Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Of Slipstreams and Sensor Ghosts (09/24/21)

Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)  (Read 374191 times)

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.1.3)
« Reply #1470 on: October 21, 2021, 05:55:24 AM »

Can I ask for an ETA for the update? I'll probably start a new game when it hits regardless of whether it's save-compatible or not, and it'd help knowing when to expect it.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 05:58:05 AM by Uhlang »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: October 21, 2021, 02:25:25 PM »

Can I ask for an ETA for the update? I'll probably start a new game when it hits regardless of whether it's save-compatible or not, and it'd help knowing when to expect it.

I'm hoping to release it sometime in late November or early December, but it depends on how busy I am with work and other obligations. Sorry I can't be more specific than that!

It definitely won't be save compatible though.

yuyush

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: October 23, 2021, 07:03:57 PM »

hey,
first off big love for this mod.

2nd how can I get to the lobster quest & can you still obtain the Conquest?

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1473 on: October 24, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »

You need to install a EUTECK in the genelab to start terraforming. If you don't want to spend time exploring to acquire one, use the console command addspecial boggled_euteck to get one instantly!

Outstanding, thanks for clarifying! May I suggest making the mod guide a bit more explicit on this? The "you can even install..." bit made me think that the EUTECK was a magical shortcut a la GECK, rather than a requirement for the sling and mirrors to start terraforming. Maybe a straightforward "To terraform desert planets, you need: 1) gene lab w/ EUTECK and orbital mirrors on target planet, and 2) Ismara's Sling on another planet in the same system."

Also, the in-game description of the sling makes it sound like you can start shooting ice with just the sling--it mentions the same-system restriction, but not that the sling does nothing without the other requirements fulfilled.

Thanks again for a terrific mod--it's remarkably well-balanced and adds a fun dimension to the game!

Quoting for newbies. Don't know how long I had the Sling before I found this post. Off to the reaches of Perseus!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: October 24, 2021, 06:29:40 AM »

hey,
first off big love for this mod.

2nd how can I get to the lobster quest & can you still obtain the Conquest?

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

The lobster quest and the unique Conquest have been removed in the latest version due to new content in the main game.

Farya

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: October 24, 2021, 07:29:01 AM »

It might actually be fun to have something more interesting than a Conquest in some future version. Maybe an Atlas or Apogee as designated colony ship? It could reduce amount of machinery and supplies required for colonisation or/and carry spare parts for Domed Cities to quickly assemble them in process of colonisation.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: October 24, 2021, 08:46:00 AM »

It might actually be fun to have something more interesting than a Conquest in some future version. Maybe an Atlas or Apogee as designated colony ship? It could reduce amount of machinery and supplies required for colonisation or/and carry spare parts for Domed Cities to quickly assemble them in process of colonisation.

I considered implementing a special construction ship that would be required to build stations, gates, etc. I decided to cut it because it didn't really add anything interesting to the gameplay. It also clogged up ship markets by taking up slots, which would be annoying since the player would likely only need to buy one or two throughout an entire playthrough.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99]