Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1103353 times)

Bobamelius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.5)
« Reply #2970 on: September 14, 2023, 10:33:54 PM »

Where is Asteroid Processing? I have a siphon station and asteroid belts in the system, and a barren planet to terraform, but Asteroid Processing just... doesn't appear to exist. It doesn't even show up when searching industries in the console, or when looking at the industries.csv file in the mod directory.

Am I crazy? Blind?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: September 15, 2023, 07:14:31 AM »

Where is Asteroid Processing? I have a siphon station and asteroid belts in the system, and a barren planet to terraform, but Asteroid Processing just... doesn't appear to exist. It doesn't even show up when searching industries in the console, or when looking at the industries.csv file in the mod directory.

Am I crazy? Blind?

It's a "reskin" of Ismara's Sling so it won't show up in the console.

It can only be built on stations, and you need to have Ismara's Sling enabled in the settings file (it's enabled by default). If you still can't build it on your stations, please post a screenshot of the station in question and the settings file and I will take a look.

Given that the feature would not work for the plasma dynamo, and that it could cause incompatibilities with other mods, I think it's best not to make changes to allow disabling special items on stations, especially since the player can simply not install them if they don't want to.

That makes sense; it’s tough to handle inconsistencies that are hard-baked into the game. Still, what you’ve accomplished with this mod is very impressive, and I don’t understand why station market construction/reclamation isn’t part of the base game. It seems like a natural extension given abandoned mining stations are sitting around all over the sector and our colonies can already build orbital star fortresses. From a gameplay perspective it’s an excellent means of making systems with only one or two planets more viable for colonization.

Like, if the damn pirates can build hidden station markets to harass us whenever they want will we sure as heck should be able to build our own.

Edit: Having the option remove the 'no atmosphere' condition alone might work. I have no issues with using plasma dynamos on siphon stations, as they're extensions of the gas giant they orbit. Mantle bores on the other hand are intended to drill deep into planets and seem out of place on mining stations.

Yeah, I'm surprised station construction/colonization hasn't been added to vanilla in some form. Maybe it will be in the future.

I don't intend to make changes to disable just the "no atmosphere" special items on stations. It would be a non-default option and I don't think it would improve the gameplay much because players who don't want to use those items on stations can simply not do so.

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: September 29, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »

Heya just a heads up that the setting for turning off domain artifacts on cryosanctum seems broken.

EmperorLuuk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: October 01, 2023, 01:54:01 AM »

How can i start terraforming? I feel like im missing a button in the menu to start it. I vaguely remember thats how it used to be a few years ago. Should there be a menu in my colony screen when i dock? Can't find it under special function either.
I have ismara's sling (on ismara funnily enough), atmospheric proccesor and the genelab building, and all demands met for them.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 02:03:25 AM by EmperorLuuk »

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: October 01, 2023, 02:16:27 AM »

How can i start terraforming? I feel like im missing a button in the menu to start it. I vaguely remember thats how it used to be a few years ago. Should there be a menu in my colony screen when i dock? Can't find it under special function either.
I have ismara's sling (on ismara funnily enough), atmospheric proccesor and the genelab building, and all demands met for them.

It's now a button you can add to your hotbar, so you can order terraforming done remotely

SteelHeart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: October 01, 2023, 08:39:55 PM »

Would it be possible to make the Ashes of the Domain Stellamanufactorum produce Domain Era Artifacts? It would increase compatibility and make some thematic sense since that thing can make nanoforges.

EmperorLuuk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: October 01, 2023, 10:18:16 PM »

It's now a button you can add to your hotbar, so you can order terraforming done remotely

Thank you that was it! Maybe it could be added to the mainpage, or im just blind. Love this mod anyway, thanks alot for it :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: October 02, 2023, 12:06:00 PM »

Thank you that was it! Maybe it could be added to the mainpage, or im just blind. Love this mod anyway, thanks alot for it :)

I'm going to try to add buttons to open the terraforming menu to TASC buildings on the colony management screen in the next patch. Hopefully that will make it more convenient to open the menu and it will be harder to miss.

Would it be possible to make the Ashes of the Domain Stellamanufactorum produce Domain Era Artifacts? It would increase compatibility and make some thematic sense since that thing can make nanoforges.

Hmm, I think that might need to be added from the AotD side since I don't want to overwrite content from AotD in TASC. It should be trivial for Kaysaar to add that (if they want to) with code like the below:

Code
if(Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("Terraforming & Station Construction"))
{
    supply("domain_artifacts", (size - 2));
}

Heya just a heads up that the setting for turning off domain artifacts on cryosanctum seems broken.

Hello, I just tested this and the setting appears to work. Can you please provide the steps you followed to create the situation where it's not working as expected?

Desregaurd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: October 02, 2023, 11:30:05 PM »

Hmm, I think that might need to be added from the AotD side since I don't want to overwrite content from AotD in TASC. It should be trivial for Kaysaar to add that (if they want to) with code like the below:

Code
if(Global.getSettings().getModManager().isModEnabled("Terraforming & Station Construction"))
{
}

I remember this being brought up by that user in the AotD thread initially. This was the mod author's response that led him to post here:
Just a thing, what if the Stellamanufactorum produced Domain Artifacts if TASC is installed and has them turned on? Its not always convenient to have a ruins world where you cna grow it and set up Domain archeology, and this thing literally lets you make pristine nanoforges.
This issue should be addressed to author of TASC , as Stella Manufactorium uses CSV for items production , which TASC could implement on their side

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: October 03, 2023, 06:36:33 AM »

Hello, I just tested this and the setting appears to work. Can you please provide the steps you followed to create the situation where it's not working as expected?

Ok so I found the issue.

If I enable boggledCryosanctumPlayerBuildEnabled I can build the BOGGLED_CRYOSANCTUM industry and, provided I enabled boggledDomainTechContentEnabled, it will require domain artifacts.

If I enable boggledCryosanctumReplaceEverywhere it will replace all vanilla cryosanctums in the sector with BOGGLED_CRYOSANCTUM, so if I keep it off that means that NPC cryosanctums won't require domain artifacts HOWEVER as the player I can only build BOGGLED_CRYOSANCTUM and not the vanilla cryosanctum meaning I still have to meet the domain artifact demand.

I hope that's clear.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 07:13:52 AM by JamesTripleQ »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: October 03, 2023, 07:40:32 AM »

Ok so I found the issue.

If I enable boggledCryosanctumPlayerBuildEnabled I can build the BOGGLED_CRYOSANCTUM industry and, provided I enabled boggledDomainTechContentEnabled, it will require domain artifacts.

If I enable boggledCryosanctumReplaceEverywhere it will replace all vanilla cryosanctums in the sector with BOGGLED_CRYOSANCTUM, so if I keep it off that means that NPC cryosanctums won't require domain artifacts HOWEVER as the player I can only build BOGGLED_CRYOSANCTUM and not the vanilla cryosanctum meaning I still have to meet the domain artifact demand.

I hope that's clear.

Ah, I see what you mean. The player-built cryosanctum will only demand Domain-era artifacts if the player has Domain Archaeology enabled. I imagine there are very few players who keep Domain Archaeology enabled but don't want cryosanctums to demand Domain-era artifacts, but I can add a check for the "cryosanctum demands artifacts" setting in the next patch to accommodate that configuration. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Code
{
}

I remember this being brought up by that user in the AotD thread initially. This was the mod author's response that led him to post here:
Just a thing, what if the Stellamanufactorum produced Domain Artifacts if TASC is installed and has them turned on? Its not always convenient to have a ruins world where you cna grow it and set up Domain archeology, and this thing literally lets you make pristine nanoforges.
This issue should be addressed to author of TASC , as Stella Manufactorium uses CSV for items production , which TASC could implement on their side

I wasn't aware a CSV file was used to determine production for that building. I can certainly add that to TASC in the next patch. Since it's a CSV, the player could configure it themselves in the meantime. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

StariTV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: October 11, 2023, 02:26:47 PM »

can I disable terraforming in this mod to use DIY Planets?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: October 11, 2023, 05:35:04 PM »

can I disable terraforming in this mod to use DIY Planets?

Yes, please use the settings file or the LunaLib in-game GUI to do so.

StariTV

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: October 13, 2023, 09:21:56 PM »

can't commerce be built at stations?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: October 14, 2023, 07:27:48 AM »

can't commerce be built at stations?

Yes, the vanilla commerce industry can be built at stations.
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 223