Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105371 times)

Jimminy Crimbles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.5)
« Reply #2910 on: August 10, 2023, 12:58:24 AM »

The lobster proliferation mod seems to have a flaw in that it says soil is needed to build the aquaculture building  ???
Which might have some odd interactions with TASC's terraforming, should you change a planet to a water world.
But nothing that can't be mitigated by use of console commands.

If lobster proliferation works properly on a vanilla water world it should work fine on a water world created using TASC. If the planet is terraformed to a different type after the lobster proliferation building has already been constructed then there might be unintended behavior.

so i just tested this. aquaculture works fine if you try to build it on a natural water world, but it's broken on a terraformed water world.

here's a quick and dirty fix that works for me:
head into \Lobster Proliferation 2.0.0\data\scripts\campaign, and open LobsterFarming
then find this code:
Code
	@Override
public boolean isAvailableToBuild() {
if (!super.isAvailableToBuild()) return false;
boolean aquaculture = Industries.AQUACULTURE.equals(getId());
boolean canAquaculture = market.getPlanetEntity() != null &&
AQUA_PLANETS.contains(market.getPlanetEntity().getTypeId());
if (aquaculture != canAquaculture) return false;

for (MarketConditionAPI mc : market.getConditions()) {
if (ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId()) == null) {
return false;
}
String commodity = ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId()).toString();
if (commodity != null) {
String industry = ResourceDepositsCondition.INDUSTRY.get(commodity).toString();
if (Industries.FARMING.equals(industry)) return true;
}
}
return false;
}

and replace it with the vanilla aquaculture code here:
Code
    if (!super.isAvailableToBuild())
      return false;
    boolean aquaculture = "aquaculture".equals(getId());
    boolean canAquaculture = (this.market.getPlanetEntity() != null &&
      AQUA_PLANETS.contains(this.market.getPlanetEntity().getTypeId()));
    if (aquaculture != canAquaculture)
      return false;
    for (MarketConditionAPI mc : this.market.getConditions()) {
      String commodity = (String)ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId());
      if (commodity != null) {
        String industry = (String)ResourceDepositsCondition.INDUSTRY.get(commodity);
        if ("farming".equals(industry))
          return true;
      }
    }
    return false;
  }

GuerrillaGorilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: August 10, 2023, 06:44:09 AM »

Code
This planet type is unsupported by TASC. Planet type nskr_ice_desert

I don't know what mod "nskr" is. If I google it Seeker comes up, but I don't have it installed so it can't be that.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: August 10, 2023, 04:44:30 PM »

Code

I don't know what mod "nskr" is. If I google it Seeker comes up, but I don't have it installed so it can't be that.

Hmm, what is the name of the planet? Perhaps other players here will recognize what mod it's from.

The lobster proliferation mod seems to have a flaw in that it says soil is needed to build the aquaculture building  ???
Which might have some odd interactions with TASC's terraforming, should you change a planet to a water world.
But nothing that can't be mitigated by use of console commands.

If lobster proliferation works properly on a vanilla water world it should work fine on a water world created using TASC. If the planet is terraformed to a different type after the lobster proliferation building has already been constructed then there might be unintended behavior.

so i just tested this. aquaculture works fine if you try to build it on a natural water world, but it's broken on a terraformed water world.

here's a quick and dirty fix that works for me:
head into \Lobster Proliferation 2.0.0\data\scripts\campaign, and open LobsterFarming
then find this code:
Code
	@Override
if (!super.isAvailableToBuild()) return false;
boolean aquaculture = Industries.AQUACULTURE.equals(getId());
boolean canAquaculture = market.getPlanetEntity() != null &&
AQUA_PLANETS.contains(market.getPlanetEntity().getTypeId());
if (aquaculture != canAquaculture) return false;

for (MarketConditionAPI mc : market.getConditions()) {
if (ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId()) == null) {
return false;
}
String commodity = ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId()).toString();
if (commodity != null) {
String industry = ResourceDepositsCondition.INDUSTRY.get(commodity).toString();
if (Industries.FARMING.equals(industry)) return true;
}
}
return false;
}

and replace it with the vanilla aquaculture code here:
Code
    if (!super.isAvailableToBuild())
      return false;
    boolean aquaculture = "aquaculture".equals(getId());
    boolean canAquaculture = (this.market.getPlanetEntity() != null &&
      AQUA_PLANETS.contains(this.market.getPlanetEntity().getTypeId()));
    if (aquaculture != canAquaculture)
      return false;
    for (MarketConditionAPI mc : this.market.getConditions()) {
      String commodity = (String)ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId());
      if (commodity != null) {
        String industry = (String)ResourceDepositsCondition.INDUSTRY.get(commodity);
        if ("farming".equals(industry))
          return true;
      }
    }
    return false;
  }

That's very interesting. As far as I can tell, those two code blocks should be functionally identical. I'm curious why the author of Lobster Profileration rewrote that code to do the same thing using different syntax. I'll take a look and try to figure out what's going on. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Jimminy Crimbles

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: August 10, 2023, 04:45:05 PM »

Code

it's from lost_sector.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: August 10, 2023, 04:46:36 PM »

Code

it's from lost sector.

Thank you! I'll try to release a patch soon to add support.

GuerrillaGorilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: August 11, 2023, 08:43:41 AM »

Code
it's from lost sector.
Thank you! I'll try to release a patch soon to add support.
Thank you. In hindsight I think I could have used Notepad++'s "find in files" feature to discover which mod it was, I even used it before to clean up a couple dumb "tips".
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 08:49:27 AM by GuerrillaGorilla »

jvaler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: August 11, 2023, 01:01:28 PM »

Domain-Era Artifacts have a global market value of 8,000, making it incredibly unprofitable to build the Domain Archeology industry and take up an industry slot.

Are there any thoughts on somehow increasing this to make ruins a more valuable market condition and Domain Archeology a viable industry? Or is the extremely low market value purposeful?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: August 11, 2023, 01:39:08 PM »

Domain-Era Artifacts have a global market value of 8,000, making it incredibly unprofitable to build the Domain Archeology industry and take up an industry slot.

Are there any thoughts on somehow increasing this to make ruins a more valuable market condition and Domain Archeology a viable industry? Or is the extremely low market value purposeful?

I think Domain-era artifacts have a high market value individually relative to other commodities, right?

The primary purpose of the Domain Archaeology building is not to generate income through exports. In vanilla, the maximum available amount of Domain-era artifacts produced by NPC colonies is only four, whereas many of the more powerful buildings in TASC require more than that. The player having a large colony with Domain Archaeology is meant to be a sort of "gate" to the late game content in TASC.

jvaler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: August 11, 2023, 02:03:09 PM »

I think Domain-era artifacts have a high market value individually relative to other commodities, right?

Their value as an item is high, but their global market value as a commodity is extremely low relative to other commodities

The primary purpose of the Domain Archaeology building is not to generate income through exports. In vanilla, the maximum available amount of Domain-era artifacts produced by NPC colonies is only four, whereas many of the more powerful buildings in TASC require more than that. The player having a large colony with Domain Archaeology is meant to be a sort of "gate" to the late game content in TASC.

Oh okay, this makes sense. Sort of like how most of AoTD's resources are extremely unprofitable (aside from rectifates and biotics) and act as a sort of secondary tech tree?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: August 11, 2023, 02:38:00 PM »

Their value as an item is high, but their global market value as a commodity is extremely low relative to other commodities

Agreed on this, and that's intended.

Oh okay, this makes sense. Sort of like how most of AoTD's resources are extremely unprofitable (aside from rectifates and biotics) and act as a sort of secondary tech tree?

Yeah, it's meant to act sort of like a tech tree in that the player has to reach a certain level of power before they can access some of the endgame content.

SirFfuzzyLogik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: August 12, 2023, 09:49:45 PM »

Did you also install Ashes of the Domain? It has a research system where many TASC buildings must be researched before they can be built.

That's why I couldn't find the atmospheric processor. Thanks for the clarification!

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: August 13, 2023, 03:28:12 AM »

Was playing The Last Hurrah and was thinking about what the Pathers did to Mayasura for terraforming, any thoughts on adding interaction with Pathers for something similar for "making a false paradise" as they'd say?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: August 13, 2023, 12:19:26 PM »

Was playing The Last Hurrah and was thinking about what the Pathers did to Mayasura for terraforming, any thoughts on adding interaction with Pathers for something similar for "making a false paradise" as they'd say?

This is sort of covered by the very high Pather interest generated by most of TASC's buildings. Terraforming projects usually require at least one or two of these buildings.

Cykodelik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: August 15, 2023, 12:09:06 PM »

So I I just built a sling on a cryovolcanic world and I still don't have access to large quantaties of water. Do I need to build to, is there a distance issue?

Basically how does Imsara's sling work???

I am getting "moderate amounts of water" as green now but I don't know if it started like that

Great mod and thank you but we really need a guide or just tooltips maybe?

Cykodelik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: August 15, 2023, 12:13:18 PM »

I just read the sling only works in the same system. Shame all my colonized plantes have no elligible plantes to build it on. It seems a tad underpowered to be honest.
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 223