Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fleet Doctrine - Civilian Ships (Miners, Freighters And Tankers)  (Read 845 times)

greycommotion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Fleet Doctrine - Civilian Ships (Miners, Freighters And Tankers)
« on: February 10, 2020, 04:05:36 PM »

Hi all - got a question for you?  :)

(FYI - I'm using Nexerelin and several faction mods; first game; just set up a faction.)

So, we all like warships, carriers and phase ships in our fleets; especially once we've got a few quality blueprints from exploring the depths of space. These prioritised ships appear in the upper-left-hand corner of the Command screen - showing an example "Heavy Patrol" your faction will produce.

And then there are the logistical ships - the ones that let your star nation thrive.

All the factions have certain fleet types (i.e. Fast Patrols, Patrols, Detachments, Invasion Fleets, Mining Fleet and Trade Fleets).

But, if I prioritise certain freighters (i.e. the Scy Nation "Centaur"-frigate sized freighter or the Blackrock "Cetonia"-destroyer sized freighter), they appear in the "Heavy Patrol" example via the Command screen - which I don't want.

These are trade ships after all; they should be part of a commercial detachment or the like.

Same with mining ships; I want my faction to use certain ships in Mining Fleets, but prioritising them makes them appear in the "Heavy Patrol" example.

I like these blueprints, but at the same time, I don't want to water down my military patrols.

Any ideas?

Is the game smart enough not to put half a dozen civilian freighters in a system defence patrol consisting of ten ships?

What are people's experiences with this?

Thanks!  :D

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Doctrine - Civilian Ships (Miners, Freighters And Tankers)
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 08:20:49 PM »

Working with priorities to get exactly what you want is a royal pain.  Enough of a pain that it is difficult for me to write down how I make do with it.  Hint: pay close attention to categories.

Some ships quality for more than one category, though the game only lists one.  For example, Gemini qualifies as a freighter and a carrier, although I think the game says Gemini is a carrier.  If Gemini gets prioritized, it can be used as a freighter (good) and/or a carrier (not so good when you want more Drovers).

greycommotion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Doctrine - Civilian Ships (Miners, Freighters And Tankers)
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:03:34 AM »

Hmm, okay, I'll double-check the fluff for the ships.

Not the end of the world of course; and maybe a more detailed prioritization system will be a feature in the next patch. Or someone will eventually mod it in. :)