Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105487 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.4)
« Reply #2835 on: June 30, 2023, 01:32:59 PM »

my farm was not producing anything. I think I had not researched the tech enough and had started the game shortly before I activated the mod, so my farm was already built...

after researching 2 farming related things (finished artisanal farming), my farm still did not produce anything.

so I shut it down, hoping that rebuilding it would solve the issue or bug.

but it does not show up anymore in the options for colony structures.... is there any way to fix this?

thanks for the help

edit:
so it turns out I lost the farmland a few months ago, and I got pollution a few months later. is this a thing from the base game? I don't remember that. and I also don't remember reading it in any mod description...

is it this mod who does this?

Research functionality and different types of farming industries is from AotD, not TASC.

justnewaccount3131

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: June 30, 2023, 03:19:29 PM »

oops :) thanks

zacharywere

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a-RC6] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.6)
« Reply #2837 on: June 30, 2023, 08:09:17 PM »

do i have to be in 0.96a i want to be in 95.1a and have this mod but I don't have the option if you could give me a older version i would love to download this mod

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 01, 2023, 07:15:52 AM »

do i have to be in 0.96a i want to be in 95.1a and have this mod but I don't have the option if you could give me a older version i would love to download this mod

All the old versions of TASC are stored at the below link.

https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/tree/master/Old

ttds flat-d major

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 01, 2023, 10:53:40 AM »

Artefact can be crafted in a pristine-forge-equipped orbital work but can't in an AotD supreme orbital work, or both kind.
Literally AotD super orbital works of both kind integrate pr-forge within, yet both work not with and without any forge.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: July 01, 2023, 11:25:49 AM »

Artefact can be crafted in a pristine-forge-equipped orbital work but can't in an AotD supreme orbital work, or both kind.
Literally AotD super orbital works of both kind integrate pr-forge within, yet both work not with and without any forge.

Hmm, I'll look into adding support for that new kind of forge in my next TASC update. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Akekho

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: July 01, 2023, 02:51:18 PM »

I really like this mod, it adds great flexiblity to planing your colonies when the game refuses to give you good a system. But i have one complaint regarding resource improvement projects. its the fact that improving organic deposits is free. while for example improving farmland requires either 2 adequate worlds or a world and a station with terraforming structure on one of them, so there is adequate cost with it, however there is no reason not to improve organics deposits on cd since it costs literaly nothing other than time. All other projects require some work with costs associated with the structure upkeep and construction. soo i think some cost or prerequirement for it would be adequate. It fells weird to be able to just tell your colony to make more organic deposits for free.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: July 01, 2023, 07:56:25 PM »

I really like this mod, it adds great flexiblity to planing your colonies when the game refuses to give you good a system. But i have one complaint regarding resource improvement projects. its the fact that improving organic deposits is free. while for example improving farmland requires either 2 adequate worlds or a world and a station with terraforming structure on one of them, so there is adequate cost with it, however there is no reason not to improve organics deposits on cd since it costs literaly nothing other than time. All other projects require some work with costs associated with the structure upkeep and construction. soo i think some cost or prerequirement for it would be adequate. It fells weird to be able to just tell your colony to make more organic deposits for free.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I agree, and in a future patch I will be making a few changes to the costs associated with terraforming projects.

qws2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: July 01, 2023, 09:46:34 PM »

I updated this mod for 8.4.4. I can build mod builings, but terraforming control panel disappeared in colony screen.
I tried to disenabled everymod else except this mod and Nexelin. But it remains the same.
Can I get the previous version?

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: July 01, 2023, 10:50:24 PM »

@qws2 they changed it now the terraforming is done through a "ability" on the bar. just select an empty spot and then you can put the terraforming menu there and use it.

ttds flat-d major

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: July 01, 2023, 11:46:46 PM »

Hmm, I'll look into adding support for that new kind of forge in my next TASC update. Thanks for letting me know about this!

thx. AotD also has a problem that artefacts can't be INSTALLED TO OR UNINSTALLED FROM an upgraded industry.(e.g. A mantle bore can be installed into a Mining, but not a Benefication, with the latter requiring a mantle bore consumed to upgrade from the former. When you order an upgrade from a Mining to a Benefication and consume the bore within, you CAN install another bore to the upgrade-in-progress industry, but once completes, you can never install any bore, nor uninstall one if there is)
So it might be a little better to wait until AotD fixes such feature, or something would work weirdly, at least seemingly.

qws2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: July 02, 2023, 12:44:20 AM »

@qws2 they changed it now the terraforming is done through a "ability" on the bar. just select an empty spot and then you can put the terraforming menu there and use it.

I found it! Thanks!

Coil

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: July 02, 2023, 01:53:00 AM »

Any chance you might incorporate the DIY planets idea of comet capture? It's a nifty and lore friendly way to get water without one the designated water types planets!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2023, 01:57:54 AM by Coil »

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: July 02, 2023, 02:47:41 AM »

They already have that in asteroid processing, at stations.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: July 02, 2023, 10:48:19 AM »

thx. AotD also has a problem that artefacts can't be INSTALLED TO OR UNINSTALLED FROM an upgraded industry.(e.g. A mantle bore can be installed into a Mining, but not a Benefication, with the latter requiring a mantle bore consumed to upgrade from the former. When you order an upgrade from a Mining to a Benefication and consume the bore within, you CAN install another bore to the upgrade-in-progress industry, but once completes, you can never install any bore, nor uninstall one if there is)
So it might be a little better to wait until AotD fixes such feature, or something would work weirdly, at least seemingly.

Hmm, thanks for letting me know about that. I anticipate I won't be releasing the next update for a few months so that will give Kaysaar plenty of time to fix those bugs with the new type of forge in AotD.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 223