Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105294 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.4.4)
« Reply #2820 on: June 24, 2023, 01:11:58 PM »

Getting a couple different crashes, figured I'd ask about it here.

First, happens whenever I try to create a mining station:

Spoiler
93743 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.class.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.return.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.showInteractionDialog(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.createMiningStationMarket(boggledTools.java:3185)
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Mining_Station.activateImpl(Construct_Mining_Station.java:72)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.G.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o0O0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.W.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
[close]

It would have been my first colony, so thought that might be the issue. Tried colonizing nearby, went fine, but trying to interact with the new colony after leaving for the first time gave this crash:

Spoiler
78055 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.class.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.super(Unknown Source)
78501 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.D.return  -
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.class.Õ00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.return.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.D.return$1.run(Unknown Source)
79002 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.D.return  -
79505 [Thread-10] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.D.return  -
[close]

Any ideas? I'm not running any other major mods.

Edit: Crashes originally occurred on 8.3.2 version, but I was able to reproduce them after updating to 8.4.4. Also cross-posted to the bug reports modded subforum on the advice of someone smarter than me

Hello,

Neither of those stack traces has any reference to TASC in them. I've never heard of this crash before so I suspect another mod is causing it. If you're able to replicate the crash, can you please try doing so with only TASC (no other mods) enabled?

Hello i have a crash when installing a stellar mirror array on a irradied world :

1974082 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui._.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.thissuper.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.m.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.n.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.interfacenew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.MarketConditionsWidget.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.float.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.class.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.L.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.public.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.do.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.classsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Same as above - there's no mention of TASC in that stack trace. Can you please try to replicate the crash with only TASC enabled?

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: June 24, 2023, 09:04:29 PM »

I don't know why you think I'm being malicious or lying. Not trying to be hostile.

there's meant to be a screenshot here i don't know why it won't load (https://imgur.com/a/r2X1tpF) (https://imgur.com/a/tcvQVMS)

Below the surface, through the surface.
Then based on Organics sounds like a industry for converting Food to Organics would make sense.

I don't think Planet Cracking would be a good option for accessing Coal/Oil/Gas, but call it Fracking or pretend you're dealing with a CEO who calls it Planet Cracking to sound extreme and it makes sense.

Kat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: June 25, 2023, 01:28:03 PM »

am I right in thinking the defence penalty for dome cities can only be toggled on or off (via the settings.json file), and can't be altered from its 0.05x multiplier to a 0.25x multiplier?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: June 25, 2023, 02:12:31 PM »

am I right in thinking the defence penalty for dome cities can only be toggled on or off (via the settings.json file), and can't be altered from its 0.05x multiplier to a 0.25x multiplier?

That's correct. It can be toggled on and off but setting it to a custom value would require editing the source code and recompiling.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: June 27, 2023, 11:58:55 PM »

Im guessing "no atmosphere" is handled similarly to extreme heat/cold in that you can't change it.

As an extension of past ideas(from myself and others) with additional thought: What about a toggle for "extreme terraforming" to allow correcting extreme heat/cold and tectonic activity using upgrades to existing terraforming structures, then having an "unrealistic/extreme far future terraforming" option which is disabled by default and would allow the terraforming of any planet, including but not limited to: gas/ice giants, volcanic planets, and irradiated planets

Vaelophisnyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: June 28, 2023, 01:57:37 AM »

Im guessing "no atmosphere" is handled similarly to extreme heat/cold in that you can't change it.

As an extension of past ideas(from myself and others) with additional thought: What about a toggle for "extreme terraforming" to allow correcting extreme heat/cold and tectonic activity using upgrades to existing terraforming structures, then having an "unrealistic/extreme far future terraforming" option which is disabled by default and would allow the terraforming of any planet, including but not limited to: gas/ice giants, volcanic planets, and irradiated planets

Actually as long as you can place an atmo. processor, you can add an atmosphere iirc (same project as improving a thin or dense one)

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: June 28, 2023, 09:55:51 AM »

Actually as long as you can place an atmo. processor, you can add an atmosphere iirc (same project as improving a thin or dense one)
Weird, didn't work last time I tried that, maybe it's because I've been using v8.4.2 and not the latest version?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: June 28, 2023, 04:41:50 PM »

Weird, didn't work last time I tried that, maybe it's because I've been using v8.4.2 and not the latest version?

Did you look at the terraforming menu? There is a project to add an atmosphere to planets that don't have one.

"Extreme terraforming" or a similar concept may get implemented at some point in the future. The problem is that it would require a significant amount of development time to create and most users would not enable it. If I'm going to spend a lot of time on a feature I want it to be something a lot of players will use.

Back when I was collecting data the percentage of users who changed the settings file at all was only like 5% (assuming not many who edited the settings file disabled data collection). That percentage may have increased since I added LunaLib support but I have no way of knowing. Players who post in this thread are very much not representative of the total player base of TASC.

[REDACTED]

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: June 28, 2023, 07:05:03 PM »

Did you look at the terraforming menu? There is a project to add an atmosphere to planets that don't have one.

"Extreme terraforming" or a similar concept may get implemented at some point in the future. The problem is that it would require a significant amount of development time to create and most users would not enable it. If I'm going to spend a lot of time on a feature I want it to be something a lot of players will use.

Back when I was collecting data the percentage of users who changed the settings file at all was only like 5% (assuming not many who edited the settings file disabled data collection). That percentage may have increased since I added LunaLib support but I have no way of knowing. Players who post in this thread are very much not representative of the total player base of TASC.
I'd assume most who edit the settings file disable data collection if they notice it's an option, and of course LunaLib making changing the settings more accessible would most likely increase the number of people that adjust the settings. But that's just what I'd expect based on my own experiences including the fact I disable data collection any time I know it's an option.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: June 29, 2023, 01:05:38 AM »

I've never actually built a siphon station before but i got 3 of those items that improve volatile yield from gas giants--what exactly does a siphon station do vs colonizing a gas giant and would i be able to use the item on the station? Are stations basically colonies without governors?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: June 29, 2023, 02:18:34 PM »

I've never actually built a siphon station before but i got 3 of those items that improve volatile yield from gas giants--what exactly does a siphon station do vs colonizing a gas giant and would i be able to use the item on the station? Are stations basically colonies without governors?

Stations have their own colony with resources and the 12 building limit. They function just like a regular colony on a planet.

The Plasma Dynamo works on siphon stations despite the description implying otherwise.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: June 30, 2023, 07:20:32 AM »

So I just learned that your weapons doctrine affects the loadout of the stations you build, saw a high tech station on reddit with several plasma cannons and lances, doe this behavior also apply to the AI Battlestations you can build?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: June 30, 2023, 07:21:48 AM »

So I just learned that your weapons doctrine affects the loadout of the stations you build, saw a high tech station on reddit with several plasma cannons and lances, doe this behavior also apply to the AI Battlestations you can build?

I assume so. Test it and report back!

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: June 30, 2023, 07:38:47 AM »

I assume so. Test it and report back!
Gaming laptop is out of commission for the time being, I'll get back to you on that in about... Whenever it's working again, lol.

justnewaccount3131

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: June 30, 2023, 01:07:57 PM »

my farm was not producing anything. I think I had not researched the tech enough and had started the game shortly before I activated the mod, so my farm was already built...

after researching 2 farming related things (finished artisanal farming), my farm still did not produce anything.

so I shut it down, hoping that rebuilding it would solve the issue or bug.

but it does not show up anymore in the options for colony structures.... is there any way to fix this?

thanks for the help

edit:
so it turns out I lost the farmland a few months ago, and I got pollution a few months later. is this a thing from the base game? I don't remember that. and I also don't remember reading it in any mod description...

is it this mod who does this?

my colony was never bombarded and I do not use a nanoforge or even heavy industry. so I do not know what caused this. any help would be appreciated.

also please tell me if there's a mod that can remove it. I consider the whole mechanic bulls__t. in scifi, everything should be changeable.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 01:38:17 PM by justnewaccount3131 »
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 223