Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105234 times)

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2610 on: May 23, 2023, 03:33:38 AM »

I want to terraform a barren world, but turns out i have no water in the sector.

Is it possible to add a modifier on a planet with console commands so the requirement to have water for terraforming (Colony has a moderate amount of water present) is green?
Or turn another planet into a ice world and then have the ice slinging thingy.

I tried adding condition - Water or Terran but the text is still orange
Build asteroid mining station first and then asteroid mining, it will give water afaik.

Toxo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: May 23, 2023, 05:21:36 AM »

I want to terraform a barren world, but turns out i have no water in the sector.

Is it possible to add a modifier on a planet with console commands so the requirement to have water for terraforming (Colony has a moderate amount of water present) is green?

Build asteroid mining station first and then asteroid mining, it will give water afaik.

This.
It gives enough water to turn that barren world straight into a waterworld.

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: May 23, 2023, 07:30:22 AM »

Hey so when I build the Hypershunt does the colony still need to be there? I.e is the hypershunt tied to the colony like an orbital station or does it stay around the sun like regular hypershunts?

I wanna build one in Al Gebbar where the Luddic Path have Epiphany, to really rub it in their face lol. But keeping a colony there could be problematic even though I have positive relations with them

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: May 23, 2023, 07:37:55 AM »

Hey so when I build the Hypershunt does the colony still need to be there? I.e is the hypershunt tied to the colony like an orbital station or does it stay around the sun like regular hypershunts?

I wanna build one in Al Gebbar where the Luddic Path have Epiphany, to really rub it in their face lol. But keeping a colony there could be problematic even though I have positive relations with them

Once the hypershunt is complete you can remove the building and abandon the colony.

Lone_Ape

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: May 23, 2023, 10:10:49 PM »

This.

No asteroids in the system, just 5 planets.
When i settled i thought the Rocky ice world was gonna have water, but no dice

But i can guess i can rift a water world in the there and just terraform that way
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:14:39 PM by Lone_Ape »

TungstenLION

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.3.0)
« Reply #2615 on: May 24, 2023, 12:33:29 AM »

finally i can start my playthrough in new update  :)

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: May 24, 2023, 03:13:27 AM »

This.

But i can guess i can rift a water world in the there and just terraform that way
Wait, Rocky Ice doesn't fulfill the ice requirements? I've not played in a while but shouldn't those also count like Frozen planets? Rocky Ice still has Ice right?

Lone_Ape

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: May 24, 2023, 07:41:18 AM »

This.

Wait, Rocky Ice doesn't fulfill the ice requirements? I've not played in a while but shouldn't those also count like Frozen planets? Rocky Ice still has Ice right?

Would make sense, wouldnt it. But no, you cant build the ice slingy thingy, kind of ruined all my plans, coz food+organics is the only thing really missing here

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: May 24, 2023, 10:47:55 AM »

Hello.
Many thanks for updating the modification, special thanks for the ability to fine-tune through Lunalib, it's just incomparable.
Any plans to make terraforming "remote"? Sometimes it happens that you don%u2019t get to your colonies to turn on one or another terraforming mode.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 11:12:22 AM by FreonRu »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: May 24, 2023, 11:06:46 AM »

This.

https://i.imgur.com/OqNM98c.png

Would make sense, wouldnt it. But no, you cant build the ice slingy thingy, kind of ruined all my plans, coz food+organics is the only thing really missing here

Risking being corrected by Boggled here, i think the logic is that: The Sling is used to shoot out WATER into space, not ICE and rocky ice planets are either snowy or icy worlds, they are basically barren worlds that have a permanent snowstorm. In contrast, Frozen, Cryov and water worlds are described to have water in them, either by erupting water, being 100% water or having hidden oceans.

So no, it makes no sense that Rocky Ice worlds should be eligible for the sling, it's a fault of the name being too similar but just because it says "ICE" in the title doesn't instantly mean it can be launched by the sling, the sling doesn't launch ice it launches water, remember.

MonolithSF

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: May 24, 2023, 12:28:20 PM »

building AI Battlestation crashes the game

Spoiler
1095311 [Thread-3] ERROR lunalib.lunaSettings.LunaSettings  - LunaSettings: Value tier3StationOfficerLevel of type Int not found in JSONObject (ModID: Terraforming & Station Construction)
1097206 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getIntSetting(boggledTools.java:3452)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_Remnant_Station.getHumanCommanderLevel(Boggled_Remnant_Station.java:601)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStation.matchCommanderToAIC ore(OrbitalStation.java:550)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_Remnant_Station.unapply(Boggled_Remnant_Station.java:428)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.reapplyIndustries(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshAllOutpostsEffectsForPlayerOutp osts(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CharacterStats.refreshCharacterStatsEffects(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.reach.ReachEconomy.nextStep(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.nextStep(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.nextStep(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerOpenedMarket(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.startEncounterInvolvingPlayerFleet(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.StarSystem.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)
[close]

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: May 24, 2023, 01:36:21 PM »

This.

Risking being corrected by Boggled here, i think the logic is that: The Sling is used to shoot out WATER into space, not ICE and rocky ice planets are either snowy or icy worlds, they are basically barren worlds that have a permanent snowstorm. In contrast, Frozen, Cryov and water worlds are described to have water in them, either by erupting water, being 100% water or having hidden oceans.

So no, it makes no sense that Rocky Ice worlds should be eligible for the sling, it's a fault of the name being too similar but just because it says "ICE" in the title doesn't instantly mean it can be launched by the sling, the sling doesn't launch ice it launches water, remember.
Nope, you load ice coated with heat-resistant materials into a railgun, then shoot it into space.
THEN you melt it in situ.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: May 24, 2023, 02:34:15 PM »

This.

Nope, you load ice coated with heat-resistant materials into a railgun, then shoot it into space.

Not sure were you're getting your info from as neither the Sling in the mod or Ismara itself in vanilla make reference to ever launching ice. Ismara estates it launches "water filled projectiles" and the sling in the mod follows this logic accordingly.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: May 24, 2023, 02:40:12 PM »

This.

Not sure were you're getting your info from as neither the Sling in the mod or Ismara itself in vanilla make reference to ever launching ice. Ismara estates it launches "water filled projectiles" and the sling in the mod follows this logic accordingly.
Then probably mixing it up with something else, sorry.

Arkmagus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: May 24, 2023, 02:48:59 PM »

thanks for the update, couldn't bear playing a faction without the stations and terraforming options
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 223