Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105347 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.5)
« Reply #3015 on: November 26, 2023, 09:45:51 AM »

Uh, so I decided to colonize the abandoned station in the Yma system that I'd been storing ships and equipment in. The item storage carried over just fine but all of the ships there disappeared. This happen to anyone else before?

Is it a new feature in vanilla 0.96a that the player can store ships at the derelict stations? TASC handles copying over items but I didn't realize it was possible to also store ships there.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll try to fix it in the next patch!

Uther Phobos

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: November 26, 2023, 10:44:43 AM »

Uh, so I decided to colonize the abandoned station in the Yma system that I'd been storing ships and equipment in. The item storage carried over just fine but all of the ships there disappeared. This happen to anyone else before?

Is it a new feature in vanilla 0.96a that the player can store ships at the derelict stations? TASC handles copying over items but I didn't realize it was possible to also store ships there.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I'll try to fix it in the next patch!
That was definitely a thing before 0.96a. Vanilla Starsector, too. One of them even has a ship stored when you first find it (i think the one in Corvus?).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: November 26, 2023, 03:48:20 PM »

That was definitely a thing before 0.96a. Vanilla Starsector, too. One of them even has a ship stored when you first find it (i think the one in Corvus?).

Hmm, ok, thanks. I'll be sure to find a solution for this in the next patch.

Evangel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: November 30, 2023, 11:23:36 PM »

I made a UI for the terraforming part, what's your stance on works such as this? Asking for clarification since I can't find license info etc

It's a separate mod that just has a dependency on TASC and LunaLib, no modifications to your stuff.

Spoiler

[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: December 01, 2023, 07:15:07 AM »

I made a UI for the terraforming part, what's your stance on works such as this? Asking for clarification since I can't find license info etc

It's a separate mod that just has a dependency on TASC and LunaLib, no modifications to your stuff.

Spoiler

[close]

That's very impressive!

Anyone can modify TASC however they want and I have no problem with it - feel free to release that mod publicly if you want. I would just request that you test the mod and fix any major bugs before releasing it since I try to maintain the reputation that TASC is not buggy and that bugs are fixed quickly.

Suppose I were to add or modify terraforming projects - would that break your mod?

How would you feel if I created a GitHub to better coordinate development on TASC since multiple developers are working on changes to it now? I know Kaysaar is also making changes related to a collaboration with AotD. Perhaps there's an opportunity to do something like launch your terraforming UI with a right click option on TASC buildings.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: December 01, 2023, 07:29:19 AM »

Spoiler

[close]

That's very impressive!

Anyone can modify TASC however they want and I have no problem with it - feel free to release that mod publicly if you want. I would just request that you test the mod and fix any major bugs before releasing it since I try to maintain the reputation that TASC is not buggy and that bugs are fixed quickly.

Suppose I were to add or modify terraforming projects - would that break your mod?

How would you feel if I created a GitHub to better coordinate development on TASC since multiple developers are working on changes to it now? I know Kaysaar is also making changes related to a collaboration with AotD. Perhaps there's an opportunity to do something like launch your terraforming UI with a right click option on TASC buildings.
I can help with UI development also , honestly that would be good idea boggled if you set github repo

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: December 01, 2023, 07:31:45 AM »

Spoiler

[close]

That's very impressive!

I can help with UI development also , honestly that would be good idea boggled if you set github repo

Ok, I will set one up this weekend.

Kaysaar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: December 01, 2023, 07:33:59 AM »

Spoiler

[close]

That's very impressive!

Ok, I will set one up this weekend.
If so i ll also upload current changes to TASC related to aotd collab
for now its going through testing, but you will see changes by yourself

Evangel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: December 01, 2023, 01:39:09 PM »

It's currently using a hardcoded list of terraforming options that I made by looking through boggledTerraformingProjectRequirementsMet, so adding more wouldn't break it, it just wouldn't show them. A utility function that returns all the terraforming project IDs would get around that.

It's compatible with the current alpha version of AotD - VoK but that required some work on the UI's part since Kaysaar put the requirement checks in the dialog. A github repo to coordinate and submit patches would definitely help.

The UI is opened by an ability, but the entire UI is independent, so could be opened from anywhere. It's a LunaLib LunaBaseCustomPanelPlugin, so there shouldn't be issues there.

MJM4444

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: December 02, 2023, 06:47:18 PM »

How would one go about building an Astropolis in orbit of a planet with a moon?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: December 03, 2023, 01:58:08 AM »

I'm not sure you can, or at least not unless the world is sufficiently large enough.  I know I've been denied building one because there wasn't enough room in orbit because the world had a moon.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: December 03, 2023, 07:47:10 AM »

I'm not sure you can, or at least not unless the world is sufficiently large enough.  I know I've been denied building one because there wasn't enough room in orbit because the world had a moon.

There's a settings option to disable the criteria for building an astropolis if you don't want to be limited by them.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: December 03, 2023, 06:33:14 PM »

Hello all,

I created a GitHub repo for TASC at https://github.com/boggledstarsector/tasc. If you want to contribute, please PM me so I can grant you collaborator permissions.

Lunchbox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: December 06, 2023, 08:51:16 AM »

how do I build a station? am i missing something? I know the mod is installed and station building is enabled? I found this system but it has an earthlike and a barren husk and I want to make a manufactory station. Also please add a how to in the into of the mod so we newbs don't have to search 200+ pages

Ragnarok101

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: December 06, 2023, 11:13:12 AM »

how do I build a station? am i missing something? I know the mod is installed and station building is enabled? I found this system but it has an earthlike and a barren husk and I want to make a manufactory station. Also please add a how to in the into of the mod so we newbs don't have to search 200+ pages

Go into orbit and dig through your ability hotkeys (the same ones you use for stuff like sustained burn, going dark, etc). There's an option for each of the station types, which require certain resources and planet types.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 223