Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 275

Author Topic: [0.6.2a] Uomoz's Sector: Journey 1.3 [upd.17\05] *New video in the OP!*  (Read 1561461 times)

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.54.1a] Uomoz's Corvus 17.1: Allegiance (Factions Collection)
« Reply #1965 on: March 14, 2013, 05:51:07 AM »

I get this constantly:

Spoiler
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [] not found for faction [events]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.Event_Progress$(UomozScriptClock.java:235)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.spawnFleet(UomozScriptClock.java:86)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖ?000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]
I can play for 15 mins and then this happens. Got newest LazyLib and run MrDavidoff's ship addon, Relics, Scrappers, Valkyrians and Weapon Pack.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 14, 2013, 06:10:57 AM »

I get this constantly:

Spoiler
java.lang.RuntimeException: Fleet id [] not found for faction [events]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.G.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.createFleet(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.Event_Progress$(UomozScriptClock.java:235)
   at data.scripts.world.UomozScriptClock.spawnFleet(UomozScriptClock.java:86)
   at data.scripts.world.BaseSpawnPoint.advance(BaseSpawnPoint.java:52)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.A.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.A.ÖÖ?000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.A.A.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
[close]
I can play for 15 mins and then this happens. Got newest LazyLib and run MrDavidoff's ship addon, Relics, Scrappers, Valkyrians and Weapon Pack.

What's the event about to spawn before the crash?

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 14, 2013, 06:15:12 AM »

It varies:
1st time it was Lord Uomoz predecessed by Junkers. The Second time was wierd because actually two events tried to spwan at the same time (thats the log from that one) I'm not sure but it were Junkers and Nomads. Now, 3rd time I tried to play it crashed on the Shark guy.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:17:31 AM by Lordzias »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 14, 2013, 06:24:06 AM »

I can safely assume that the mod broke that savegame xD. Not that I have any idea how, it tries to spawn a null fleet.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 14, 2013, 07:37:48 AM »

Ummm by the mod u mean other mod I have or Uomoz's Corvus? Cause I get it each time I try to start a new game.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 14, 2013, 07:38:51 AM »

What version are you playing on? I have 0 errors in official 17.1.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 14, 2013, 07:45:08 AM »

I downloaded the version from the big download button from the 1st post... I'll try to redl the mod and see what will happen.

RawCode

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 14, 2013, 08:17:25 AM »

this is code for devs.

Spoiler
Code
	public CampaignFleetAPI Secure_createFleet(String Faction, String ID) {
//Class selfReference = Reflection.getCallerClass(1);
Logger LOG = Logger.getLogger("Secure_createFleet");
CampaignFleetAPI c;
try {
// dont call core methods directly, you will aggro devs
// call API instead...
// _secure = new FleetMember(0, s, FleetMemberType.SHIP);
c = Global.getSector().createFleet(Faction, ID);
} catch (Exception e) {
// game core generate only one type of exceptions
// its runtime exception soo we cant just pick cause
LOG.info("Spawn_Event_Progress TRACE BEGIN HERE");
LOG.info("BOSS= " + BOSS);
LOG.info("Invasion= " + Invasion);
LOG.info("Harmless= " + Harmless);
LOG.info("Diplomacy= " + Diplomacy);
LOG.info(st);
LOG.info(e.getMessage());

FactionAPI f = Global.getSector().getFaction(Faction);
if (f == null) {
LOG.info(Faction + " is invalid faction");
} else {
LOG.info(ID + " is invalid fleet");
}
c = Global.getSector().createFleet("independent", "trader1");
c.setName("INVALID FLEET REPLACEMENT PARAMS WAS " + Faction + "  "+ ID);
throw new RuntimeException("POST LOG ON FORUM");
}
return c;
}
[close]

on my post fixed java file attached, it wont fix issue, but will provide debug info needed for fix, you shoud unzip and install it to uomoz\data\script\world

on next crush just post entire error with debug output, it will be marked with Spawn_Event_Progress TRACE BEGIN HERE

this file for 171 only

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 08:19:22 AM by RawCode »

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 14, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »

Ok! I'll redownloaded the mod and copied the file RawCode provided. I'll play the game and if the error occures again I'll post the entire log.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 14, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »

Nice, thank you!

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 14, 2013, 08:33:54 AM »

GOD I AM STUPID....
I extracted the mod to a folder of... Starfarer. I haven't deleted my old starfarer installation and instead of extracting the mod to my Starsector folder I extracted it there... I played one of the unstable dev builds instead of 17.1... I feel stupid, sorry for the trouble guys, it was my fault after all...

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 14, 2013, 08:54:18 AM »

That sounded weird ;). Welcome back to Uomoz's Corvus :D.

Lordzias

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 14, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »

Yeah. It's good to be ba...ck. :P

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 14, 2013, 12:09:00 PM »

So, I've generally avoided compilation mods - had some bad experiences with an early, totally unbalanced, everything-and-the-kitchen-sink type mod.  But, actually started playing with yours a couple days ago, and it seems overall pretty good.

So, I figured I'd share some of my experiences with you.

Started off Supremacy / Shadowyards, since I rather like their ships.  Found their missiles to be all but useless - unless the target was overloaded, they just get shot down.  But they've got some pretty good energy weapons, so I just swapped to those instead.

Got a lucky early fight - took a Gedune cruiser down to 5% before it retreated... and then it surrendered, hull mods intact.  So I stripped off what was left of its original armament, mounted three CEPC turrets and two heavy blasters, threw everything else into vents & capacitors & hullmods.  Maneuvers like a destroyer, hits like a heavy destroyer or light cruiser (heavy blasters being no joke when you can actually support the flux generation), and - thanks to three large weapons worth of ordnance points I'm not spending on guns - is about as durable as they get.  Once I have higher tech skill (and more ordnance points), I may go back and add some autopulse lasers; early experiments show that the resulting firepower is rather ridiculous - but at least for now, I have to sacrifice too much of my durability to get there.
So, remainder of commentary is from the perspective of flying around in that one cruiser, with some level of save-scumming used mostly for "I have no idea what those ships can do; let's find out!"; I'll probably try hardcore mode soon, now that I've got some degree of feel for how the various factions function in combat.

Can't yet take event / boss fleets - they're too big, and my one cruiser would just get swarmed.  Maybe later.

Hegemony & IFed: I haven't fought them much yet; could probably take an onslaught due to superior maneuverability, but I'm not sure what the upper end of the IFed line looks like.  From what I've seen, though, these look pretty balanced.

Vanilla Pirates: they just can't compete, really; I'd suggest giving them a few new variants, and maybe making some of their fleets use Conquest battlecruisers.  If you'd like, I can make some .variant files for their ships; that takes all of a few minutes.  (Maybe, if you want to keep the normal pirates as they are, making a boss or event?  I'd love to provide a "pirate fleet" using high end maxed-out-skills type variants...)
Junk Pirates: Haven't seen any large fleets from them; the smaller fleets seem pretty ordinary.
Gedune: Odd faction; their cruiser is an exceptionally strong hull, limited primarily by their choice of short-range or slow-moving HE weapons; I took one out in my starting frigate without too much trouble, by the simple tactic of dodging and taking any hits that got to me on shields.  Haven't tried fighting larger fleets, though - I tend to pilot a solo ship, and would just get swarmed.

BRDY: Seems roughly balanced.  Can fight some of their bigger fleets with capital ships, but it's a hard fight where I can't afford to make too many mistakes.
Neutrino: Very pretty.  Very thematic.  Very very annoying to fight.  Not actually dangerous, mind you, just annoying - their reliance on fixed beam weapons means they can't really hurt me, but their essentially impervious shields make the battles long and tedious.  Got into a fight with one of their uber-shield-drone capital ships, and eventually got tired of trying to take out the drone and just rammed the thing until it ran away.  Should not have been able to do that - if it had mounted more than one or two non-beam weapons, maybe some antimatter blasters in the rows of small turrets along its sides...

Antediluvians: Feels like a joke faction, with their tiny short-range weapons talking about "sonic" effects in space, and their unshielded ships that go boom if you look at them funny.  Except their fighters, oddly; those seem more durable than most of their frigates.  Dangerous if you let them swarm you, but too slow to actually do so; only their fighters are fast enough to be a threat, and then only in large numbers.  Might be more dangerous if I was flying a slower ship...
Thule: Also unshielded, but much more dangerous than the Antediluvians; the smaller Thule frigates, with their heavy maulers, aren't a threat to my well-shielded cruiser, but once they get big enough to also mount kinetic weaponry... Fighting Thule is very binary - either you can just mulch them without taking much damage, or they've got too much firepower and will mulch you instead.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 12:11:09 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Temrung

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 14, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

Why i have no items and ships which i can buy in other stations? Just in Hegemony, Federation and in omnifactory i have some items and ships...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:28:22 PM by Temrung »
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 275