Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Planet Search Overhaul (07/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 442205 times)

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #600 on: November 21, 2023, 03:26:20 PM »

I was stuck on a 100 cycle playthrough for quite some time. With this new theme thingy, am i still able to create square maps?
There's no preset for that - but i can whip one special for you, if you tell me the other things you want from the preset, according to existing presets.
Unless you want to customize settings yourself - in which case, you obviously can!
If customization is still a thing, i can do it myself. "You must pick one of these and rename it to settings.json, otherwise your game won't start." made me think customization didnt work anymore.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 22, 2023, 12:48:45 PM »

I was stuck on a 100 cycle playthrough for quite some time. With this new theme thingy, am i still able to create square maps?
There's no preset for that - but i can whip one special for you, if you tell me the other things you want from the preset, according to existing presets.
Unless you want to customize settings yourself - in which case, you obviously can!
If customization is still a thing, i can do it myself. "You must pick one of these and rename it to settings.json, otherwise your game won't start." made me think customization didnt work anymore.
No, it's a core part of mod and works. People just requested multiple presets to simplify mod usage.

IRID1UM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 28, 2023, 06:53:17 AM »

Hey,
what does "AdjustedSectorRndArcs":20, do?
Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 09:22:06 AM by IRID1UM »

Zorrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 02, 2023, 12:56:45 AM »

This mod is wonderful, but I have run into a slight problem regarding scaling of profitability in a bigger sector.

Is there a way to increase the average payment for conducting missions (bounties, exploration etc) based on the distance from the core sector? Many jobs seem to become unprofitable and it feels unrealistic to have the same reward for something 30ly vs 50-60ly. Is there any way to curb this or an existing mod which alleviates the issue?

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: December 02, 2023, 03:55:27 AM »

This mod is wonderful, but I have run into a slight problem regarding scaling of profitability in a bigger sector.

Is there a way to increase the average payment for conducting missions (bounties, exploration etc) based on the distance from the core sector? Many jobs seem to become unprofitable and it feels unrealistic to have the same reward for something 30ly vs 50-60ly. Is there any way to curb this or an existing mod which alleviates the issue?

I'll look into it in a day or so, my irl job and overall mental state require some unwinding. But i think it's possible.

Zorrik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 03, 2023, 08:34:32 AM »

I'll look into it in a day or so, my irl job and overall mental state require some unwinding. But i think it's possible.

All good, take your time. And thanks for the swift response!

alp7292

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 31, 2023, 01:21:09 PM »

so Derelicts, Ruins,  Remnants considered theme and by meaning derelicts do you mean

sectorDerelictMotherships and sectorDerelictCryosleepers or does this also includes
sectorCoronalTaps and XIV_LEGION_SALVAGEBLE_MAX
i want to get many ruins and remnants and derelicts and balance their numbers so its important which ones counts and which ones dont

edit when i tested XIV_LEGION_SALVAGEBLE_MAX seems to spawn under remnants  so doesnt takes slot
 coronal taps doesnt spawn with others? so i guess it takes slot
derelict motherships goes over everything and takes slot
cryosleepers wont spawn unless there is at least one mothership and doesnt spawn with remnants so it takes a slot

so make sure your total amount of stars are more than sleeper+mothership+ruins+remnants+coronal taps  legions spawn over remnants so you can ignore it
« Last Edit: December 31, 2023, 02:25:26 PM by alp7292 »

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 05, 2024, 11:30:58 PM »

It works well and without issue for me, except that bounty missions seem to always be at the far end of the galaxy.

GalliaRaxus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 10, 2024, 02:36:29 PM »

It'd be funny if you did a 505kx320k hyperspace map ;)

Captain.Conrad.Snider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Sector Defense Force Approved Music
« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2024, 01:52:04 PM »

Hello. Im not sure if its a compatiblity issue or something on my end i messed up, but i dont think this is compatible with Carters Freetraders. Got this error when generating the sector.

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.cft_SmugglingMission]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.cft_SmugglingMission]

Mind im not too great with tech or code but i could be wrong. I tried searching for anything else related in my starsector.log and I just dont know enough to say if anything else is wrong.
Captain Conrad Snider.

Sector Defense Milita.

We Die In The Dark So You Can Live In The Light.

Captain.Conrad.Snider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 20, 2024, 01:57:20 PM »

Hello. Im not sure if its a compatiblity issue or something on my end i messed up, but i dont think this is compatible with Carters Freetraders. Got this error when generating the sector.

ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.cft_SmugglingMission]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Problem loading class [data.scripts.campaign.cft_SmugglingMission]

Mind im not too great with tech or code but i could be wrong. I tried searching for anything else related in my starsector.log and I just dont know enough to say if anything else is wrong.

Oh and turning off Carters and my sector generated just fine so. Also has a problem with Tranquility's Customizable Star Systems, but I failed to find the error so my bad on that part.
Captain Conrad Snider.

Sector Defense Milita.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2024, 09:56:34 PM »

It'd be funny if you did a 505kx320k hyperspace map ;)

Currently playing a 372k x 273k map, Cycle 2010 and all is fine. I have stars 120 LY from me!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2024, 11:41:56 AM »

Hello there, the CFT smuggling mission looks for sectors that this mod most likely modifies depending on the variables you set. If you would still like to use the faction mod with Adjusted Sector, navigate to the CFT folder and in the campaign folder you will see a file called rules.csv. Open it (notepad++ or Excel) and delete lines 2-14 if you use Excel or lines 2-45 if you use notepad++ and save. Now delete the file in that folder named bar_events.csv. This will disable the custom smuggling mission I have in the mod while leaving the other features working. Message me on the CFT forum if you have any questions of concerns. This will only work on a new game btw, hope this helps.

Captain.Conrad.Snider

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 26, 2024, 08:38:52 PM »

Hello there, the CFT smuggling mission looks for sectors that this mod most likely modifies depending on the variables you set. If you would still like to use the faction mod with Adjusted Sector, navigate to the CFT folder and in the campaign folder you will see a file called rules.csv. Open it (notepad++ or Excel) and delete lines 2-14 if you use Excel or lines 2-45 if you use notepad++ and save. Now delete the file in that folder named bar_events.csv. This will disable the custom smuggling mission I have in the mod while leaving the other features working. Message me on the CFT forum if you have any questions of concerns. This will only work on a new game btw, hope this helps.

Oooooh okay man ill give that a try. I just now started to get back into Starsector with the new update and this was one of my favorite factions! In the middle of a save right now so ill let you know if that works for me sometime later.
Captain Conrad Snider.

Sector Defense Milita.

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 06, 2024, 01:21:40 AM »

Noooo this isnt compatable anymore, even after changing the mod.info file. I litterally cant play without this mod. Hoping for an update soon.
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43