Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105291 times)

MRTL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.3)
« Reply #3150 on: March 03, 2024, 04:27:11 AM »

Now using 0.97a-RC11 with TASC 9.0.3. It appears to me the game does not reflect changes in the mod's settings.json file.
Do you have Lunalib installed? If yes Lunalib settings should take priority, just set the changes in Lunalib (in the main menu or F2).
Thanks, editing the values in Lunalib solved the issue.

Debowy_Mocny

• Ensign
  • Big armor tanking enjoyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: March 03, 2024, 05:21:14 AM »

I have a question.

If Kletka simulator produces an AI core, it will be in my main planet or it will be at planet with Kletka simulator?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: March 03, 2024, 05:26:04 AM »

Stuff will be delivered to the planet where all the other stuff goes afaik.

AurelionNoir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: March 03, 2024, 06:52:10 AM »

I know this must've been mentioned many times before, but I would still like to voice this out. Please make it possible to terraform volcanic and irradiated worlds, as well as lowering extreme cold/hot. Just make the cost so much expensive. I don't really know much sci-fi stuff nor the extensive lore as to why we still can't terraform those planets, but I guess if we can build a hypershunt (perihelion) then there might be some kind of projects that could terraform those two as well, or some recoverable domain artifact from that terraforming mega corporation.

And perhaps a continuation of it, built/restore a hypershunt, and we can build and power those machines/structures to terraform those worlds.

Anyway, loving the new UI!

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: March 03, 2024, 12:34:13 PM »

The Perihelion Project doesn't recognize the blue giant in a triple star system, not that it matters I guess but the planets orbit the central blue star which should be the primary star.

Evangel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: March 03, 2024, 02:21:26 PM »

now that genelab gets a progress bar when removing pollution, now it does the thing like building commerce does.
it resets the progress sometimes.
Can I get some more info on when this happens? The only conditions that should be resetting the pollution remediation project from the Genelab are if the colony has the Heavy Industry industry with a Corrupted or Pristine Nanoforge, or the Orbital Works industry with the same, or if the colony is no longer polluted in which case the project won't start and won't show.

Also, I miss the opportunity to terraform very hot non-volcanic planets into jungle/desert worlds and very cold in tundra, that worked in previous versions of TASC long ago.
The version I started working on the requirement for terraforming into those planets was hot or temperate, and cold or temperate respectively. That said, you can add your own requirements either by making a mini mod using the stuff in the SimpleExamplePlugin folder, or by editing the requirements directly. Unfortunately, due to a bug in input validation for planet types, you can't do a change to volcanic in 9.0.3 and below. Fixed in 9.0.4

MRTL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: March 03, 2024, 03:05:39 PM »

Now using 0.97a-RC11 with TASC 9.0.3. It appears to me the game does not reflect changes in the mod's settings.json file.
Do you have Lunalib installed? If yes Lunalib settings should take priority, just set the changes in Lunalib (in the main menu or F2).
After some more testing I found an issue that increasing the value of mining stations to 5 in LunaLib still does not allow me to build more than 1 per system.
Also, disabling the check for orbital requirements for building astropolis station works fine, but still applies for siphon station. Hence I can build astropoli around a gas giant, but siphon station is not allowed due to unsatisfactory orbit. I believe if the orbit check is set to false, it should be disabled for siphon stations as well.
In fact from the scientific point of view, due to close proximity of siphon station to the host planet the presence of other orbital bodies in the system should have negligible effect on the orbit stability. IRL, for satellites on low Earth orbit you can neglect the effect of the Moon.

Chaotic Law

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: March 03, 2024, 07:21:38 PM »

I am trying to build a siphon station around a gas giant. There are 2 planets orbiting the gas giant. The Build Siphon station icon says that the planet is orbiting too close to it. So I moved the planet beyond the other orbiting planet giving it plenty of room. But when I load the game back up the planet is much farther away but the Icon still says the planet is too close. How can I build that station? Is there a Console Command to spawn a station? I have looked through the files to see if I could modify the minimum distance a planet has to be in order to let the station be built but I could not find anything.  Can anyone help me?

SaucyBagel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: March 04, 2024, 01:06:07 AM »

Hey, not sure if this has been asked before, as I don't think I can search through specific forum posts, but I'm using this mod and I recolonized the abandoned terraforming platform above Asharu, it started out as 100 hazard at colony size 3, but now that its grown to colony size 4 the hazard rating has gone up to 150 and says that it's due to "no atmosphere", however that does not show up in the upper right colony conditions section, only shows the size and the free port status, I tried to include a picture of it, does anyone know if this is normal? Or if there's a way to fix or prevent this? Or if it could be caused by a different mod altogether?

This also happened when I recolonized a different station in a different save game.

Hopefully there's a way to either fix or change that, as I wanted to use the station as a research hub or something before I bothered properly colonizing, but if this is normal and intended behavior then I can work around it probably, just want to know if it's some kind of glitch first.

Azina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: March 04, 2024, 07:45:54 AM »

I am unsure if you are already aware or if i am missing something

but after i build the ai battlestation it just goes into permanent repair mode. It does spawn the fleets and i can add ai cores or upgrade it using story points. but it is stuck in repair (i think i let it repair for around 3 ingame years or more) and it never changed.

i tried checking the changelogs or other posts but didnt really find anything

Bangchow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: March 04, 2024, 12:49:14 PM »

Cannot build Perihelion project, says the system does not have a giant blue star.
Spoiler
[close]

FederationPrime

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: March 04, 2024, 01:59:19 PM »

After some more testing I found an issue that increasing the value of mining stations to 5 in LunaLib still does not allow me to build more than 1 per system.
Also, disabling the check for orbital requirements for building astropolis station works fine, but still applies for siphon station. Hence I can build astropoli around a gas giant, but siphon station is not allowed due to unsatisfactory orbit. I believe if the orbit check is set to false, it should be disabled for siphon stations as well.
In fact from the scientific point of view, due to close proximity of siphon station to the host planet the presence of other orbital bodies in the system should have negligible effect on the orbit stability. IRL, for satellites on low Earth orbit you can neglect the effect of the Moon.

Seconding this. I used to be able to build siphon stations on any gas giant, but with this update I now can't even with the astropolis setting changed. Ideally this becomes an actual option/setting next update, but is there a temporary fix?

Evangel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: March 04, 2024, 03:18:35 PM »

The requirement wasn't respecting the LunaLib setting. Fixed in 9.0.4, temporary fix is to modify the ability_mining_station_too_many_stations requirement's max_num value in tasc/data/campaign/terraforming/terraforming_requirements.csv. It'll take effect when you load a save.

I am trying to build a siphon station around a gas giant. There are 2 planets orbiting the gas giant. The Build Siphon station icon says that the planet is orbiting too close to it. So I moved the planet beyond the other orbiting planet giving it plenty of room. But when I load the game back up the planet is much farther away but the Icon still says the planet is too close. How can I build that station? Is there a Console Command to spawn a station? I have looked through the files to see if I could modify the minimum distance a planet has to be in order to let the station be built but I could not find anything.  Can anyone help me?
Fixed in 9.0.4

I am unsure if you are already aware or if i am missing something

but after i build the ai battlestation it just goes into permanent repair mode. It does spawn the fleets and i can add ai cores or upgrade it using story points. but it is stuck in repair (i think i let it repair for around 3 ingame years or more) and it never changed.

i tried checking the changelogs or other posts but didnt really find anything
Fixed in 9.0.4, will probably require rebuilding the AI battlestation.

Hey, not sure if this has been asked before, as I don't think I can search through specific forum posts, but I'm using this mod and I recolonized the abandoned terraforming platform above Asharu, it started out as 100 hazard at colony size 3, but now that its grown to colony size 4 the hazard rating has gone up to 150 and says that it's due to "no atmosphere", however that does not show up in the upper right colony conditions section, only shows the size and the free port status, I tried to include a picture of it, does anyone know if this is normal? Or if there's a way to fix or prevent this? Or if it could be caused by a different mod altogether?

This also happened when I recolonized a different station in a different save game.

Hopefully there's a way to either fix or change that, as I wanted to use the station as a research hub or something before I bothered properly colonizing, but if this is normal and intended behavior then I can work around it probably, just want to know if it's some kind of glitch first.
Fixed in 9.0.4

Cannot build Perihelion project, says the system does not have a giant blue star.
Spoiler
[close]
Cannot reproduce, do you have any other mods installed?

Bangchow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: March 04, 2024, 05:46:35 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

My hunch is it's a conflict between TaSC and mod AoTD; prior to updating both mods, TaSC was integrated in the research tree and was working fine, built the Perihelion Project, in a previous campaign.

installed mods:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel30",
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_vos",
  "aotd_vok",
  "lw_autosave",
  "BVH",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "combatactivators",
  "chatter",
  "cmutils",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "aaacrew_replacer",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "exoticatechnologies",
  "fleethistory",
  "fleet_journal",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "GrandColonies",
  "HexShields",
  "illustrated_entities",
  "IndEvo",
  "Imperium",
  "timid_xiv",
  "largerZoomOut",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "lobster_proliferation",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "lunalib",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "missingsuperships",
  "MoreBarMissions",
  "MoreMilitaryMissions",
  "more_player_names",
  "more_procgen_names",
  "more_ship_names",
  "nexerelin",
  "officerExtension",
  "PirateMiniMegaMod",
  "planet_search",
  "planetaryshieldreplacer",
  "wyv_planetaryShieldAccessControl",
  "portrait_changer",
  "progressiveSMods",
  "pt_qolpack",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "assortment_of_things",
  "scan_those_gates",
  "secretsofthefrontier",
  "swp",
  "SBTM",
  "mayu_specialupgrades",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "alcoholism",
  "symbiotic_void_creatures",
  "System_Marker",
  "tahlan",
  "presmattdamon_takenoprisoners",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "evangel_tasc_command_ui",
  "knights_of_ludd",
  "thirstSector",
  "TrulyAutomatedShips",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "which_industry",
  "audio_plus",
  "aaamarketRetrofits",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]

Evangel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: March 04, 2024, 07:19:42 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

My hunch is it's a conflict between TaSC and mod AoTD; prior to updating both mods, TaSC was integrated in the research tree and was working fine, built the Perihelion Project, in a previous campaign.

installed mods:
Spoiler
{"enabledMods": [
  "pantera_ANewLevel30",
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_vos",
  "aotd_vok",
  "lw_autosave",
  "BVH",
  "CaptainsLog",
  "combatactivators",
  "chatter",
  "cmutils",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "aaacrew_replacer",
  "DetailedCombatResults",
  "exoticatechnologies",
  "fleethistory",
  "fleet_journal",
  "sun_flux_reticle",
  "GrandColonies",
  "HexShields",
  "illustrated_entities",
  "IndEvo",
  "Imperium",
  "timid_xiv",
  "largerZoomOut",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "lobster_proliferation",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "lunalib",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "missingsuperships",
  "MoreBarMissions",
  "MoreMilitaryMissions",
  "more_player_names",
  "more_procgen_names",
  "more_ship_names",
  "nexerelin",
  "officerExtension",
  "PirateMiniMegaMod",
  "planet_search",
  "planetaryshieldreplacer",
  "wyv_planetaryShieldAccessControl",
  "portrait_changer",
  "progressiveSMods",
  "pt_qolpack",
  "QualityCaptains",
  "assortment_of_things",
  "scan_those_gates",
  "secretsofthefrontier",
  "swp",
  "SBTM",
  "mayu_specialupgrades",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "stelnet",
  "alcoholism",
  "symbiotic_void_creatures",
  "System_Marker",
  "tahlan",
  "presmattdamon_takenoprisoners",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "evangel_tasc_command_ui",
  "knights_of_ludd",
  "thirstSector",
  "TrulyAutomatedShips",
  "underworld",
  "US",
  "which_industry",
  "audio_plus",
  "aaamarketRetrofits",
  "shaderLib"
]}
[close]
More likely I forgot the Unknown Skies Blue Giant star types, grab https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boggledstarsector/TASC/9.0.5/data/campaign/terraforming/terraforming_requirement.csv and https://raw.githubusercontent.com/boggledstarsector/TASC/9.0.5/data/campaign/terraforming/terraforming_requirements_OR.csv and put them in tasc/data/campaign/terraforming and see if that fixes it.
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 223