Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1104801 times)

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2430 on: April 13, 2023, 01:12:28 PM »

Having an issue with the "Decivilized" hazard that is, as I found out, different from the "Decivilized Subpopulation" one, because neither CHAMELEON from this mod nor a Senate from Industrial Evolution can remove it.
Is this a bug related to Nexerelin? I invaded and conquered this world from another faction. So I assume the modifier had no "chance" to switch from "Decivilized" to "Decivilized Subpopulation" and now I seem stuck with it.

I brute forced a solution with 'RemoveCondition decivilized' via console commands (and I justify this by the fact it makes no sense for the planet to be considered "Decivilized" when there IS a "stable ruling polity" in order on it), but just putting this out there in case you might wanna make CHAMELEON work on this as well.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 01:19:04 PM by Kh0rnet »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 13, 2023, 01:23:03 PM »

Having an issue with the "Decivilized" hazard that is, as I found out, different from the "Decivilized Subpopulation" one, because neither CHAMELEON from this mod nor a Senate from Industrial Evolution can remove it.
Is this a bug related to Nexerelin? I invaded and conquered this world from another faction. So I assume the modifier had no "chance" to switch from "Decivilized" to "Decivilized Subpopulation" and now I seem stuck with it.

I brute forced a solution with 'RemoveCondition decivilized' via console commands (and I justify this by the fact it makes no sense for the planet to be considered "Decivilized" when there IS a "stable ruling polity" in order on it), but just putting this out there in case you might wanna make CHAMELEON work on this as well.

Huh, I haven't seen this bug before. I think this should be fairly simple to fix - I'll address it in the next patch. Thanks for reporting this!

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 13, 2023, 01:57:50 PM »

I actually figured out the reason, and yeah it does seem to be a Nexerelin issue.
While I had conquered this planet from another faction, it's not the direct reason for the "Decivilized" hazard to be there. Apparently when an AI faction colonizes a planet, the colony doesn't make the "switch" from the "Decivilized" to the "Decivilized Subpopulation" hazard, thus leaving the planet essentially stuck with the -25% "Decivilized" hazard.
So it's a rare issue from mix-matching mods. Should probably mention this on the Nexerelin thread too.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: April 13, 2023, 04:40:31 PM »

I actually figured out the reason, and yeah it does seem to be a Nexerelin issue.
While I had conquered this planet from another faction, it's not the direct reason for the "Decivilized" hazard to be there. Apparently when an AI faction colonizes a planet, the colony doesn't make the "switch" from the "Decivilized" to the "Decivilized Subpopulation" hazard, thus leaving the planet essentially stuck with the -25% "Decivilized" hazard.
So it's a rare issue from mix-matching mods. Should probably mention this on the Nexerelin thread too.

Yeah, that sounds like a Nexerelin bug. I'll probably make changes in TASC to treat "Decivilized" the same as "Decivilized Subpopulation" as an additional safeguard. Thanks again for letting me know about this!

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 14, 2023, 05:29:48 AM »

On another entirely different matter: have you considered changing Domed Cities and Seafloor Cities from being separate structures to being upgrades to the basic, irremovable Population & Infrastructure pseudo-industry? I think that would make a lot of sense, but I'm not sure if it's viable from the modding perspective (like due to hard-coded vanilla elements or something).

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 14, 2023, 05:46:49 AM »

On another entirely different matter: have you considered changing Domed Cities and Seafloor Cities from being separate structures to being upgrades to the basic, irremovable Population & Infrastructure pseudo-industry? I think that would make a lot of sense, but I'm not sure if it's viable from the modding perspective (like due to hard-coded vanilla elements or something).
Seems like a pretty hard thing to do to me, at least until 0.96 rolls around...

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 14, 2023, 06:47:38 AM »

Seems like a pretty hard thing to do to me, at least until 0.96 rolls around...

Even in 0.96, that would require modifying vanilla files, which I want to avoid. If that wasn't an issue, I agree this would be a good change.

SnowToad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 15, 2023, 01:02:17 AM »

I saw a "boarder crossing" outpost from a domain system and I thought thats a cool idea, can we get the option to build outposts next to jump points?

JuliannaClarke

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 15, 2023, 03:47:08 AM »

Hey boggled, is it possible for you to add a feature where you can change the sprite of a space station?

Also, thanks for making TaSC. I've been having a lot of fun playing as an interstellar salvage and mining franchise with it.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 15, 2023, 08:08:27 AM »

I saw a "boarder crossing" outpost from a domain system and I thought thats a cool idea, can we get the option to build outposts next to jump points?

What gameplay value would this add? I don't want to put a colony in hyperspace because that has a lot of potential for bugs.

Hey boggled, is it possible for you to add a feature where you can change the sprite of a space station?

Also, thanks for making TaSC. I've been having a lot of fun playing as an interstellar salvage and mining franchise with it.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

You can modify the space station sprites by editing the PNG files in \graphics\stations. Remember to make the lights PNG files transparent if you change the station sprite itself, or add a new lights pattern to correspond to your new station sprite.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 15, 2023, 12:00:37 PM »

What gameplay value would this add? I don't want to put a colony in hyperspace because that has a lot of potential for bugs.

You can modify the space station sprites by editing the PNG files in \graphics\stations. Remember to make the lights PNG files transparent if you change the station sprite itself, or add a new lights pattern to correspond to your new station sprite.
I think he means the inner side of the jump point. You know, kinda like the Phrygian Immigration Checkpoint added to the Salus L4 Jump Point by Diktat Enhancement.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 15, 2023, 12:03:04 PM »

Not sure, but I think they mean a way to choose the station sprite used, instead of it being either predetermined, or random. So one can "pick and choose" what fits the best, without going to the files each time to change the number setting.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 15, 2023, 12:13:39 PM »

So... I saw that there were plans for nebula terraforming with the fusion lamp, and for control over terraforming remotely. How is it going? Still a far fetched dream, or are you doing progress? (If nothing else worked for the latter, you COULD add a special contact for the world and do it via there. I used to do that before you patched it, since it was accidental.)

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 16, 2023, 04:49:49 AM »

Hello, I've been playing with stable diffusion and found an okay workflow for industry images.
Since Kletka, Chamelion and Domain Arch. are still relying on images that don't fit well, I gave it a spin - feel free to use these if you wish.

https://imgur.com/a/jn3HJUX

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 16, 2023, 11:33:19 AM »

TASC supports adding lobsters to water worlds. See the mod guide on the original post.
Don't think it adds it to the demanded economy market though (ie making deficits to sell to), pity that.
Oh well, guess I'll have to live without.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 223