Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157

Author Topic: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion  (Read 1266684 times)

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Industrial.Evolution 3.3.e - Campaign content expansion
« Reply #2310 on: March 28, 2024, 11:42:01 AM »

The tech tree, the research linked to it and the improved fertilizer are from Ashes of the Domain, not Ind.Evo.

IverHR

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 28, 2024, 12:46:03 PM »

My bad! Went to the Ashes thread now, someone already figured it out

Thanks!

erathia

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 30, 2024, 01:09:17 AM »

Sooo let's talk about compatibility..
especially with AoTD

Been testing out the differents colonies mods together and been pretty shocked that now these two dont works together, but on my earlier game, in .96, everything was working like a charm.

[Issue]
Centralization Bureau does not detect the custom industries added by VoK (vault of knowledge):
-Fracking
-Subsidized Farming

[what's supposed to happen]
The centralization bureau tooltips should show the industries that are in duplicate in the system and boosts them accordingly, doesnt work if i have a regular AI Core inside, or a logistics core

[things i tried]
I downgraded the subsidized farming and the fracking to their vanilla counterparts, and now they are seen by the centralization bureau, maybe there's a tag or a list we can add the industries to? to make it compatible?

Linked are the screen of the tooltips on the custom industries, and then the tolltips when i downgraded the industries to their vanilla variants

Droll

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 30, 2024, 07:29:06 AM »

Sooo let's talk about compatibility..
especially with AoTD

Been testing out the differents colonies mods together and been pretty shocked that now these two dont works together, but on my earlier game, in .96, everything was working like a charm.

[Issue]
Centralization Bureau does not detect the custom industries added by VoK (vault of knowledge):
-Fracking
-Subsidized Farming

[what's supposed to happen]
The centralization bureau tooltips should show the industries that are in duplicate in the system and boosts them accordingly, doesnt work if i have a regular AI Core inside, or a logistics core

[things i tried]
I downgraded the subsidized farming and the fracking to their vanilla counterparts, and now they are seen by the centralization bureau, maybe there's a tag or a list we can add the industries to? to make it compatible?

Linked are the screen of the tooltips on the custom industries, and then the tolltips when i downgraded the industries to their vanilla variants

Inside IndEvo there is a file under data/config/indEvo called "bureau_industry_whitelist.csv". That file lists all of the industries that the bureau will search for duplicates. All you have to do is create a new file under the vaults of knowledge mod data/config/indEvo/bureau_industry_whitelist.csv and then add the ids of the AotD industries to that new whitelist file. That way when the game loads the mods, those files will get merged and you'll have all the industries in AotD also be considered for centralization bonuses.

Note: I've attached a txt version of the file I use, you will need to turn it into a csv using libreoffice or excel. You might also want to remove "tourism" as in my game I made a custom code patch for indevo that increases the "direct" income of artisanal farming and the resort, since you don't have that patch the resort will only have it's luxury demand increase.

Edit: I just realized that this is actually the indevo, not AotD thread, given what I've said above, it would probably be more convenient if you made this compatibility request on AoTDs end. That way Hartley doesn't have to keep up with all the mods that add industries, especially through mod updates and each author can decide the level of centralization integration with IndEvo themselves.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:33:50 AM by Droll »

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 31, 2024, 03:37:30 PM »

Wish the Automated Shipyard had some unique ships to pay out, with how much flare it has.
It has a 10% chance to spew out a super-automated ship that doesn't require the skill to use.
Could you please elaborate? Is that actually a 10% chance? Is it in any way affected by the type/quality/size of the ships I'm sacrificing?
I've mocked about with it a bit with save scumming, and it seems to insist to always give me a Conquest or Odyssey with D-mods, even if I'm sacrificing my entire fleet, or spawning multiple radiants with console commands.

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 01, 2024, 06:21:13 AM »

Wish the Automated Shipyard had some unique ships to pay out, with how much flare it has.
It has a 10% chance to spew out a super-automated ship that doesn't require the skill to use.
Could you please elaborate? Is that actually a 10% chance? Is it in any way affected by the type/quality/size of the ships I'm sacrificing?
I've mocked about with it a bit with save scumming, and it seems to insist to always give me a Conquest or Odyssey with D-mods, even if I'm sacrificing my entire fleet, or spawning multiple radiants with console commands.
It pregenerates a list of ships it will throw out on any given attempt. Which one you get is dependent on the total value of sacrificed craft, but you'll always get one from the list and you only get a new list by taking one of them. So at most you can check the various ships on offer and if none is to your liking, just waste the attempt.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 01, 2024, 03:30:09 PM »

Yes, it's flat 10% on every roll, there are no ways to manipulate the chance.
Ships you sacrifice don't matter, only the DP of sacrifices does. The shipyard generates a random ship that costs less DP than the combined sacrifices. So if you want smaller ships, don't sacrifice too much at once. Again, none of this has any effect on the chance of getting an automated ship.
When you do get an automated ship, it can be cloned using the hull deconstructor / hull forge, and the copies will also be automated.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 02, 2024, 02:55:17 AM »

Yes, it's flat 10% on every roll, there are no ways to manipulate the chance.
Ships you sacrifice don't matter, only the DP of sacrifices does. The shipyard generates a random ship that costs less DP than the combined sacrifices. So if you want smaller ships, don't sacrifice too much at once. Again, none of this has any effect on the chance of getting an automated ship.
When you do get an automated ship, it can be cloned using the hull deconstructor / hull forge, and the copies will also be automated.
My question is, is that "automated ship" even implemented yet?
I've noticed there's a new hidden ship class, which the game will occasionally flash when I'm opening the game menu. I can see it and summon it through the console commands, but it has a whole 1 point of hull health and something like 14 armour, one built-in weapon slot with no weapon in it, and a bunch of modules attached. Looks like unfinished ship. Or perhaps it's intentionally this way so it cannot be cheated in...?

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: April 02, 2024, 04:37:17 AM »

It's not some new ship, the station generates a random existing hull type and slaps the super-automated ship tag onto it 10% of the time. The same one Sentinel AI ships use in vanilla. So you can get an automated Conquest, an automated Gremlin, etc.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 02, 2024, 06:09:08 AM »

It's not some new ship, the station generates a random existing hull type and slaps the super-automated ship tag onto it 10% of the time. The same one Sentinel AI ships use in vanilla. So you can get an automated Conquest, an automated Gremlin, etc.
Thanks a lot for clarification.
Still hoping the next update brings the unique ship though ^^

Elsepth

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 02, 2024, 03:33:54 PM »

(3.3.e)
Hi! Love IndEvo! I found a bug where Hidden Arcology won't build?

EDIT: Never mind - it seems to be already fixed in the source on github - I look forward to seeing the next patch!  :)

Original Post, for anyone else who comes looking for this
I think this came in pretty recently when Hidden Arcology was forbidden from gas giants. I don't think this has been properly reported yet? Though some people have posted about it not working in the discord.

[Issue]
"Hidden Arcology" Governance type was unselectable on various planets.

[Investigation]
Diving into the source turned up the following in \src\indevo\industries\changeling\industry\population\HiddenArcologiesSubIndustry.java :

Code
    @Override
    public boolean isAvailableToBuild() {
        return super.isAvailableToBuild() && market.getPrimaryEntity() instanceof PlanetAPI && !market.getPrimaryEntity().hasTag(Tags.GAS_GIANT) && ((PlanetAPI) market.getPrimaryEntity()).getTypeId().contains("lava");
    }

@Override
    public String getUnavailableReason() {
        if (!(market.getPrimaryEntity() instanceof PlanetAPI)) return "Unavailable on stations";
        if (market.getPrimaryEntity().hasTag(Tags.GAS_GIANT)) return "Unavailable on gas giants";
        if (market.getPrimaryEntity().hasTag(Tags.GAS_GIANT)) return "Can not build a bunker in lava";
        return super.getUnavailableReason();
    }
Well!

[Testing]
So off I went to the nearest uninhabited volcanic world, I slapped down a colony, and sure enough, Hidden Arcology for 125,000 credits.

[Recommendations]
- Needs ! before the lava check in isAvailableToBuild()
- Replace other gas giant check with lava check in getUnavailableReason()

Hope this helps :D
[close]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 04:17:56 PM by Elsepth »

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 03, 2024, 04:07:01 PM »

Having now been able to fully play around with the Reverse Engineering building, that is, to reverse engineer XIV (vanilla and modded) to be able to build them myself and add them to my patrol fleets, since I'm doing an Ironshell commission run.. There's just the one little issue.

Far as I am aware, you cannot reverse engineer strikecraft or weapons. So even if I manage to get most of the XIV ships (Be that vanilla or modded) I cannot outfit them with strikecraft and weapons that are for the most part, added by mods (Ironshell mostly for XIV stuff, but Tahal Starworks, BigBeans, etc, Basically any mod that also adds unique and special weapons/strikecraft) Which don't generally have any blueprints available to find or buy off the Prism Starport.. as far as I've figured out in my current 15+ year long game.

So uh.. Yeah, would be cool if we could reverse engineer weapons and strikecraft as well as the ship hulls.

In other news though: I've been able to reverse engineer a bunch of the Explorarium ships and most of the XIV ship types so.. I love this building.

Darkwhip

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 05, 2024, 03:41:39 PM »

Could you add configuration values to the hull decon to enable you to change how many charges the template it outputs has by default?
Also another to change how many of each ship is needed to reverse engineer a ship, or give us the option to ignore the automatic construction hullmod.

TechBro4Life

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 06, 2024, 07:51:13 PM »

Hello, I really enjoy this mod, however I don't like artillery, I know there is an option to disable it for new game but I would like to keep playing my current game, is there any console command I can run to delete it from my current game?  Sorry for being "weak boned"  ;D, I just wanna play for fun, I am not here to prove anything.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 08:09:05 PM by TechBro4Life »

Strauss_hd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 07, 2024, 06:34:50 AM »

Hi all,
I got trouble with this mod when I try using Hull Forge.
Most of unique ships and some other ships from different mod unable to be print using Hull Forge.
Example: Zigurratt Class [Origina],  Paragon (FYS) [Bird's Collection mod], Sunburst [Lost Sector mod]
All have similar issue with error message like below :

java.lang.RuntimeException: Hullmod null not found!
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.HullVariantSpec.getAllMods(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetMember.updateStats(Unknown Source)
   at indevo.industries.derelicts.industry.HullForge.addBuiltInHullmods(HullForge.java:423)
   at indevo.industries.derelicts.industry.HullForge.printShip(HullForge.java:284)
   at indevo.industries.derelicts.industry.HullForge.onNewDay(HullForge.java:159)
   at indevo.utils.timers.TimeTracker.onNewDay(TimeTracker.java:136)
   at indevo.utils.timers.TimeTracker.advance(TimeTracker.java:117)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Is there any thing need to be added or change in the setting / hull / hullmods file ?

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157