Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105381 times)

Jake_Shynxu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1800 on: May 22, 2022, 06:42:01 PM »

Hi, I love the mod and I have a quick question. I've just constructed two Astropoli, is there a setting or edit I can make to change the sprite the Astropolis station uses? My faction is almost exclusively high-tech, so I'd love to be able to use station_hightech3 which is much bigger and on-brand than station_lowtech1. Or if this is a function already in the game, point me in the right direction?

Noobishnoob

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.0)
« Reply #1801 on: May 22, 2022, 09:28:56 PM »

Love the mod, been using it for a while now and it just keeps getting better. Have you considered making the Stellar Reflector Arrays built on satellite bodies track the main star and face toward it like it does for regular bodies?

In vanilla, satellite bodies (ex. Eochu Bres) have the stellar reflectors orbiting at 120 degree intervals, rather than facing the star. I'm trying to mimic that placement for satellite bodies when I generate my own reflectors.

Makes sense. I'll just modify it on my end then. Love the new item crafting, its nice to be able to make what you need rather than using a mod like Slightly Better Tech Mining, since that just creates absurd piles of colony items.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Anyway to make it so that trying to craft from an Astropoli wouldnt just show nullpointerexceptions?

Thanks for reporting this. I'm going to release a backwards compatible patch later today to fix it. Sorry about the inconvenience!

and here I was prepping a planet for pollution thinking it was meant to be XD, but thanks for the quick fix

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: May 23, 2022, 02:20:42 PM »

Hi, I love the mod and I have a quick question. I've just constructed two Astropoli, is there a setting or edit I can make to change the sprite the Astropolis station uses? My faction is almost exclusively high-tech, so I'd love to be able to use station_hightech3 which is much bigger and on-brand than station_lowtech1. Or if this is a function already in the game, point me in the right direction?

There's no settings option to swap the sprites.

You can replace the image files in the vanilla starsector graphics folder, which is where the astropoli sprites are loaded from, but the lights overlay may not work correctly and other mods that rely on those sprites may also stop working correctly.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: May 24, 2022, 06:19:33 AM »

Sir, may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org) with your author infomation?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: May 24, 2022, 02:24:15 PM »

Sir, may I ask for your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org) with your author infomation?

Yes, you have my permission. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks!

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: May 24, 2022, 09:55:50 PM »

Yes, you have my permission. Please let me know if I can help in any way. Thanks!

I have posted your translated mod with author infomation in https://www.fossic.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5189 .
Thank you very much!

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: May 25, 2022, 02:28:38 PM »

Apologies for a noob question.
I've been using this mod for a while now, and it's one of the more impressive and well made one's! However, after looking at the other terraforming mod ([0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!), I noticed that one offer more options for creating the planet types that I need.
Is there a way to remove the extreme modifiers to completely terraform planets? If not, how do I disable terraforming, so that I can retain most features from this mod? I'm not sure a tasc is....

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: May 25, 2022, 03:35:22 PM »

Apologies for a noob question.
I've been using this mod for a while now, and it's one of the more impressive and well made one's! However, after looking at the other terraforming mod ([0.95a] DIY Planets - Terraforming and more!), I noticed that one offer more options for creating the planet types that I need.
Is there a way to remove the extreme modifiers to completely terraform planets? If not, how do I disable terraforming, so that I can retain most features from this mod? I'm not sure a tasc is....

Use the settings file to disable terraforming. Then you can use DIY Planets without any conflict.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: May 25, 2022, 03:47:20 PM »

Setting.json? and then just replace true with false?

Turnus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: May 25, 2022, 04:21:18 PM »

Where does cloning come from? Is it a vanilla thing or do i need a mod? I'll take any method to increase pop growth lol.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: May 25, 2022, 04:46:44 PM »

Setting.json? and then just replace true with false?

Yes.

Where does cloning come from? Is it a vanilla thing or do i need a mod? I'll take any method to increase pop growth lol.

You have to enable the Cloning industry using the settings file.

Conrad

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: May 25, 2022, 05:08:09 PM »

Hello all, sorry for the noob question but how do I construct stations? I have terraforming all figured out but I can't seem to figure out stations.

Jake_Shynxu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: May 25, 2022, 08:49:57 PM »

There's no settings option to swap the sprites.

You can replace the image files in the vanilla starsector graphics folder, which is where the astropoli sprites are loaded from, but the lights overlay may not work correctly and other mods that rely on those sprites may also stop working correctly.

That'll work just fine, thank you for the advice. If you take suggestions, it might be a cool feature if the astropolis's appearance was based on the tech level / size of the defense station built around it, just for some extra visual fluff.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: May 25, 2022, 08:57:27 PM »

will the domain crafting work with xlu's battle yards or only with orbital works?

Drazan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: May 26, 2022, 07:01:02 AM »

Can i craft industrial evolution items using the domain era artifacts?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 223