Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105523 times)

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2535 on: May 15, 2023, 02:16:36 PM »

- Fixed a bug where the planet-killer device could show up as an option from the historian. Thanks Vendral for reporting this!
Historian?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 15, 2023, 02:22:58 PM »

- Fixed a bug where the planet-killer device could show up as an option from the historian. Thanks Vendral for reporting this!
Historian?

It's a vanilla feature. They can give you the locations of blueprints and special items.

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 15, 2023, 03:10:46 PM »

It's a vanilla feature. They can give you the locations of blueprints and special items.
OH, the paper book doods. Gotcha!

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 15, 2023, 09:36:49 PM »

Yes. Keep in mind this is a WIP update and I will be issuing the "real" update in the future with more changes and probably a lack of backward compatibility.

Wait, so this dev version is backwards compatible with the 0.95.1a version of the mod, right? Also, how do I disable the limit on terraforming volcanic and irradiated worlds? I found a nice trinary system I wanna settle but all 8 planets are either irradiated or volcanic.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 09:42:17 PM by mortache »

Toxo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 16, 2023, 12:23:21 AM »

Yes. Keep in mind this is a WIP update and I will be issuing the "real" update in the future with more changes and probably a lack of backward compatibility.

Wait, so this dev version is backwards compatible with the 0.95.1a version of the mod, right? Also, how do I disable the limit on terraforming volcanic and irradiated worlds? I found a nice trinary system I wanna settle but all 8 planets are either irradiated or volcanic.

As of yet, volcanic nor irradiated worlds can be terraformed.
But irradiated worlds can be brought down to 100% hazard rating with the right buildings, and on volcanic worlds, typically only very hot remains, which would be true for any other planet type anyways (and you want to keep it for the bonus of cryo-arithmetic engines)

If you settle that system, you have a military powerhouse at your hands.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 16, 2023, 04:30:03 AM »

So, just noticed that when shields supress the asteroid impacts, it does NOT allow domes. I know that this is some... Unorthodox combo to say the least (it makes the defense bonus useless), but it is on purpose, right? Or was it some oversight due to how unintuitive it would be to build a defense multiplier building in a world that you plan to not have ground defense?
(Only found out because I was colonizing Melek Taus, a 475% hazard hellhole, as a joke.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 04:54:00 AM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

mortache

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 16, 2023, 08:02:44 AM »

But irradiated worlds can be brought down to 100% hazard rating with the right buildings, and on volcanic worlds, typically only very hot remains, which would be true for any other planet type anyways (and you want to keep it for the bonus of cryo-arithmetic engines)

Turns out there's a Coronal Hypershunt in the center of those three suns. But being irradiated and volcanic worlds, there's no food, organics, habitables or even no-atmosphere planets so I can't use any items. I just wanted to settle the system because it looks cool  :'(

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 16, 2023, 10:06:13 AM »

Turns out there's a Coronal Hypershunt in the center of those three suns. But being irradiated and volcanic worlds, there's no food, organics, habitables or even no-atmosphere planets so I can't use any items. I just wanted to settle the system because it looks cool  :'(
Are any of the planets astropolis capable? Asteroid belt count? Any gas giants?
How are the nearby systems?
Even if the system is not your capital, it can still be a reasonable core for heavy industry to sustain the shunt, which in turn makes *other* systems better.

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: May 16, 2023, 11:29:31 AM »

- Updated CHAMELEON building for 0.96a. The alpha core bonus now reduces Pather interest on the colony to zero, instead of simply subtracting 1000. Please post in this thread if you encounter a situation where the Pather interest on a colony is a value other than zero while an alpha core is installed.
while this is very nice, mousing over a CHAMELEON with an alpha core installed still crashes my game!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 16, 2023, 04:34:28 PM »

Yeah, I think it should be backwards compatible.

I intend to add a settings option to allow terraforming of irradiated and volcanic planets in a future patch. Right now your only option is to edit the source code and recompile.

So, just noticed that when shields supress the asteroid impacts, it does NOT allow domes. I know that this is some... Unorthodox combo to say the least (it makes the defense bonus useless), but it is on purpose, right? Or was it some oversight due to how unintuitive it would be to build a defense multiplier building in a world that you plan to not have ground defense?
(Only found out because I was colonizing Melek Taus, a 475% hazard hellhole, as a joke.)

This is intentional. It would be too risky to build domes on a planet with meteor impacts because the shield generator might lose power or be disabled by a raid.

- Updated CHAMELEON building for 0.96a. The alpha core bonus now reduces Pather interest on the colony to zero, instead of simply subtracting 1000. Please post in this thread if you encounter a situation where the Pather interest on a colony is a value other than zero while an alpha core is installed.
while this is very nice, mousing over a CHAMELEON with an alpha core installed still crashes my game!

Hmm, I was sure this was fixed. Did you delete the TASC folder before copy/pasting the new one in? Can you please post the stack trace again?

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 16, 2023, 04:41:01 PM »

Hmm, I was sure this was fixed. Did you delete the TASC folder before copy/pasting the new one in? Can you please post the stack trace again?
Yeah, I'll test again tomorrow (at work rn) and reinstall, then post it here if i can reproduce it

AzraelWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 16, 2023, 05:08:18 PM »

So I installed this and got it up and running and so far it is siiiccckkkk. I got a couple of questions before get really stuck into it though:

-Do Astropolis inherit the resource nodes of the planet they are orbiting? I have an high hazard planet in my system that has ruins and I would like to get a Domain Archaeology up and running.

-Following on from that does the Domain Archaeology building increase its production with colony size/installed AI cores? I want to figure out how many Domain-era Artifacts I can make per month so I can plan my improvements.

-Does having a Domain Archaeology building conflict with techmining?

-I have a world thats frozen with farmland I going to terraform to a Terran world. I also want to do the farmland resource improvement on it but at the moment it says I don't have enough water. Once its terraformed will the water requirement be satisfied or should I be looking at setting up a mining station?

zeloz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 16, 2023, 07:02:49 PM »

Any plan to add lobster production on water worlds? Can't wait for the 0.96 update.

AzraelWalker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 16, 2023, 08:06:02 PM »

Any plan to add lobster production on water worlds? Can't wait for the 0.96 update.

The gene lab building will add them once set up I believe.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 16, 2023, 10:31:44 PM »

So I installed this and got it up and running and so far it is siiiccckkkk. I got a couple of questions before get really stuck into it though:

-Do Astropolis inherit the resource nodes of the planet they are orbiting? I have an high hazard planet in my system that has ruins and I would like to get a Domain Archaeology up and running.

-Following on from that does the Domain Archaeology building increase its production with colony size/installed AI cores? I want to figure out how many Domain-era Artifacts I can make per month so I can plan my improvements.

-Does having a Domain Archaeology building conflict with techmining?

-I have a world thats frozen with farmland I going to terraform to a Terran world. I also want to do the farmland resource improvement on it but at the moment it says I don't have enough water. Once its terraformed will the water requirement be satisfied or should I be looking at setting up a mining station?

-No
-Yes
-No
-No, you need a station with asteroid processing or Ismara Sling on an elegible planet.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 223