Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1561205 times)

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *TuP poll in the OP*
« Reply #3735 on: May 21, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »

Anyway, I'll post a poll somewhere to make people rate TuP ships. I'll have more ships/factions incoming soon so I have to trim down the TuP part a little, especially the redundancies.

Redundancies?  :( Wait, did you cut the Timberwolves already?

Personally I feel that 'redundant' ships add to the RP. Not every ship should be great. Having average or even bad ships make things more interesting. There's also the fact that you start at the bottom, and claw your way up to better ships. Also, the problem with a poll is that people are more likely to vote high for the ships they like piloting. While having certain 'impopular' ships in AI fleets is great. Finally, some ships seem to be missing (42 present out of 57). I couldn't find the Buckler, for instance, while it is already in UsS?

Your compilation, of course! Just my two cents.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:08:55 AM by Erick Doe »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: May 21, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »

Anyway, I'll post a poll somewhere to make people rate TuP ships. I'll have more ships/factions incoming soon so I have to trim down the TuP part a little, especially the redundancies.

Redundancies?  :( Wait, did you cut the Timberwolves already?

Personally I feel that 'redundant' ships add to the RP. Not every ship should be great. Having average or even bad ships make things more interesting. There's also the fact that you start at the bottom, and claw your way up to better ships. Also, the problem with a poll is that people are more likely to vote high for the ships they like piloting. While having certain 'impopular' ships in AI fleets is great. Finally, some ships seem to be missing (42 present out of 57). I couldn't find the Buckler, for instance, while it is already in UsS?

Your compilation, of course! Just my two cents.  ;)

You think I would actually keep only good ships even if they are rated higher? The redundancy is about role/gameplay/idea, nothing to do with underpowerness. Also the pool title asks something different then opinions about rough power. I think you are overprotective about this Erick :D.

EDIT: added the Buckler, all the other ships are not in UsS anyway so they are not in the poll.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 08:25:44 AM by Uomoz »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: May 21, 2014, 09:20:09 AM »

No no! Just worried about how the poll would work. There's nothing wrong with making cuts to eliminate elements of lesser quality.

Shield

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: May 21, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »

Anyone else getting not responding when trying to load a game? I have made several new games and each time it does that, not sure what to say about that

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: May 21, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »

Is it me or is it overly-difficult to find any military-class ships, even frigates?  I've actually never seen a single Lasher (rather standard low-tech frigate) in either of the Hegemony stations, and I've only seen one destroyer (the Hammerhead, which I promptly snatched up).  Is it supposed to be THAT hard to acquire military-grade ships?  TuP ships seem to have invaded the entire sector! ;)
(I'm about 3 months into the game and level 4, with me switching between the Corvus, Askonia, and Junk Pirate systems)
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: May 21, 2014, 03:44:41 PM »

Seems pretty random to me. Sometimes I see a lot of the same ships, and then suddenly they're no where to be found for a while. Right now I'm in Corvus and almost every fleet (pirate or Hegemony) seems to have Lashers, Strikers, Striker Mk2's and Bloodhounds, Cerberuses (Cerberi) and Wolfpacks for frigates.

Grug

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: May 21, 2014, 04:03:02 PM »

Yes, inside the stations. The fact that joining a faction doesn't give me any especial access to the faction's basic military warships at any point is absurd. Not only that, but I'm unable to increase my standing with the faction past 'friendly.'

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: May 21, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »

Not only that, but I'm unable to increase my standing with the faction past 'friendly.'

I believe 'friendly' is the best standing you can have with a faction in Starsector atm.

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: May 21, 2014, 04:39:28 PM »

I know I may be asking a lot here, but is it possible you could release a version without ShaderLib? My graphics card is old and has little support for any type of shader, so it has made it impossible to do any type of combat because my frames fall into the single digits. If even possible could you give me instruction on how I could manually disable its features? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: May 21, 2014, 05:01:30 PM »

I know I may be asking a lot here, but is it possible you could release a version without ShaderLib? My graphics card is old and has little support for any type of shader, so it has made it impossible to do any type of combat because my frames fall into the single digits. If even possible could you give me instruction on how I could manually disable its features? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think you can completely disable any Shaderlib feature through the settings file inside Shaderlib main folder. Set enableShaders, enableLights, enableDistortion, enableBloom to false, or try any combinations. The way this is set up I cannot allow a game to start without Shaderlib if I want to use its features at all.

Not only that, but I'm unable to increase my standing with the faction past 'friendly.'

I believe 'friendly' is the best standing you can have with a faction in Starsector atm.

True!

Is it me or is it overly-difficult to find any military-class ships, even frigates?  I've actually never seen a single Lasher (rather standard low-tech frigate) in either of the Hegemony stations, and I've only seen one destroyer (the Hammerhead, which I promptly snatched up).  Is it supposed to be THAT hard to acquire military-grade ships?  TuP ships seem to have invaded the entire sector! ;)
(I'm about 3 months into the game and level 4, with me switching between the Corvus, Askonia, and Junk Pirate systems)

Yeap, completely nerfed the "buying" ship mechanic. But you can always trade external blueprints for ones of your faction, or clear some bounties (the ship rewars are always military grade).

Anyone else getting not responding when trying to load a game? I have made several new games and each time it does that, not sure what to say about that

Have you properly set up the vparams file as described in the OP?

EDIT: the poll is already showing some interesting results overall (after trimming down some "highly biased" values xD).

« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:17:36 PM by Uomoz »

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: May 21, 2014, 06:24:48 PM »

after trimming down some "highly biased" values xD
I think I voted twice. Did the poll not reset after you added the Buckler? I re-took the poll after you did. Voted 5 on the ships I like and 4 on the ones I don't like as much, so if my votes counted twice then yes, that would've messed up the poll.  :D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: May 21, 2014, 07:07:51 PM »

I can personally vouch for the Foxhound being the literal bane of anything that has shields...lol.  And I'm gonna miss the Talus in the next version. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Euqocelbbog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: May 21, 2014, 08:39:01 PM »

I'm pretty alright with purchasing of ships being "nerfed"; it reinforces the spirit of making do with whatever you can get your hands on that I find so fun in this mod and it makes those times that you do find a good ship in the store to be more special.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: May 22, 2014, 04:50:16 AM »

Uomoz, I watched your stream. You do know the Hermit has shields now right, like you requested?  :D

Your weapons were down, your flux was 0, but you didn't raise them and continued to take a beating. So I thought maybe you'd forgotten about the shields being added.

spudcosmic

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: May 22, 2014, 06:51:02 AM »

Hey, I wanted to thank you for letting me know about that setting file for ShaderLib, I'm good to go now!

I haven't been playing for long but I wanted to point out that I'm having trouble finding destroyer sized cargo freighters in shops. I read about how  you nerfed ship buying, but you also pointed out that they keep civilian vessels stocked, so am I really unlucky or is there a problem here?

Also, I wanted to know, if there is any mining/trade system in place, or is the main source of profit in this mod from looting ships?

Edit: Just wanted to point out that the atlas superfreighter can not be converted into TuP civilian cruiser version of the atlas.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:58:28 AM by spudcosmic »
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 275