? I do have quite a few mods installed, so it might be that. List attached.

I have the same issue. Also embassies seem to drop reputation if it's higher than the cap.

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 22, 2021, 10:49:13 AM »

I have the same issue. Also embassies seem to drop reputation if it's higher than the cap.

Yeah, saw that happen as well.

Additionally, I have a crash anytime an ambassador gets removed (possibly for any reason), the ones I had that happening on were me sending one away, and one leaving after hostilities happened between my commissioned faction and another one. Here is the log of the hostilities one:
Code
118654 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.null  - Playing music with id [HostileWaters.ogg]
118879 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.logRepChange(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:119)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.ambassadorPlugins.IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.onNewDay(IndEvo_ambassadorPersonManager.java:95)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.onNewDay(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:136)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.plugins.timers.IndEvo_TimeTracker.advance(IndEvo_TimeTracker.java:117)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 22, 2021, 11:29:14 AM »

Re - Ambassador Crashes:
I think all of you are on an old version of the mod, please update it! If the crash persists after that, let me know please, so I can address it.

Re - Feedback on Derelicts.
before I address the feedback, let me preface with this:

"Just" adds more industries hasn't done it justice in about half a year. It adds:
-Officer and Admin storage and training
-Reverse Engineering
-Alternative ship restoration mechanics
-Alternative ship production mechanics
-Direct configurable colony modifiers
-Item and hull transfers between colonies
-Player owned raiding of foreign factions
-Teleporting planets
-A new commodity with a unique effect (though unfinished)
-10+ new Events that can happen when salvaging
-2 new discoverable station types
-A good dozen other things that are too minor to list (Ambassadors, VPCs, Requisitions...)

If you think any of that is "selling a cat in a bag", which means "giving you something of less quality than advertised", I will gladly recommend you uninstall the mod and stop posting in my thread, because that's just plain insulting to me.

Now that that's off my chest, feedback!

A) You need to colonize at least three separate planets (which might be rubbish otherwise) and  hold them
A.1) Assuming you're not save-scumming (assuming you're not playing IronMan), that means you might end up making / ditching five or so colonies to get a working Ship Forge etc
Not anymore! I have a bit of the feeling you might have played an older version. The condition used to display what it will resolve to after surveying the planet, but the feature had to be disabled in 2.1.c due to causing a save breaking bug - but it'll return in the next version.

B) The mechanics are badly weighted and require huge resource investment
B.1) The drops are tied to loot tables that already hold the same BPs, meaning this mod reduces a player's chances of amazing BP / item drops .... for rubbish. Yes, I know this is somewhat offset by the unique event triggers, but it really isn't a 50/50 split at the moment
this one, on the other hand, is completely wrong. The system is not tied into blueprints at all and does not affect their drop rates. Forge templates on their own do affect special item (like synchrotrons) drop rates - it lowers them by less than 0.3%. check my post on drop groups earlier, where I addressed this in detail: https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=18011.msg316769#msg316769

B.2) In my latest game I've found 6+ broken / blank tablets and I'm in early exploration game: about 20% explored. Serious question: do you really think anyone is going to ever use this method for six different ship BP types? No: so your loot table weighting is massively over-favouring your content to the detriment of player experience of the rest of the game.
Sorry, but I do not understand that. Regardless of the rather asinine way you portrayed that, check the above post on salvage.

B.3) This is ignoring the 10-12 ships required to sacrifice to get the thing working. For that amount of effort, a vanilla roll on a ship that already exists elswhere? Sorry, no: you're wasting my time.
Maybe get your facts straight before accusing me of anything - you are mixing reverse engineering with ship printing. So much for understanding the mechanics. You need a single ship for Printing, not more.

C) You get nothing unique or extra-special from it after huge time sink / credit sink / investment -- these are essentially the same ships which you can get elsewhere, for much less effort. Yes, I can see the D-Mod angle. 9.51a has a skill that removes D-mods RNG as you fly around. So, kinda pointless all that juggling different cores then, wasn't it? Go look it up: find a BP, have a colony (that your mod requires multiple of), pay out $400,000 credits - bam, there's your endgame ship. Without.... the extra two colonies and multiple stages. And if you've a Pristine Forge, no D-mods.
With AI cores, you can configure the system from delivering pristine ships at less than 30% of normal production, to ships with 3 additional free S-Mods and a load of D-Mods. It's a scale as well, completely up to you. Sorry, but I disagree with calling it pointless.

D) Each of these takes 1 industry slot as an upgrade - meaning that it removes any chance of real function to the colony using it until mid game. If you parse it out, this is triple the investment since any colony with one that you might want to use when the ships might still be useful will not be producing anything else. It is crippling to use mid game since slots / growth is so mean anyhow.
It's a late game feature, you are expected to use it after establishing at least one profitable colony - otherwise, that's on you. Also, no, Laboratory is a structure and does not take a slot - so it's 2.

@SirHartley - I get this mod: I get the mechanics: I get the effort and thought put into making the various bits work together. But it really doesn't work because you've not tied unique content / hulls / risk+reward together.  At the very least, you need a unique set of Ancient Dominion ships that can only be made through this mechanic to justify it.
At the moment, it's a great way to show off you know how to do mechanics - but it's terrible for a player using it. A very hacky but immediately required fix would be to force 2-4 Smods on any hull made in this manner -- and this still wouldn't justify the investment: the mod literally requires a player to only focus on this single aspect mid game for it to ever work, let alone pay off. Which it doesn't, all sane players will be abusing Marine raids for BPs.
Well, it does give you the option to add free S-Mods, you just have to use AI-Cores for it. It also lets you duplicate unique ships from Tahlan, which also kinda counts for something. I agree that for vanilla alone, it's a bit lacklustre.

Having used the Rift Mechanic, you've an issue: I selected "move to colony" - it managed to target an Outpost. You need to hit up a <subtype> flag, outposts are really not colonies (and often never in places you want your planet to rift to).
Noted, and fixed.

In general - thank you for the feedback. I do appreciate it, but your tone could be improved - you are not very polite. I do this in my free time, without pay, after all.

I haven’t gotten far enough in colony building to try that out but it sounds cool. Are the installed mods chosen at random?
Not random, there is a (relatively) smart choosing algorithm behind it. You'll probably get what you would've installed anyway!

Problem is vanilla blueprint system already works fine and this gives too small of a bang for your buck. Like avoiding all the options like finding a ship while exploring, finding it in a shop - you can build your own orbital works and order exact ships you want to get. With leagues less hassle.

Another issue is requirements - you have to maintain pretty much an industry (key word - industry - it takes a slot) that will almost 99% of the time give nothing and just drain resources unless stuffed by a core which just alleviates the drain on resources.
Pretty much the same points as above, but not rude. Thanks for that! I know, it's not ideal.

What I’d like to see is for all 4 derelict industries is to give some passive/active benefit even when not in use. Orbital works aside from being ordered to produce a specific ship still makes a lot of stuff which goes to the market making me money. Out of all 3 only one can give a passive benefit as of now and chance of it being spawned on a planet where that can take an effect is up to several rolls of dice. (About getting a ship with built-in bonus s-mods - is nice, but still waaaaay too much stuff up to chance with little payout. If you want to have an option to get a ultra mega op Legion/Paragon - sure, fine, leave it up to chance but streamline process a lot.)
Is that... useful feedback and suggestions on how to fix it? I feel like I just found a shiny pokemon.
I'll think on that, but it seems like giving them passive benefits might a good way to go. Thank you!

Spoiler
The rift generator too lies useless a lot of the time and kinda does drain on resources but at least it doesn't take a slot, plus with it I can at least see more potential with teleporting pretty much a fortress planet into an enemy system but it's still kinda random.
[close]
Nope, I disagree - the core feature is enough of an reward in my opinion! Any more and it becomes broken - and with the preview in the condition, you can choose not to colonize planets that have it in the future.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:23:46 PM by SirHartley »

sprayer2708

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 22, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »

Actually, I was implying it's way more than advertised. Might've been the wrong idiom... but I couldn't resist it given the username of the guy I quoted. Sorry, english isn't my first language and I just assumed it meant something along the lines of getting a surprise. You know, because that stuff he talked about is mostly not on the front page.
Also: Holy smokes, did you say teleporting planets?!?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 11:52:35 AM by sprayer2708 »

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 22, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »

Re - Ambassador Crashes:
I think all of you are on an old version of the mod, please update it! If the crash persists after that, let me know please, so I can address it.

Yeah, seems like updating fixed the crash with an ambassador leaving. I'll edit in the results after testing the beta core and negative relations stuff, dinner is ready, so this might take a moment.

EDIT: The beta core and the negative relations are fixed by updating as well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 12:34:34 PM by Celepito »

bob888w

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 22, 2021, 02:01:12 PM »

Hey I'm a newer user to the mod and due to nature of spoilers/industrial ruins being slightly secretive I'm a little confused how these "forge" blueprints work. I've found a alien labatory and it seems I can stick a forge BP in it, but the desc makes it sound like its just used to repair "broken" forge blueprints. Am I missing a industrial ruin building I need to find in order to make use of my BPs?

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 22, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda hate the ship component requirements. I know its just an early and an unfinished addition to the mod but it kinda breaks the game. Was able to take Qaras in my current playthrough due to it getting raided every month and finally, getting its heavy defenses disrupted. I only had a single colony which a fuel syphon in duzahk with 17k-ish income and after claiming Qaras it jumped to 260k-ish owning 67% of the market share instantly. It's also a bit annoying to keep it fed with salvaged weapons just to keep it up and running. Micromanaging is nice and all but needing to stop an expedition since everyone became scared of my faction to provide me with ship parts is kinda annoying.

The worst part is that the some AI factions don't really get the -30% d-mods on their fleet if they don't have a salvage yard (as far as I've seen).

Lorewise, spare ship parts are included inside the supplies commodity so it's kinda bit of a stretch to separate it.

I highly suggest alternative ways to produce ship components passively:
Heavy industry and Orbital works - producing small-decent amounts  ship components should be a no-brainer. Ship components shouldn't be a rarity, Starsector might be about techno-barbarism but not being techno-savages. Humans can make things, especially considering the technology level in starsector's universe.
Techmining - Techmining is pretty much useless once you have drained the ruins of its treasures other than providing miniscule amounts of supplies,fuel, and metal. Maybe add some ship components to its production.
VPC - VPCs you've made is nice addition to the industrial gameplay, it sounds like a magic item to have considering it produces things out of nowhere. If you want to keep the ship components as rare as it is, a VPC version of it should be considered.

Thats all I can think off my head. Overall, the additional things this mod adds is nice and keeps the colony management fresh. But it should be considered to not break the game too much by adding a new feature that has huge effect to the game.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 22, 2021, 03:18:30 PM »

Hey I'm a newer user to the mod and due to nature of spoilers/industrial ruins being slightly secretive I'm a little confused how these "forge" blueprints work. I've found a alien labatory and it seems I can stick a forge BP in it, but the desc makes it sound like its just used to repair "broken" forge blueprints. Am I missing a industrial ruin building I need to find in order to make use of my BPs?
Yup! Look at some others, might be something among them you need.

stuff.
Thanks for the feedback, but as you correctly noted, the current implementation is bare bones at best and clearly unfinished. Most of your suggestions have been part of the dev build for a few days now.

The quality penalty only applies if there is a shortage, and it is calculated according to the relative missing amounts (100% shortage: -30%).

I honestly don't really care about the lore parts yet, those are currently flimsy excuses for a gameplay feature I want to implement. Being able to disrupt a factions ship quality/weaken their patrols by ambushing trade fleets is the core element that I'm aiming for. I'll flesh the lore part out once I got the thing working without as intended.

People have been arguing over mod added lore since the moment the first one was made. I don't really think I can do "right" here, so I'll just do what I think is best.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 03:31:26 PM by SirHartley »

Cat in the Hat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 22, 2021, 04:16:52 PM »

In general - thank you for the feedback. I do appreciate it, but your tone could be improved - you are not very polite. I do this in my free time, without pay, after all.

Oh, this is me being polite. Here's a very real response: I only give feedback on quality and your Mod was my second post, which might make you pause and wonder why I'd bother with the feedback (and I have installed every 9.51a compatible mod and used them). Since English might be your second language, that's a compliment. Here's a tip: when someone says "blueprint" when they obviously are referring to your Mod Only Content[TM] item, cut them some slack - everyone knows I was referencing your Mod Only Content[TM] Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness or whatever, so -- don't project too hard or get defensive, this will work out a lot better.

You've some genuinely good ideas and your code/mechanics grasp is good. But certain parts of it plays like professional torture at the moment  -- prime example: you have certain trigger events on salvaging various facilities / ruins (e.g. use a blueprint Mod Only Content[TM] Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness) but these... immediately trigger the salvaging screen on chosing "Come back later". i.e. removing the conditional that spawned them (in particular research stations / wild ID events that decay on use) Likewise: realistically, which player will sacrifice a nanoforge (even a 20% corrupted) merely to remove some DMods / repair that a base skill does for free? Answer: no-one.

Your issue there? No-one, and I mean NO-ONE is going to remember a RNG spawned 1-hit loot pinata to return to RNG galaxy #8899 with a valuable item to potentiall get a middling reward. You're making content / stuff that is literally insane to 99% of players.

So: some good ideas, some terrible ones. Let's help you fix that. Oh - and nitpicking over +2 vrs +3 industry slots and not addressing the actual issue? Again - stop being so defensive. You've made something that's good: let's make it amazing.

More feedback - Courier station: I get the design ethos and even the implementation (given the vanilla UI / code) but it leads to the actual issue: as far as I can tell (and from reading historical posts about prior builds and economy and how the engine essentially just 'fudges' the numbers now) there's 100% no point in putting raw materials in any station inventory other than to use in a crisis. e.g. you cannot set up couriers like they should work -- Station X hits cap of 20,000 food > sends to Station B who then eats it or Station X hits cap 10,000 of raw ore > sends it to Station Y to process. The engine simply doesn't support what you're coding for.

The tryptch of Labatory - Forge -  Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness writer. Since making an entire set of unique ships is probably not what you want to do, I'd suggest something far more radical. Ditch the entire  Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness printing thing entirely - it's 100% not required content and unless you want to be really bold and mod out the ability for the vanilla game to simply Right Click BP > open screen > pay $400,000 > wait 1/2/4 month for ship, then let's rethink it.

The "Print from BP Mod Only Content[TM] Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness" is an idea you're sticking to because you thought it was neat and saw how to make it work. You succeded. Mechanically it's pretty damn genius. Play wise? 100% sucks. Look up what a "sunk cost" is. It's already in the game and doesn't require another version.

1) Laboratory: Crystal Lattice Tablets of Ipadness -- instead of a consumable, it's now a buff to the Lab. Each one gives a Faction wide (!!) +10% to Fleet quality. Slot in the holder, lab fixes it, you get a Faction wide buff to all planets / colonies ship quality production. You'll probably want this one to cost some resources / money to process. This also makes finding multiple ones exciting and not a "Meh, who the hell is going to want 6 x3 (18) ships of whatever in their final fleet anyhow?". You find one, you dump enough commodities in the hopper with it, you just made your entire Faction wide fleets better. Your average universe is going to spit out 10-15 of these, max. Which is a fairly strong but not too powered buff.

If you want to cap it, simply have a little power bar that fills up, scaled 1-10 (presuming +100% is your preferred cap). Get +10, get a super special hidden bonus. Oh, and +BONUS ROUND: you just solved an actual issue with the vanilla game, which is colonies having masses of dumped items in their inventories because the actual game economy totally ignores them. Now then: you also made it so that another part of your mod (Courier stations) has a real use case for it. Make the costs silly number - we're talking 100,000 commods at higher tiers.

Well done: you've just solved two issues with your mod and one from the vanilla game. 100% success.

Player: "Why am I building Courier Stations when the actual game economy totally ignores that part of the equation and lugging 100,000 ore to an AI station is peanuts when I can sell AI cores"?

Answer: Because you want to send them all to your Laboratory base to get those sweet sweet Fleet Quality buffs.

2) Hull Forge - yes, I understand the mechanics. Referencing sacrificing 10-12 ships to get the deconstruct was obvious. So, again, let's do something different with this. What do players have by mid - late game in the 100's that have zero use (apart from feeding to Pirates to create farming fleets)? Yep: redundant BLUEPRINTS. So, let's use that. We throw BLUEPRINTS and materials into the hopper (and scale it to rarity here - common weapon or common freighter? meh, not many points - top tier Atlas print, now we're talking) OR hulls (this ... is probably outside of the scope of your current code, so ignore that unless you want to jink in the stuff you've already coded with "sacrifice hull" > "give hull" in events, but for points). So what's a fully powered up Hull Forge going to do for us that the Lab hasn't already and that we need? Let's keep it basic and make it give Faction wide +% to fleet size.

And cost out the points etc and the tiers - if we're doing 1-10, scale it so getting to +7 (+70%) is gonna take ~500 or so BLUEPRINTS depending on quality. You understand math, it's an easy log calc.

Player: "Meh, why do I bother looting? My pirates have full Triangle of DOOM fleets and I have 10,000 of these redundant BPs in my storage"

Industry Mod: What if I told you that you could convert those into MASSIVE DOOM FLEETS OF YOUR OWN?

Side benefit: it will make the otherwise underpowered Privateer base that gets 100% insta ganked by the AI.... actually dangerous. HOLY CRUD. WE JUST SOLVED ANOTHER ISSUE WITH THE MOD, WE'RE ON A ROLL! If you're worried about power-creep, just make it -50% to stationed fleets (aka, defensive ones) and full bonus to offensive ones (aka your privateers).

3) Deconstruct Forge. Ok, so - let's do something a little different and more exciting, given that anything vanilla you do with deconstructing is open to player abusing it (i.e. use the vanilla way to make ships > feed to forge, unlimited power). So, let's make this one clever. Each ship fed to the Forge ticks off a unique ID (the... list of unique ship IDs). It's pokemon for Nihilists. What's the buff? Let's add some Lore stuff in here - AI Simulation Threat and Nullification Matrix. +1-10 ....  that adds +X% damage to each hull on the list **BUT** gives a Faction wide +x% cost to making hulls. Scale it 1-10 for ease --- yep. You feed the horror AI run Forge enough different hulls, you're rocking +50% DPS, but you're also running +100% cost on each hull. (And... you can be mean here and add in a hidden coda where [REDACTED] are secretly hacking your source code and get a 10% DR (damage reduction) instead).

e.g. (note: I'm not going to pull up the vanilla list - given the # of mods that add hulls, you'll just make these flat percentages. i.e. X% of TOTAL UNIQUE ID loaded)

Code

20% unique hull types -- +5% damage to said hulls
30% - 10%
Underpants Gnomes, the math is easy
100%  unique hull types- +50% to each hull type in game
Underpants Gnome says don't forget to fake add certain mission hulls otherwise you'll get a bug where you'll never hit the top tier - for these (unique) ones, just add a 'if owned / captured' hidden flag)

This one is also adds massive weighting to all those "meh, not gonna bother using a Story point for **THAT** tiny hull" salvage cases if you get clever with it. What if I told you to make certain hulls... only recoverable from salvage? Suddenly all those debris fields  / mass looting of junk in the mid-late game are 100% pointless suddenly now has a use. DPS.... the ultimate player driver. There will be complaints they're not common enough.

~~~

See? Easy. And that's all possible using the code you're running to essentially make a really long winded and boring version of "Right Click BP, click tab, select ship, click make".

~

Good code / mechanics. No vision ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:10:22 PM by Cat in the Hat »

Celepito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 22, 2021, 04:44:44 PM »

-snip-

How about you cut out all that entitlement issue you have bottled up in that post, and write it down again in a more calm and collected manner, so no one else has to vomit reading that.

Cat in the Hat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 22, 2021, 04:48:38 PM »

How about you cut out all that entitlement issue you have bottled up in that post, and write it down again in a more calm and collected manner, so no one else has to vomit reading that.

Anyone using the word "entitlement" in 2021 is not someone who knows what's going on.

Read the edited one, the tone is tongue in cheek. Three good ideas to solve redundancy and good mechanics that have no application in a single post. Also, I can code it out, but that would be rude to the actual mod maker.

~Oh, and BONUS ROUND #2 -- this also offsets the entire 2 industry slots required thing, since the player is actively engaging with the upgrade and supplying it with materials while playing to get progressively larger bonuses all while the industry slot is being used.

Wham! Meta-issue with the passive industry slot usage also solved. You're welcome.

I added some

PLAYER SAYS
MODDER SAYS

Conversations you can skip to for it to make sense for you. Your desire for easy understanding is not entitlement, so I made it simple for you. **HAPPY CAMPER**

~

Oh and for the record - creating synergy between already coded stuff is kinda a skill. The Ze (Male?) makes it for free, the solution to making it amazing is also given for free. But Synergy -is a real expensive skill, just for the "entitlement" issue here.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 05:03:36 PM by Cat in the Hat »

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 23, 2021, 12:29:11 AM »

Thank you for taking the time writing that out.
It has some good ideas, some bad ideas, and some misunderstandings.

I won't comment on your points, since I can't read that without getting annoyed at you, and I prefer catching the meaning instead of the word for my improvement cards.

I'll think on some of the things you noted. This would have gone over a lot better if you skipped the attitude.

Thanks again~
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 157