Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105233 times)

Soviet Tom Bombadil

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2595 on: May 21, 2023, 12:33:56 PM »

missing TASC and IndEvo hard right now. Didn't realize how much of my game experience was connected to these 2 mods.

TASC still works fine with boggled's most recent "unofficial" version he posted somewhere in the past couple pages. Haven't tried IndEvo.

Neat, will try. Thank you.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: May 21, 2023, 01:05:49 PM »

missing TASC and IndEvo hard right now. Didn't realize how much of my game experience was connected to these 2 mods.

I'm glad you're enjoying TASC!

My "official" 0.96a update will be out soon - the only remaining work is to add support for LunaLib.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: May 21, 2023, 03:09:22 PM »

Between that and indevo, it should give me time to finish my chalenge run before I have to start thinking of what mods to purge during the transition.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: May 22, 2023, 02:49:27 AM »

So... Know how some unique stations like Command And Control, Jangala Station, and Skathi's station become abandoned stations if their markets deciv?
How hard would it be to make a building that "decouples" them from their markets? Allowing you to colonize them?
Representing you reorganizing it into a separate colony.
Like, for skathi, the optimal play is to abandon it to then recolonize both, for double the volatiles.
Why not skip the abandoning and just grant the station independence from the Skathi charter?
This should of course cost a fortune for larger markets, but would scratch my completionist "Itch".
I love making systems as densely settled as possible.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:02:44 AM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: May 22, 2023, 06:04:01 AM »

So... Know how some unique stations like Command And Control, Jangala Station, and Skathi's station become abandoned stations if their markets deciv?
How hard would it be to make a building that "decouples" them from their markets? Allowing you to colonize them?
Like, for skathi, the optimal play is to abandon it to then recolonize both, for double the volatiles.
Why not skip the abandoning and just grant the station independence from the Skathi charter?
This should of course cost a fortune for larger markets, but would scratch my completionist "Itch".

I'm not going to change the vanilla/Nex behavior regarding what happens when these markets are decivilized. I think the current vanilla behavior is probably not intended and might be changed at a later time.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: May 22, 2023, 06:04:58 AM »

I'm not going to change the vanilla/Nex behavior regarding what happens when these markets are decivilized. I think the current vanilla behavior is probably not intended and might be changed at a later time.
Fair enough. It would be a bit broken.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: May 22, 2023, 07:47:15 AM »

Would it be an option to have some kind of Colony threat dissipation? Like some kind of colony option that can slow, stop or maybe even reduce the colony threat indicator somehow? Not sure how to make sense of it from a lore perspective (Local peace corps maybe). Just personally hate that mechanic and inevitably you´re just playing a losing game by having colonies that slowly descend no matter what you do. (To be fair I reacted quite quickly with a big fat NO, so didn´t really explore the progression of the threat system).

I did find a solution somewhere here in the forums, I think it was Alex who posted it. You can reset the colony threat progress with
runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.events.HostileActivityEventIntel.get().setProgress(0)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: May 22, 2023, 08:27:19 AM »

Would it be an option to have some kind of Colony threat dissipation? Like some kind of colony option that can slow, stop or maybe even reduce the colony threat indicator somehow? Not sure how to make sense of it from a lore perspective (Local peace corps maybe). Just personally hate that mechanic and inevitably you´re just playing a losing game by having colonies that slowly descend no matter what you do. (To be fair I reacted quite quickly with a big fat NO, so didn´t really explore the progression of the threat system).

I did find a solution somewhere here in the forums, I think it was Alex who posted it. You can reset the colony threat progress with
runcode com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.intel.events.HostileActivityEventIntel.get().setProgress(0)

Have you tried the CHAMELEON building?

Either way, I'm definitely not going to implement something that simply sets the colony threat progress to zero.

Mora32

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: May 22, 2023, 12:52:16 PM »

0.96a vers when?

BoogieMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: May 22, 2023, 03:30:01 PM »

I forgot, is this the mod that adds the "Repair Dock" to some planets? There is one on the Tri-Tachyon world Culann in Hybrasil. I get an instant crash when I mouse over it.

I know the mod hasn't been updated yet and I am not surprised that it is crashing - I just wanted to try and narrow down the mod that may be causing it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:36:15 PM by BoogieMan »

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: May 22, 2023, 03:40:59 PM »

I forgot, is this the mod that adds the "Repair Dock" to some planets?

No.

BoogieMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: May 22, 2023, 03:42:29 PM »

No.

Thanks. I'm thinking it's probably Industrial Evolution.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: May 22, 2023, 03:44:04 PM »

No.

I literally just linked it to you...

BoogieMan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: May 22, 2023, 04:35:00 PM »

No.

I literally just linked it to you...

Perhaps it's my monitor settings or my eyes, but the fact that was a link was imperceptible to me until I saw your post and cursored over it. Looking closely, I can tell it very VERY slightly a different color of font.

Lone_Ape

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: May 23, 2023, 03:11:19 AM »

I want to terraform a barren world, but turns out i have no water in the sector.

Is it possible to add a modifier on a planet with console commands so the requirement to have water for terraforming (Colony has a moderate amount of water present) is green?
Or turn another planet into a ice world and then have the ice slinging thingy.

I tried adding condition - Water or Terran but the text is still orange
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 223