Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: colony suggestions, growth incentives and colony presets  (Read 1787 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
colony suggestions, growth incentives and colony presets
« on: December 17, 2019, 01:45:02 AM »

i really enjoy this game in vanilla but now always play with Nexerelin mod where i can play a more 4X style of gameplay.

some of my favorite games include: Distant Worlds, Stellaris, GalCiv series and other 4X games. while i love combat in this game i also like to RP and build my empire. so while in the early game i only have a few colonies in the endgame i have a dozen active at a time and once i've maxed them out i grant them autonomy or gift them to other factions depending on my run.

but before this happens i have a lot of micro (which i don't like once it becomes very repetetive):

i have to keep adding growth incentives manually even though at this point i'm swimming in cash. can i not have a toggle to automatically spend all my money on this. with a warning: "hey this will drain all your cash beware!"

then i'd also like to have a option making a preset for colonies (for example the free port status)

lastly i have many mods and some add colony buildings. in many of the 4X games you have a system with slots for colony buildings. i always disliked this. i understand for the sake of balance the industries limit but sometimes i just want to:

a) create a super-colony with more that the allowed amount (just for RP maybe have only a single colony to balance it)
b) i build modded buildings (which often don't count against the industries limit)

so my request: make the frame where the building pictures are scrollable so i can assign AI cores to all installed buildings.

with the many mods out there and more sure to come once Starsector hits 1.0 i think there will only be more building types added in the future so making this change to the interface makes sense imo..

DonW427

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: colony suggestions, growth incentives and colony presets
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »

We establish the colony with 1000 crew. Can't we just import crew to grow the colony? Yes, it's impractical to reach size 5 and likely impossible to reach 7 (I hesitate to say definitively, because people are crazy). As it is, spending 25k to boost growth rate, which would result in +10 people per year per 1% at the initial 1000 population, would instead pay for several hundred new denizens to settle.

Mordodrukow

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 06:47:07 PM »

Speeding-up the colony growth is pretty good idea. Also: when bots in Nex colonise new planet, it automatically gets size 4. So, why cant we do that as well?

Also it would be good to have an ability to speed-up construction of new buildings. May be something like: Building time = (Default cost / Money invested)*Default building time.
Spoiler
[close]

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »

If you want to speed up colony growth then the cryosleeper is your friend. +50 growth and another +50 with an alpha core. From the looks of some stuff on twitter it will be easier to acquire that bonus

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2020, 10:56:23 AM »

If you want to speed up colony growth then the cryosleeper is your friend. +50 growth and another +50 with an alpha core. From the looks of some stuff on twitter it will be easier to acquire that bonus
Not the full bonus.  Still, half of that is +25, same as current Free Port and max Growth Incentives.  However, it appears Growth Incentives have been replaced by Hazard Pay (button for latter is located where the former is), unless Growth Incentives got moved elsewhere.

Wonder if Free Port will remain the same.  Once my colonize can defend themselves, I use Free Port just for the population bonus of +25, although I will not say no to more income and meet demand for illegals.