Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1549113 times)

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.2 (Mods Collection) [upd.22\01]
« Reply #3585 on: April 20, 2014, 05:10:01 PM »

you kill people, they drop crew. ::)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: April 20, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »

Slave-taking.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: April 20, 2014, 05:30:13 PM »

I'd prefer the term "Indentured Servitude"   :P
I really don't know what I'm doing...

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: April 20, 2014, 05:50:56 PM »

I prefer "rescuing their lifepods and they decide to stay on"....which is why it's such a small amount of crew compared to some of the ships lol

dmaiski

• Captain
  • resistance is futile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: April 20, 2014, 06:08:54 PM »

"rescuing their lifepods and they decide to stay on"

;D you know those 3-5 supplies you get when you win a battle in Uomoz's? ;D

well yes, i allways give my captured enemies a choice

A) join my crew, enjoy a life of piracy, and get a decent pay check if you survive
B) "well, if you don't feel like joining us... the bioreactor always needs fresh protein"

i also provide all prospective recruits with these wonderfull T-shirts for free:
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:13:57 PM by dmaiski »
BISO
(WIP) lots of shiny new weapons ( :-[ i have more weapons then sprites :-[ )

i got a cat pad
its like a mouse pad but better!

TheKillerWolf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: April 20, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »

As a captain i try to stay positive with everyone on my ships so my answers tend to be a little "Morning Person" even after a hard earned victory ie holes in the ship leaking atmosphere that sorta stuff.

1) Welcome recruit!!!

2) Sorry to hear that friend!!! Enjoy your stay in the vacuum!!!

Buffered

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: April 21, 2014, 07:26:37 PM »

Just noticed in my game that the two wings of Krait fighters I had manufactured unlike the one I had purchased had no replacement chassis even though they were all at 70% CR. Picking each of them up and dropping them back into the same place in the fleet window fixed them up, though.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: April 21, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »

Dev Update!

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:02:57 PM by Uomoz »

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:49 PM »

Can't wait.  :)

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: April 21, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »

An implementation of the wonderful bounty mod I feel? Fantastic Uomoz!
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: April 22, 2014, 09:37:29 AM »

An implementation of the wonderful bounty mod I feel? Fantastic Uomoz!

Well not really, I wrote this from scratch!

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3596 on: April 22, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »

I don't know how hard it would be to do, but I'd really like to see some sort of reputation system put in place. That is, something that allows me to modify my standing with other factions that I may have "accidentally" offended. Or that would let me become good enough friends that I could make use of faction stations without belonging to said faction.

The way I see it, if there was a way to build reputation, it would allow the player to expand their operational sphere in a balanced manner; yes you could operate in systems without an independent station, but first you would have to go through the trouble of boosting your reputation with the local faction first.

So, since I don't like making suggestions without providing the modders some ideas for implementation, I give you:

THE WALL O' TEXT!!!

(spoilered to prevent eyeball explosion)

Building Reputation
Spoiler
I figure there are a couple of ways you could build reputation with a faction:

1. Destroy fleets - Destroy fleets belonging to enemies of that faction. This would be the only way of improving reputation with a faction you are currently hostile with, and it would suffer greatly diminished returns if you are operating in a system where your desired faction has no presence. (I.E., actually seeing you killing their enemy holds a lot more weight than just hearing about it)

2. Donating war materials - Once you are no longer hostile with said faction, you could donate materials such as ship parts, weapons, crew, supplies, fuel, and, of course, actual ships to the faction. Doing so would net reputation gains relative to the credit value of the donation, with supplies and ships being weighted more heavily (the calculation would use the ship's current value dependent on it's repair state, rather than its market value) Also, this activity should net you negative reputation with factions who are at war with your desired friend.

3. Bounties - with the bounty system potentially being created, a system for hunting down the enemies of a faction should obviously make them like you if you succeed.

4. Trading - Just your average, everyday trading with a friendly faction's station should net you a small amount of reputation based upon transaction value.

[close]

Effects of Reputation and Reputation Tiers
Spoiler

Of course, if such an extensive system were to be created, it makes sense that reputation should do more than just let you use a faction's station. The way I envision it, there would be "tiers" of reputation, with each tier allowing you more access. Though the hostile end of the reputation system has fewer tiers, it is very "deep" allowing you to seriously sink your reputation with a group you repeatedly attack.

Hostile: Attack on sight.

Non-Intercourse Agreement: System defense fleets will still attack you, but raiding parties and like will ignore you unless you attack them.

Neutral: Allows bounty missions to be taken from stations. Your ships can use automated dockyards to repair, but you cannot board the station to trade.

Non-Agression Agreement: Basic goods such as fuel, supplies, and crew can be purchased from any faction station. Fighters and Frigate class ships are available for purchase.

Friendly: Allows use of refiting docks, and purchase of light-class weapons. Also allows blueprint management access, storage access, and manufacturing access. (Rights must still be purchased)

Mercenary: Allows purchase of destroyers and medium-class weapons.

Contractor: Allows purchase of cruisers and heavy class weapons.

Ally of the State: Allows all capital purchases

[close]

Joining a Faction
Spoiler
With this system in place, what would be the advantage of joining a faction, you might ask? This is how I would like to see it implemented:

Upon Joining: Reputation aligns with faction (enemies with their enemies, friends with their friends, etc). Raises joined faction reputation to "Mercenary" level, and provides a significant boost to all reputation gains for that faction, as well as a minor trade discount that increases with reputation.

Upon Leaving: Sets left faction reputation to "hostile", and all factions with which that faction was at war to the deep end of "Non-Intercourse" regardless of your reputation before joining said faction. This can be good if you want to salvage your rep with someone you've been abusing, but no so hot if you were friends beforehand, obviously.

Non-Sanctioned Agression: If you attack an ally of your faction, you will be immediately expelled from your faction in precisely the manner described in "Upon Leaving".

Once you have left a faction, you will never again be able to rejoin it, regardless of how much reputation you gain with that faction later on. Also, your rep with that faction will be capped at "Mercenary", forever preventing you from obtaining that faction's cruisers/capitals. . . well, at least through legitimate channels anyway.
[close]

At any rate, there's my thoughts. Of course, this constitutes suggestions only  :D

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:43:40 PM by JDCollie »

sarducardun

• Commander
  • Welcome the angel of death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: April 23, 2014, 03:22:28 AM »

I love the idea but maybe a limit on ship class is not the way to go. Although much harder/longer to code a ship by ship purchase relationship (or maybe just have odd ships out) could be the way to go. I can't see tri-tach giving people only just out of neutral hyperions or BRDY giving them the imaginatos. Along those lines maybe the atlas should be in with the cruisers ect.
More work but I think worth it if you're going into such depth anyway.

JDCollie

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #3598 on: April 23, 2014, 01:28:08 PM »

I love the idea but maybe a limit on ship class is not the way to go. Although much harder/longer to code a ship by ship purchase relationship (or maybe just have odd ships out) could be the way to go. I can't see tri-tach giving people only just out of neutral hyperions or BRDY giving them the imaginatos. Along those lines maybe the atlas should be in with the cruisers ect.
More work but I think worth it if you're going into such depth anyway.
That's a good point; however, I think the Imaginos represents a fairly extreme exception to the rule. Overall, my goal in restricting ships by class is to keep things simple. The classifications already exist, so mod authors don't need to do any extra coding for compatibility.

Still, as you pointed out, there are a number of examples where there are ships like the Imaginos, which has the power (and logistics footprint) of a significantly larger ship, or, like the Atlas, of a significantly smaller one. In those cases, I'm sure Uomoz could code an exemption which would appropriately classify those ships. I mean, look at the rest of the mod, it's utterly rife with balance tweaks that differ from the base mods in question. This way, Uomoz wouldn't have to deal with the author's idea of balancing any more than usual, and could instead focus on the outlying ships, rather than adding code to every ship already in the mod.

maffo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: April 24, 2014, 06:28:48 AM »

So i have 64 bit Java installed, and that seems to be the only version of Java installed, yet Starsector still runs 32 bit. Could anyone tell me how to get Starsector to run 64 bit Java?/ Provide me a link to a guide?

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 275