Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105505 times)

Evangel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.5)
« Reply #3045 on: January 09, 2024, 03:43:58 PM »

Is there a simple way to remove the stellar mirror requirement in planet type change (unless its being turned to frozen world or something), if the planet in question is neither hot or cold and exists in the goldilocks zone?

I want to disable the ability to build mirrors as the lore explicitly says it cant be done when you go raid planets that already have them. It makes sense since its the most advanced tech that is activated by default in the mod. I wont explain why as it would turn out as a wall of text nobody would read. Plenty of articles out there for those interested like https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10509-019-3633-x , just look for em.

Hello,

No, it would be necessary to change the TASC source code and recompile to remove the stellar reflector requirement. I understand that Evangel's upcoming changes to TASC will make it possible to edit this using a CSV file.

That's correct, and all terraforming is configured by CSV, along with the item crafting. About half the buildings are configurable via CSV, and the rest are on their way except for AI Battlestation and Cryosanctum. AI Battlestation because it's a massive bunch of code on top of regular industries, and Cryosanctum because it's overriding a regular industry. You'll still be able to customize them, they're just not completely implemented via CSV options.

As for the goldilocks zone part, I've got no plans to implement a requirement that would suit that, but you will be able to code up and add a new requirement without modifying the TASC source code.

Wholesomeburn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: January 16, 2024, 11:06:06 AM »

Love the mod, always amazing to find a perfect system, select a planet and turn it into a new home amongst the stars. That being said, any plans on the cross-compatibility with Unknown skies? I love the Archipelago world from that mod and i'de love to terraform more worlds into them or so on.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: January 16, 2024, 12:13:26 PM »

Love the mod, always amazing to find a perfect system, select a planet and turn it into a new home amongst the stars. That being said, any plans on the cross-compatibility with Unknown skies? I love the Archipelago world from that mod and i'de love to terraform more worlds into them or so on.

I'm glad you're enjoying TASC!

After Evangel's changes are finalized, I will be working on adding support for Unknown Skies planet types as terraforming options.

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3048 on: January 16, 2024, 02:18:04 PM »

There any thoughts about adding compadability with the research system of Ashes of the domain? so terraforming buildings are locked behind research?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: January 16, 2024, 03:59:33 PM »

There any thoughts about adding compadability with the research system of Ashes of the domain? so terraforming buildings are locked behind research?

That already exists in the current release, and Kaysaar is planning on further improving the research system integration once Evangel finishes their changes.

Cel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: January 16, 2024, 08:57:31 PM »

Is there a way to find or craft more hypershunt taps than in vanilla? I've built the periphelion project, only to realize that you need an item (I thought it was a building). I haven't found a single tap yet, despite exploring half of the galaxy.

Also found this:

Alesha170

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: January 16, 2024, 09:13:00 PM »

Planetkiller doesn't work.
I have it in inventory, I added "deploy planetkiller" ability to the ability bar, but tooltip says that "you do not posses a planet-killer device".

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: January 17, 2024, 06:32:22 AM »

Is there a way to find or craft more hypershunt taps than in vanilla? I've built the periphelion project, only to realize that you need an item (I thought it was a building). I haven't found a single tap yet, despite exploring half of the galaxy.

Also found this:

You mean you want the special item Hypershunt Tap? You'll have to use the crafting system to create one, or find one via exploration. The Perihelion Project will create a coronal tap at the star in the system it's built in.

The nskr_ice_desert issue is already fixed for the next release. Please be patient!

Planetkiller doesn't work.
I have it in inventory, I added "deploy planetkiller" ability to the ability bar, but tooltip says that "you do not posses a planet-killer device".

Do you have the planetkiller from the vanilla story quest, or one crafted using TASC? You can't deploy the vanilla story quest one.

Cel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: January 17, 2024, 04:00:08 PM »

You mean you want the special item Hypershunt Tap? You'll have to use the crafting system to create one, or find one via exploration. The Perihelion Project will create a coronal tap at the star in the system it's built in.

The nskr_ice_desert issue is already fixed for the next release. Please be patient!

Yeah, didn't know you can simply craft the Hypershunt Tap, thought you needed to find it like in vanilla, but read that there's only 1 or 2 in the universe usually, thanks. Was worried I made the coronal tap for nothing.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: January 25, 2024, 04:45:52 AM »

Hydroponic torn me because I like the idea of it but it also create an exportable resource which make finding arable planet pointless. I wish it only keep the food it produce to supply locally. No wonder it is off by default. Boggled, is it possible to make the Hydroponic remove food demand on the local colony instead?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: January 25, 2024, 07:04:49 AM »

@FreedomFighter: For what purpose?^^
If food can be imported you get the same effect minus the upkeep and construction costs for the hydroponics. Does it also take an industry slot?

Uses I see: Role playing, not enough access to import enough food (see also hostility and in faction import, ofc there are also disrupts and distance and hostile systems with a player colony), not enough food produced in the sector (which should be a rare case). From an economic pow the change imo would not make any sense. ??

E: Well, maybe it could help in a "hostile to everyone" and maybe a Nex derelict empire start... :(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 07:16:50 AM by Dadada »

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3056 on: January 25, 2024, 01:41:28 PM »

Hydroponic torn me because I like the idea of it but it also create an exportable resource which make finding arable planet pointless. I wish it only keep the food it produce to supply locally. No wonder it is off by default. Boggled, is it possible to make the Hydroponic remove food demand on the local colony instead?

I wonder if it could be adjusted so that it's not actually better than a planet with good farmland but just sufficient for the colony while also being much more expensive to maintain?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: January 25, 2024, 05:02:20 PM »

I wonder if it could be adjusted so that it's not actually better than a planet with good farmland but just sufficient for the colony while also being much more expensive to maintain?

Hydroponics is disabled by default for the reason you identified - it makes colonizing a planet with farmland unnecessary and this creates a bad gameplay experience. I think it's best to just leave it disabled, or use the industries.csv file to make it more expensive if you're determined to use it anyway.

I think the upcoming changes from Evangel should make it possible to have more granular control over industries beyond what the industries.csv file allows, so I'll leave it up to each individual player if they want to make balance changes to it.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: January 26, 2024, 08:05:51 AM »

@FreedomFighter: For what purpose?^^
If food can be imported you get the same effect minus the upkeep and construction costs for the hydroponics. Does it also take an industry slot?

Uses I see: Role playing, not enough access to import enough food (see also hostility and in faction import, ofc there are also disrupts and distance and hostile systems with a player colony), not enough food produced in the sector (which should be a rare case). From an economic pow the change imo would not make any sense. ??

E: Well, maybe it could help in a "hostile to everyone" and maybe a Nex derelict empire start... :(

It does take industry slot. Higher startup cost, and upkeep but in the end you get food output like you have +0 bonus with +1 per size. Can't soil nanite it iirc but the solar array still gives +2 to it. I say to have it remove local colony food demand instead so you can't use it for export but you can still get upkeep reduction from fulfilling in-faction demand.

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: January 26, 2024, 10:04:18 AM »

@FreedomFighter: See the post you quoted, why I think local would not make any sense, but sure, it would locally upp the self sufficient % and lower related upkeep multipliers, I didn't think of that. Still, debatable if it's worth it, now, it's a different thing if it is faction wide. Imo: Just disable it if you don't like it, but maybe you could just fiddle with its costs.
E: fix'd
« Last Edit: January 26, 2024, 10:05:58 AM by Dadada »
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 223