Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1561638 times)

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54a] Uomoz's Corvus 16.5: POWER BLOCS (Factions Collection)
« Reply #1485 on: February 08, 2013, 01:15:10 PM »

I definitely wouldn't mind my name showing up as the head of a boss fleet, perhaps leading a rather large swarm of frigates and destroyers.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: February 08, 2013, 01:36:52 PM »

Awww, I would love to have my own fleet in this event thingie- 300 pts of Hounds armed with Heavy Maulers and light needlers. :P

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: February 08, 2013, 02:42:06 PM »

^ Now THAT would be an awesome fleet to fight  :P

Anyways, one thing I've noticed in the latest dev is that no matter how much the boss fleet declares that it is tired of pillaging, it will continue to chase around any and all other fleets, causing it to never actually stop its pillage.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: February 08, 2013, 03:00:23 PM »

Happy 100 pages of awesomeness. :)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: February 08, 2013, 03:26:19 PM »

Happy 100 pages of awesomeness. :)

Thanks!

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: February 08, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

I'll be happy to whip up a boss fleet, just give me an Admiral level to shoot for and I'll design an appropriate fleet and set of variants (Can the fleets employ player skills, or is it just down to composition and variant shenanigans?)

Have a blast at it! you can go from a 25 point fleet to a 300 point. It's just about composition, variant, and relationship stuff (like: " he's the boss of xxx mercenary fleet so he's allied with x y z and hates Admiral Uomoz cuz hes a pirate). PM me the stuff.

I have a simple idea that you could use to kick-start several quests. Plant a Bounty Office on one of the planets. The player can go there and receive possible encounters that get more difficult as you progress. You can tie a lot of different encounters into one starting point that way. I don't mind throwing together some story-line and names for you if you like the idea. There's no reason you can't use regular variants either. Just put some ships together, add a little story explanation and away you go. Doesn't have to be complicated since this is the first time we've seen this implementation.

That's interesting and I can simply use the abandoned storage instead of adding new stations.

I suppose this might be too much to ask, but wouldn't it be interesting if attacking a faction repeatedly within a relatively short time-frame would cause various effects?

That is, every faction would have a certain amount of wealth.  Attack them enough to be worried about you, and if the faction has enough wealth, they would start spawning in much larger fleets (the small fleets for that faction would disappear, just like how in WW2 the Allied navies stopped sending ships out alone in the Atlantic) and would hire mercenary boss fleets that would come from outside of the system and target the player's fleet and hunt them down. 

If you kill enough ships for a particular faction, you would actually drain them of resources, and they would no longer be able to afford mercenaries, and their fleets would get smaller, and eventually they'd leave the system.

That's actually a little bit off the scope of this compilation. All this stuff could be related to vanilla gameplay pretty soon, so I won't touch that for now.

Another issue...do the transports actually transport anything?  I intercept the transport fleets sometimes, and win the battle, but I don't get a huge amount of loot like one would expect if you had actually intercepted a fleet carrying the goods to restock a station.

They don't transport for enemy factions (so you can't buy anything from the stations they go for) but I see your point. I'll modify that.

I definitely wouldn't mind my name showing up as the head of a boss fleet, perhaps leading a rather large swarm of frigates and destroyers.

Like in the first response, PM me.

Awww, I would love to have my own fleet in this event thingie- 300 pts of Hounds armed with Heavy Maulers and light needlers. :P

Like above. PM me the details. ;)

^ Now THAT would be an awesome fleet to fight  :P

Anyways, one thing I've noticed in the latest dev is that no matter how much the boss fleet declares that it is tired of pillaging, it will continue to chase around any and all other fleets, causing it to never actually stop its pillage.

Trying to solve that right now! There's no easy way to make a fleet forcefully despawn though.

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: February 08, 2013, 07:07:17 PM »

Can't you just use:

fleet.addAssignment(FleetAssignment.GO_TO_LOCATION_AND_DESPAWN, getAnchor(), 1);

BrickedKeyboard

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: February 10, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »

Can anyone check the code and find out what the ship system "rune" does?

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: February 10, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »

At a glance, it basically makes for near instant weapon/engine repairs after they get disabled,

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: February 11, 2013, 05:40:29 AM »

Can't you just use:

fleet.addAssignment(FleetAssignment.GO_TO_LOCATION_AND_DESPAWN, getAnchor(), 1);

This do not force it to despawn after 1 day :(. It just make it fly around like Raiding (it couldn't complete the trip to the despawn location so it won't do it and will keep roaming around).

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: February 11, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »

Made Boss fleet correctly spawning and despawning, plus added a new random event *secret*.

Adding new events will be super easy, so PM me any ideas (and\or give your name for an enemy admiral) ;)

Stable DEV5: http://www.mediafire.com/?7as6f9khfx93yuj
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 07:21:00 AM by Uomoz »

EnderNerdcore

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: February 11, 2013, 02:12:00 PM »

Made Boss fleet correctly spawning and despawning, plus added a new random event *secret*.

Adding new events will be super easy, so PM me any ideas (and\or give your name for an enemy admiral) ;)

How did you get the despawning to work?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »

How did you get the despawning to work?

Manipulating the "event" faction's relationship. When they have to get back i set them neutral to all and they just go smoothly back to base.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: February 12, 2013, 07:21:35 AM »

For all New Enemy Admirals, if you want specific (non-stock) variants for your BOSS fleet, please provide them to me via PM or skype ;)

theSONY

• Admiral
  • Not a single Flux given
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: February 12, 2013, 07:51:19 AM »

choked on results screen after battle with some lord dude
Spoiler
1911828 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id thule_einherjer_SHIP not found
1912844 [Thread-6] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore  - Description with id thule_einherjer_SHIP not found
2477672 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 289,52 MB of texture data so far
2483141 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.StackOverflowError
java.lang.StackOverflowError
   at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1270)
   at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1281)
   at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1210)
   at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:159)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.Ö??000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.syncIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getHangarSpace(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.ô??000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.syncIfNeeded(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.getHangarSpace(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.FleetData.ô??000(Unknown Source)
[close]

if you want specific (non-stock) variants for your BOSS fleet, please provide them to me via PM or skype ;)

any tip how to find player variant ship info in the game ? or just via screen or anything 
-the ABOMINATION - in progress
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 275