Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1561191 times)

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*
« Reply #3780 on: June 01, 2014, 05:22:12 AM »

+1

Finding a way to somewhat add other faction to the mod would be a huge plus. It's sad that some factions like Citadel/Neutrino/Gedune etc aren't available for us to toy with, even if they aren't integrated to the crafting system.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: June 01, 2014, 05:28:10 AM »

Absolutely valid points. Will make the whole station stuff bound to my mod alone in next version. Also making all the unsellable BP sellable again for half the gain.

Taverius

• Captain
  • Mistake not ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: June 01, 2014, 05:47:30 AM »

Also making all the unsellable BP sellable again for half the gain.
I don't really mind how much I get for mining pods so long as I can get rid of them :)
No faction is truly established without a themed Buffalo (TAG) variant.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3783 on: June 01, 2014, 05:52:06 AM »

On a somewhat similar note, is there a means to get rid of duplicate blueprints, after activating the Void Walkers station?

Because though there's obviously no non-hostile parties to sell those blueprints, I find it cathartic (and efficient) to prune the lists(s) of needless copies.

Unless there's some hidden benefit to that?

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: June 01, 2014, 06:00:50 AM »

On a somewhat similar note, is there a means to get rid of duplicate blueprints, after activating the Void Walkers station?

Because though there's obviously no non-hostile parties to sell those blueprints, I find it cathartic (and efficient) to prune the lists(s) of needless copies.

That's a good question: A blueprint update system is in the making (fusing your previous bp with a new one of the same ship to give the ships produced a buff), but I have little time lately to actually script. I'll find a temporary solution.

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: June 01, 2014, 09:25:34 AM »

That's a good question: A blueprint update system is in the making (fusing your previous bp with a new one of the same ship to give the ships produced a buff), but I have little time lately to actually script. I'll find a temporary solution.

In this blueprints overhaul, do you plan on making it a bit less random? It doesn't make much sense that you'd just trade your blueprint at random. (not to mention annoying when you get the same useless civilian ship over and over.)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: June 01, 2014, 10:20:56 AM »

In this blueprints overhaul, do you plan on making it a bit less random? It doesn't make much sense that you'd just trade your blueprint at random. (not to mention annoying when you get the same useless civilian ship over and over.)

Not really, part of the flavor of the mod is the random factor, the fact that you can't rely on predefined purchases/plans, and you have to do with what you find.

Hellkyte

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: June 02, 2014, 04:54:28 PM »

Damnit.....I fail at reading

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: June 02, 2014, 05:47:14 PM »

I keep getting a message Interstellar Imperium getship broken, I am using the dev version

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: June 02, 2014, 05:54:20 PM »

I keep getting a message Interstellar Imperium getship broken, I am using the dev version

yeah I need to add civ ships to them :D

Hellkyte

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: June 02, 2014, 07:19:34 PM »

Is there a decent guide on how to start this?   The first 4 games I started I was too weak to fight anything I could find, and I couldn't figure out how to make any money.  In the last 2 games I started I was attacked by a massive fleet before I even left hyperspace.   I feel like I might be missing something, is there a video guide somewhere or...anything?

edit:  Also every save game copy I load seems to crash.  

ed: damnit, didn't read the front again.,.....
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:11:36 PM by Hellkyte »

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: June 03, 2014, 01:03:41 AM »

Scuttle a ship to get some fuel so you can stop drifting in hyperspace.
Is there a decent guide on how to start this?   The first 4 games I started I was too weak to fight anything I could find, and I couldn't figure out how to make any money.  In the last 2 games I started I was attacked by a massive fleet before I even left hyperspace.   I feel like I might be missing something, is there a video guide somewhere or...anything?

edit:  Also every save game copy I load seems to crash.  

ed: damnit, didn't read the front again.,.....

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: June 03, 2014, 03:21:03 AM »

Scuttle a ship to get some fuel so you can stop drifting in hyperspace.

Not really worth scuttling a ship for some fuel, just let yourself drifting to the closest gravity well and go buy some of it at the nearest independent station. If you got caught by the Mayorate fleet at the beginning, just start a new game, not worth trying to survive them.

Otherwise, my old comment is still valid.

Starting first with a faction seems easier to me, you can directly buy ships and weapons for your fleet. When you have one or two destroyers and start having trouble dealing with the supply cost, you can leave the faction and take the voidwalker station (don't forget to take all your stuffs you left at the previous station or else it will be lost).

The easiest to me was to start with a low-tech faction. Supply cost won't penalize you as much as higher-tech factions like BRDY or TTs. Getting an early carrier with a bunch of Talons and Thunders (Thunders are good enough bomber early to mid game, Talons to swarm the enemies ships, Foxbats are pretty good cannon fodder too.) can give you easy victories against most enemies. The good thing with fighter is that you won't lose them even if they get destroyed during the battle, which is a huge deal as losing even one frigate hurt a lot. You won't level up as fast though (as losing ships give you additional exp).

I like to get my early skill points in technology, getting Navigation perks is pretty much vital as everyone will try to murder you. Computer systems and mechanical engineering also give your fleet some precious OPs for your ships. Construction is good too, especially if you field a lot of low-tech fighters. Don't get field repairs as it will drain your supplies faster, trying to repair your ships. It's usually better to avoid combat until you get back to your station for repair.

You'll also be forced to take leadership after you reach a certain amount of ships in your fleet. Fleet logistic is absolutely needed, the two others, not so much.

I usually don't like the combat skill tree. Sure it will make your flagship an absolute monster but it won't benefit the rest of your fleet and you can't solo most fleets, especially early game when you don't have a lot of perks.

Also choose carefully your targets. Pirates and independents are easy prey early game as their ships aren't very armed or shielded. Low-tech factions are usually without surprise while high-tech tends to have toys very hard to deal with (phase ships, teleporters...) at the beginning.

A bit outdated (no more foxbats in the campaign) and getting your hands on some fighters is harder than before (you have to get the fighter AND the carrier for them to work).

Hounds, Foxhounds, Cerberus and Lashers are still extremely cost efficient ships early to mid game. Don't bother with their TuP variant (other than the Foxhound), they have less OPs, which is a huge handicap early on.

When you farmed enough weapons and blueprints, ditch the faction you joined and activate the Void Walker station. The VW station is better than faction's stations when you need more supplies but it won't produce any weapons for your fleet.

pyg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3793 on: June 04, 2014, 07:50:47 AM »

I agree with HELMUT's advice w/regards to strategy.  It gets a lot easier once you get a carrier and some fighters.  I like the Boartusk (sp?) as a decent early fighter.  You can also leave a faction and join a different one unless you are Banned.  I do this sometimes in order to trade blueprints I specifically want/need, then leave that faction and fight it to get parts.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3794 on: June 04, 2014, 08:38:52 AM »

I agree with HELMUT's advice w/regards to strategy.  It gets a lot easier once you get a carrier and some fighters.  I like the Boartusk (sp?) as a decent early fighter.  You can also leave a faction and join a different one unless you are Banned.  I do this sometimes in order to trade blueprints I specifically want/need, then leave that faction and fight it to get parts.
I wouldn't recommend attacking Independents early on, even if you belong to a faction (and especially if you don't!) Not that they are difficult targets, but rather because having hostile relations with the Indies will severely limit your operational range You'll be forced to return to your faction's stations to refuel, repair, and rearm, whereas if you are on good terms with the independents, you can sell, repair, and restock in most of the systems in the game.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 275