Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a  (Read 148311 times)

Raif Redacted

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Supply Forging 1.5
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2022, 10:13:24 AM »

I was thinking of making a mod similar to this, until I noticed this in your signature over on the TMI post. How would I adjust the settings to just take 50 Metal with 1 Heavy Machinery and 1 Fuel to create 5 Supplies, without taking market prices, ship bonuses or any values into account? That was what I was going to make, something super simple and clean, without fractions (I'm a bit OCD).

One suggestion: sound does not travel in space, therefore having your ship be easier to detect doesn't make much sense. You're not outputting a bunch of energy, either, as creation of supplies from metal using heavy machinery wouldn't require anything but bending and forging, etc. Manual labor. Supplies are supposed to be things you use to fix up your ship (in-universe roleplay, at least). That wouldn't be something that's dangerous, but rather necessary, where the danger lies in leaving unprepared or incapable.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2022, 02:35:08 AM »

I was thinking of making a mod similar to this, until I noticed this in your signature over on the TMI post. How would I adjust the settings to just take 50 Metal with 1 Heavy Machinery and 1 Fuel to create 5 Supplies, without taking market prices, ship bonuses or any values into account? That was what I was going to make, something super simple and clean, without fractions (I'm a bit OCD).
Code
	"SF_MetalConversionRate": 1.0, #This equates to 3 Supplies!
"SF_MetalCost":50,
"SF_HeavyMachineryCost":1,
#Just don't set those two above to zero or less. Because... you can't really set it to zero without the whole thing bamming and crashing.

#These determine how civilian ships are increasing the bonus of your supply forging, civilian frigate provide +5%!
"SF_Frigate":0,
"SF_Destroyer":0,
"SF_Cruiser":0,
"SF_Capital":0,

"SF_Input":false, # Should the modifier affect the input? (Metal and Heavy Machinery Cost)
"SF_Output":false, # Should the modifier affect the output? (Supply)

One suggestion: sound does not travel in space, therefore having your ship be easier to detect doesn't make much sense. You're not outputting a bunch of energy, either, as creation of supplies from metal using heavy machinery wouldn't require anything but bending and forging, etc. Manual labor. Supplies are supposed to be things you use to fix up your ship (in-universe roleplay, at least). That wouldn't be something that's dangerous, but rather necessary, where the danger lies in leaving unprepared or incapable.
It's more like an increased heat signature that they are detecting from.

Raif Redacted

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 01, 2022, 06:17:12 PM »

Code
#Just don't set those two above to zero or less. Because... you can't really set it to zero without the whole thing bamming and crashing.

#These determine how civilian ships are increasing the bonus of your supply forging, civilian frigate provide +5%!

"SF_Input":false, # Should the modifier affect the input? (Metal and Heavy Machinery Cost)

Oh, the first part threw me off, with the hastag "this equates to 3 supplies!" with a 1.0. Wasn't sure if that also needed to be changed.

Heat signatures are from insanely powerful engines and stars and such. 100% increase to visibility because some dude is in a metal shop inside the confines of a safety space shouldn't increase the heat signature of their entire 30 ship fleet by double. At any rate, i can always turn that part off, but wanted to mention it was a very odd downside. Cheers.

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2022, 09:29:42 PM »

Heat signatures are from insanely powerful engines and stars and such. 100% increase to visibility because some dude is in a metal shop inside the confines of a safety space shouldn't increase the heat signature of their entire 30 ship fleet by double. At any rate, i can always turn that part off, but wanted to mention it was a very odd downside. Cheers.

You might want to read this:

https://childrenofadeadearth.wordpress.com/2016/07/12/stealth-in-space/

Long story short, everything in space that expends energy has to radiate it, and therefore has heat signature. Then again, forging commodities (in any reasonable way) is certainly not "some dude is in a metal shop inside the confines of a safety space". Even in the real world factories today you don't see any dudes in a metal shop hammering away as a routine production procedure. Cutting, milling, machining is all done with automated or semi-automated machines which require copious amounts of energy to function. Now autoforges and nanoforges of Starsector? Forget about dudes altogether, this has to be a process where humans are there chiefly to press a button. Not to mention that in the lore of the game the tech of setting up factories on spaceships is not something that polities of the Sector possess.

The point here is that the notion of space ship flaring up like crazy when there are industrial-scale production processes going on inside is completely reasonable.

strinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2023, 06:10:09 AM »

Hi there, I've noticed something while playing with the mod: the hullmods can only be installed on ships with base cargo capacity of over 200/400, which means mods that use the same ship but different variant for cargo and fuel such as Apex Design Collective cannot benefit from these mods. The ships I'm talking about in this example are the Spectrum series

Siffrin

• Captain
  • Thermal Signature Detected
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2023, 03:17:51 PM »

Code

Oh, the first part threw me off, with the hastag "this equates to 3 supplies!" with a 1.0. Wasn't sure if that also needed to be changed.

I agree that it isn't realistic but it's clearly a decision made to balance it so you don't constantly have it turned on.
Gods most reckless Odyssey captain.

tantananan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2023, 06:24:49 AM »

Does this work on the new version of the game?

Blacknsilver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2023, 05:13:01 PM »

I only changed the version history ("0.96a-RC8") and I haven't ran into any issues in ~10 hours of using the mod.

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2023, 05:15:01 AM »

I only changed the version history ("0.96a-RC8") and I haven't ran into any issues in ~10 hours of using the mod.

Thank you for this confirmation, I'll report back if it runs into any mod conflicts.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2023, 05:25:13 AM »

Would it be possible to set a minimum amount of metal and machinery so it turns off before consuming everything and some is left for making comm relays and sensors? That'd be really cool, this is a standard mod for me and it is otherwise perfect.

MattyK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2023, 05:33:27 AM »

Confirming here, I've been using this mod for several hours as well and haven't run into any glaring issues.

Simply change the version number in the mod_info.json from 0.95.1a to 0.96a-RC8 and enjoy.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.0
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2023, 02:05:42 AM »

Rather weird considering supplies also consist of rations, clothing and such. Breakfast? Metal. Yum!
I think supplies don't include food and instead include replacement parts for a hydroponics or other food producing system. Same with air and water production.

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2023, 10:51:41 PM »

Does this mod still work on 0.96?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2023, 12:59:06 AM »

Does this mod still work on 0.96?
GO to the Supply Forging mod folder find a and file a file named "mod_info.json" and open it with an editor, notepad++ is a good free one. Navigate to line 8 and change the text to     "gameVersion":"0.96a-RC10",

Enjoy the quality of life and don't think too hard that your are eating nanoforged metal scraps, all the tasty iron is good for your crew.

Blacknsilver

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2024, 05:17:14 AM »

Changing the version from 0.96 to 0.97 seems to work fine from what I've tested.   

Here's what my settings.json file looks like. In case anybody wants supply production that costs food and is a little bit faster.   

Code
"SF_MetalConversionRate": 4.0, #This equates to 3 Supplies!
"SF_MetalCost":100,
"SF_HeavyMachineryCost":4,

"SF_Frigate":0.05,
"SF_Destroyer":0.10,
"SF_Cruiser":0.15,
"SF_Capital":0.20,

"SF_Input":true, # Should the modifier affect the input? (Metal and Heavy Machinery Cost)
"SF_Output":true, # Should the modifier affect the output? (Supply)

"SupplyForgingSensorProfileIncreasePercent": 100,

#UseExtraCommodities can either be set from 0-whateverasmuchasyoulike. If it's, 0 it will not detect any extra commodity to convert.
"UseExtraCommodities": 1,

#Here's a list of all the commodities: organics,volatiles,ore,rare_ore,rare_metals,domestic_goods,organs,drugs,hand_weapons,luxury_goods,lobster,alpha_core,beta_core,gamma_core
"ExtraCommodities0":"food",
"ExtraCommodities1":"organics",

#ExtraCommodities0, ExtraCommodities1, ExtraCommodities2, ExtraCommodities3, ExtraCommodities4 must then have text string that make sense or else it'll CTD!

#The cost should be more than zero
"ExtraCommoditiesCost0":4,
"ExtraCommoditiesCost1":3,

#Not to mention you need to also put a corresponding Cost as well like ExtraCommoditiesCost2, and so on.

#"SF_CorruptedMetal":0.10, UNUSED
#"SF_PristineMetal":0.30, UNUSED
#"SF_SalvageGantry":0.40, UNUSED
#This is like the modifier that messes with the... bonus modifiers.
}

TL;DR: Uses 100 metal, 4 heavy machinery and 4 food to produce 12 supply per day. This is about 3600 credits worth of products used to create 1200 credits worth of supplies. I think these are reasonable numbers. A lategame fleet with 8 civilian capitals can produce about 30 supplies per day.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6