Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105361 times)

Pagan Pope

• Ensign
  • Local lobster smuggler
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2550 on: May 17, 2023, 05:43:22 AM »

Hello dear modder, if you still working on this mod and intend to update it to 0.96
could you maybe implement small change (ether full or togable in config) that when habitable planet is terraformed, it automatically does not get volatiles and rare ore (thy can be added throu improvments) cause it sometimes kinda makes terraforming desert planet into teran planet worse due to not being able to use soil nanites.
I hope that change could be implemented, and i am sorry if i insulted you whit proposing such change, it was not my intention. im just fan of your mod who things these changes could make it better

brunocss

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 17, 2023, 08:22:51 AM »

So I installed this and got it up and running and so far it is siiiccckkkk. I got a couple of questions before get really stuck into it though:

-Do Astropolis inherit the resource nodes of the planet they are orbiting? I have an high hazard planet in my system that has ruins and I would like to get a Domain Archaeology up and running.

-Following on from that does the Domain Archaeology building increase its production with colony size/installed AI cores? I want to figure out how many Domain-era Artifacts I can make per month so I can plan my improvements.

-Does having a Domain Archaeology building conflict with techmining?

-I have a world thats frozen with farmland I going to terraform to a Terran world. I also want to do the farmland resource improvement on it but at the moment it says I don't have enough water. Once its terraformed will the water requirement be satisfied or should I be looking at setting up a mining station?

-No
-Yes
-No
-No, you need a station with asteroid processing or Ismara Sling on an elegible planet.

Following up with questions about how the mod works too...

If I got it right, to terraform a planet into a Water-world that planet needs to have large amount of water. What types of planets have that, besides the water-world of course? Following DIY Planet's logic, I assume it is: Cryovolcanic, rocky ice and frozen, right? Considering that, is there any way to terraform a planet into Cryovolcanic, rocky ice or frozen?

Unknown Skies adds planet types, like Methane-world for example. Is there some file or whatever I can find those info without having to ask about each and every modded planet?

And a question that I get it if you don't know the answer because it is about what would happen to a Gas Giant attached to a Astropolis that receive DIY Planet's N Brane Oscillator special item in order to turn that planet into a star... Astropolis would vanish along?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 17, 2023, 05:26:20 PM »

Hello dear modder, if you still working on this mod and intend to update it to 0.96
could you maybe implement small change (ether full or togable in config) that when habitable planet is terraformed, it automatically does not get volatiles and rare ore (thy can be added throu improvments) cause it sometimes kinda makes terraforming desert planet into teran planet worse due to not being able to use soil nanites.
I hope that change could be implemented, and i am sorry if i insulted you whit proposing such change, it was not my intention. im just fan of your mod who things these changes could make it better

Hello! I've addressed this issue several times in this thread so I won't reiterate my thinking on it again.

The only thing that's changed since then is DIY Planets might not get an update for 0.96a so players who disagree with my views may not have an alternative to TASC anymore. I'll consider adding a settings toggle for this.

So I installed this and got it up and running and so far it is siiiccckkkk. I got a couple of questions before get really stuck into it though:

-Do Astropolis inherit the resource nodes of the planet they are orbiting? I have an high hazard planet in my system that has ruins and I would like to get a Domain Archaeology up and running.

-Following on from that does the Domain Archaeology building increase its production with colony size/installed AI cores? I want to figure out how many Domain-era Artifacts I can make per month so I can plan my improvements.

-Does having a Domain Archaeology building conflict with techmining?

-I have a world thats frozen with farmland I going to terraform to a Terran world. I also want to do the farmland resource improvement on it but at the moment it says I don't have enough water. Once its terraformed will the water requirement be satisfied or should I be looking at setting up a mining station?

-No
-Yes
-No
-No, you need a station with asteroid processing or Ismara Sling on an elegible planet.

Following up with questions about how the mod works too...

If I got it right, to terraform a planet into a Water-world that planet needs to have large amount of water. What types of planets have that, besides the water-world of course? Following DIY Planet's logic, I assume it is: Cryovolcanic, rocky ice and frozen, right? Considering that, is there any way to terraform a planet into Cryovolcanic, rocky ice or frozen?

Unknown Skies adds planet types, like Methane-world for example. Is there some file or whatever I can find those info without having to ask about each and every modded planet?

And a question that I get it if you don't know the answer because it is about what would happen to a Gas Giant attached to a Astropolis that receive DIY Planet's N Brane Oscillator special item in order to turn that planet into a star... Astropolis would vanish along?

Only water and frozen planets can build Ismara's Sling to provide water for the system. You can also get access to water using the asteroid processing building on a station.

Unknown Skies isn't part of TASC. Most/all of the US planets are categorized by TASC and the ones categorized as water or frozen can build Ismara's Sling.

I'm not familiar with how DIY Planets items work.

AzraelWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 17, 2023, 11:54:28 PM »

Only water and frozen planets can build Ismara's Sling to provide water for the system. You can also get access to water using the asteroid processing building on a station.

Unknown Skies isn't part of TASC. Most/all of the US planets are categorized by TASC and the ones categorized as water or frozen can build Ismara's Sling.

Do Tundra worlds count as frozen for the purposes of the sling? Im actually settling Penelope's Star which is where Ismara is, and I want to convert Ismara into a tundra world (its curently a cryovolcanic) so I can make it livable to bring the hazard rating down a bit, but I want to improve a couple of other worlds and I don't want to inadvertently remove access to to my teraforming and force myself to set up a station somewhere in system for asteroid processing.

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 18, 2023, 01:58:19 AM »

Hello! I've addressed this issue several times in this thread so I won't reiterate my thinking on it again.

The only thing that's changed since then is DIY Planets might not get an update for 0.96a so players who disagree with my views may not have an alternative to TASC anymore. I'll consider adding a settings toggle for this.

That's the issue with forum threads like this. I only started playing a few weeks ago, and I can't just read through 170 pages of this thread. If it was reddit maybe then it would have been an upvoted comment that rose above the rest. Maybe an FAQ sticky could work? The original post explains very little about the actual terraforming of planet types - such as whether it would add or remove planet properties according to the target planet type.

Anyways it would be amazing if we could terraform into more planet types like from desert to terran-eccentric with solar shades and mirror arrays, or remove the atmosphere or habitability to use the different items. Yes its technically unbalanced, but at some point its all just "do good more" and I want that end game or else there's nothing more left to do.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 18, 2023, 06:19:32 AM »

Just'd like to voice my support for the settings option, this would satisfy both parties who enjoy having to compromise and those who want "perfect system" playthroughs. Can't imagine playing without TASC anymore.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 18, 2023, 06:49:15 AM »

Do Tundra worlds count as frozen for the purposes of the sling? Im actually settling Penelope's Star which is where Ismara is, and I want to convert Ismara into a tundra world (its curently a cryovolcanic) so I can make it livable to bring the hazard rating down a bit, but I want to improve a couple of other worlds and I don't want to inadvertently remove access to to my teraforming and force myself to set up a station somewhere in system for asteroid processing.
Tundra does NOT count, but you can build lots of stations, so you can use asteroid processing.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 18, 2023, 09:26:27 AM »

Do Tundra worlds count as frozen for the purposes of the sling?

Frozen means the planet is a literal block of ice and/or water, tundra worlds are just cold planets.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 18, 2023, 07:04:02 PM »

3935566 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.intsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.MarketConditionsWidget.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OutpostItemRow.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oOO0OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.UITable.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.F.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0OO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OO0O.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 18, 2023, 07:42:02 PM »

Aight, thought it was DIY but turns out its terraforming, happens after I do the mild climate terraforming on Qaras in the Yma system. Currently running 0.95.1a version 8.2.1 of the mod. Never had that issue before.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 19, 2023, 06:13:54 AM »

Aight, thought it was DIY but turns out its terraforming, happens after I do the mild climate terraforming on Qaras in the Yma system. Currently running 0.95.1a version 8.2.1 of the mod. Never had that issue before.

Why do you think the crash is caused by TASC? The stack trace doesn't appear to implicate any particular mod.

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 19, 2023, 09:21:04 AM »

Domed cities being a prerequisite for agrav fields make little sense in case of gas giants. Aren't these colonies just orbital habitats in the first place? Then the gravity there should have been artificial anyways, since things in orbit are weightless since they're always in free fall. In that case, high gravity shouldn't affect any gas giants in the first place

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 19, 2023, 09:24:30 AM »

Domed cities being a prerequisite for agrav fields make little sense in case of gas giants. Aren't these colonies just orbital habitats in the first place? Then the gravity there should have been artificial anyways, since things in orbit are weightless since they're always in free fall. In that case, high gravity shouldn't affect any gas giants in the first place

My understanding is that gas giant colonies are floating in the clouds, not in orbit.

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 19, 2023, 10:10:40 AM »

Forgot to reply after my last issue; turned out i had the wrong version installed, no crashes w/ CHAMELEON on that beta version so far!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: May 19, 2023, 10:13:38 AM »

Forgot to reply after my last issue; turned out i had the wrong version installed, no crashes w/ CHAMELEON on that beta version so far!

That's great to hear! Thanks!
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 223