Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105484 times)

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.4)
« Reply #2850 on: July 05, 2023, 09:11:13 PM »

They already have that in asteroid processing, at stations.

Any station type? I havent noticed that before!

RichoDemus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: July 06, 2023, 12:54:56 PM »

I'm supposed to report this bug to you :)

https://imgur.com/a/p51VZKa

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: July 06, 2023, 12:56:48 PM »

Hey, I don't see anything bugged in that image. What am I missing?

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: July 06, 2023, 06:41:04 PM »

They probably think the defence strength multiplier is a bug and not intended to be extremely punishing.

Crimsteel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: July 07, 2023, 01:09:54 AM »

I would like to file a complaint.

6009841 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.swapStationSprite(boggledTools.java:992)
   at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Sprite_Controller.advance(Sprite_Controller.java:101)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: July 07, 2023, 03:05:13 PM »

They probably think the defence strength multiplier is a bug and not intended to be extremely punishing.

Oh. Well, it's intended to be extremely punishing. There's now a settings toggle to disable that penalty if the player doesn't like it.

I would like to file a complaint.

6009841 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: illustratedEntities.helper.ImageHandler.setImage(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/campaign/SectorEntityToken;LillustratedEntities/memory/ImageDataEntry;)V
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.swapStationSprite(boggledTools.java:992)
   at data.campaign.econ.conditions.Sprite_Controller.advance(Sprite_Controller.java:101)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

Thanks for reporting this! I'll look into it and try to release a hotfix tomorrow for this and any other Illustrated Entities bugs on 0.96a.

RichoDemus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: July 09, 2023, 04:05:12 PM »

aw crap there was a tooltip or something or a dialogue box that told me to report something but I messed up my screenshot. I'll let you know if I run into it again :(

But on another note, the "no terraforming gas giants" is that an engine limitation or a constraint you've decided upon in your mod?
if it's the latter it would be nice with an option to disable those limitations if I just wanna cheese a bit :)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 04:07:02 PM by RichoDemus »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.5)
« Reply #2857 on: July 09, 2023, 05:16:42 PM »

aw crap there was a tooltip or something or a dialogue box that told me to report something but I messed up my screenshot. I'll let you know if I run into it again :(

But on another note, the "no terraforming gas giants" is that an engine limitation or a constraint you've decided upon in your mod?
if it's the latter it would be nice with an option to disable those limitations if I just wanna cheese a bit :)

Blocking terraforming of gas giants is a constraint I decided to impose in TASC. It's unfortunate that DIY Planets has been abandoned because I know many players would prefer a less restrictive system like the one DIY Planets has.

RichoDemus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: July 10, 2023, 01:04:05 AM »

Blocking terraforming of gas giants is a constraint I decided to impose in TASC. It's unfortunate that DIY Planets has been abandoned because I know many players would prefer a less restrictive system like the one DIY Planets has.

Can you be persuaded to add it as a toggle in the settings? :) you already have tons of things toggleable it's a singleplayer game so I'm only "ruining" my own experience

SCMDR_Aramantha

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2859 on: July 10, 2023, 02:19:48 AM »

Is the new update save compatible?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: July 10, 2023, 06:04:31 AM »

Is the new update save compatible?

Yes!

Can you be persuaded to add it as a toggle in the settings? :) you already have tons of things toggleable it's a singleplayer game so I'm only "ruining" my own experience

Adding this would require significant development work, and most players don't change the settings from the defaults and will never use it. I might add it in the future at some point but I can't promise anything.

BrotherCavalier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2861 on: July 13, 2023, 02:35:15 AM »

Firstly, this mod is REQUIRED for my Starsector install. It adds so much to the stock game play, I cannot help but to offer it my full endorsement. Shameless gushing aside, would it be possible to marks planets as terraforming complete? I tend to have quite a few planets, so the List planets with no terraforming project gets a bit cluttered. Thanks for the mod and for considering the request. Cheers!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: July 13, 2023, 06:42:26 AM »

Firstly, this mod is REQUIRED for my Starsector install. It adds so much to the stock game play, I cannot help but to offer it my full endorsement. Shameless gushing aside, would it be possible to marks planets as terraforming complete? I tend to have quite a few planets, so the List planets with no terraforming project gets a bit cluttered. Thanks for the mod and for considering the request. Cheers!

I'm glad you're enjoying TASC!

That's a good idea - I'll try to implement it in the next update.

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: July 15, 2023, 11:22:23 AM »

Something I would like to see is the option to turn Extreme Heat planets into at least a desert planet (or a barren one) if not an arid one, if you say.. Terraform a Toxic world. Since you can get rid of the toxic atmosphere modifier but can't change its planet type if it has the Extreme Heat modifier.

It makes sense to me at least that if you get rid of the thick, toxic atmosphere that you would be left with either a desert planet or a barren-desert planet and not a.. toxic world without.. a toxic atmosphere.
Which could then in turn be turned slightly more habitable, or remove the atmosphere completely.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: July 15, 2023, 01:38:39 PM »

Something I would like to see is the option to turn Extreme Heat planets into at least a desert planet (or a barren one) if not an arid one, if you say.. Terraform a Toxic world. Since you can get rid of the toxic atmosphere modifier but can't change its planet type if it has the Extreme Heat modifier.

It makes sense to me at least that if you get rid of the thick, toxic atmosphere that you would be left with either a desert planet or a barren-desert planet and not a.. toxic world without.. a toxic atmosphere.
Which could then in turn be turned slightly more habitable, or remove the atmosphere completely.

I've already addressed "extreme heat" and "extreme cold" terraforming in this thread. Basically I don't want to spend a large amount of development time on something very few players would use.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 223