Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1105228 times)

SpartanXZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.2)
« Reply #1725 on: February 22, 2022, 06:18:49 PM »

More questions Boggled.  :D

How does this mod differ from DIY Terraforming? Are they compatible?
 Do they both handle stations as well, or does DIY only focus on terraforming?

No it's not so much how the auto configuration process works. With TASC you build a colony then processor an start terraforming, does DIY have a different process that doesn't require a colony build or do they apply a similar function to begin the process. TASC feels very simple, which to me is perfectly fine. I was just curious if DIY's process was a longer or more invested endeavor is all, or more complex.

TASC and DIY Terraforming are compatible only if you disable terraforming in TASC using the settings file.

....didn't actually know this.  Any way to get them to look for each other, and apply appropriate settings if they're both enabled?
I mean... because going in and manually changing it.  'Cause I bet a lot of other folks didn't know that either.
Not to suggest that it isn't in the Compatibility section, but rather that it's an easy setting to miss when setting everything up.

I think trying to explain how the "auto configuration" works would be more complex and confusing than the current system. Besides, I doubt many players will decide to install two mods with overlapping major features without bothering to read the compatibility section.

rhinolt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: February 22, 2022, 07:44:51 PM »

oh,well,where to add that ability then? :o

rhinolt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: February 22, 2022, 08:24:10 PM »

ah,got it,tkx

nuker1110

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: February 28, 2022, 09:54:49 PM »

Any way to make a cold planet extremely cold? Stellar Reflectors say they normalize the temperature, but why not put up a shade over a Cold world to make a more ideal environment for specific endeavors?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: March 01, 2022, 02:23:45 PM »

Any way to make a cold planet extremely cold? Stellar Reflectors say they normalize the temperature, but why not put up a shade over a Cold world to make a more ideal environment for specific endeavors?

No, this isn't possible. It makes sense from a lore standpoint but I think it would be a net negative for gameplay due to added complexity.

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: March 02, 2022, 08:20:13 PM »

Do Kletka Sims keep producing cores if the colony is granted autonomy?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: March 03, 2022, 02:23:52 PM »

Do Kletka Sims keep producing cores if the colony is granted autonomy?

I've never tested this, but I think it would still produce them. Let me know what happens!

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: March 04, 2022, 12:58:08 AM »

This is a great mod, many thanks for it.

I was playing with Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a, rollplaying to restore an decivilized colony to its full potential : Marie-Galante and the whole Kostroma system.
There are several abandoned stations in this system, but none could be used with Colonize Abandoned Station, the tooltip saying the station was in extreme disrepair state.

After some code investigation, I understood that the problem is these stations are not created with any market with the abandoned station condition, I am right ?
Spoiler
Extract from Kostroma.java from Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a :
Code
                // Abandoned orbital terminal.
                SectorEntityToken derelictTerminal = system.addCustomEntity("mariegalante_station", "Orbital Terminal", "station_side03", "neutral");
                derelictTerminal.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(system.getEntityById("istl_planet_mariegalante"), 210, 240, 45, 7, 21);
                derelictTerminal.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_wreckage");
                derelictTerminal.setCustomDescriptionId("station_mariegalante");   

[...]

//Two small pirate stations, pirate when market perf improves.
                SectorEntityToken derelictPatrol = system.addCustomEntity("patrol_station", "Patrol Station", "station_side05", "neutral");
                derelictPatrol.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(system.getEntityById("kostroma"), 225, 4400, 210, 9, 27);
                derelictPatrol.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_wreckage");
                derelictPatrol.setCustomDescriptionId("station_pirate1");

SectorEntityToken derelictCustoms = system.addCustomEntity("customs_station", "Customs Port", "station_side05", "neutral");
                derelictCustoms.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(system.getEntityById("kostroma"), 345, 4400, 210, 6, 18);
                derelictCustoms.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_wreckage");
                derelictCustoms.setCustomDescriptionId("station_pirate2");

Extract from boggledTools.java form Terraforming and Station Construction v8.0.2 :
Code
    public static boolean colonizableStationInSystem(SectorEntityToken playerFleet) {
        Iterator allEntitiesInSystem = playerFleet.getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator();
        while (allEntitiesInSystem.hasNext()) {
            SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken) allEntitiesInSystem.next();
            if (entity.hasTag("station") && entity.getMarket() != null && entity.getMarket().hasCondition(Conditions.ABANDONED_STATION)) {
                return true;
            }
        }

return false;
    }
[close]
Is there a way (edit save file, command to add market, ...) to be able to colonize such station ? Or must I (or the mod owner) update these station creation in Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering mod with a market ?

(Double posted in Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering and Terraforming and Station Construction threads)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: March 04, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »

This is a great mod, many thanks for it.

I was playing with Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a, rollplaying to restore an decivilized colony to its full potential : Marie-Galante and the whole Kostroma system.
There are several abandoned stations in this system, but none could be used with Colonize Abandoned Station, the tooltip saying the station was in extreme disrepair state.

After some code investigation, I understood that the problem is these stations are not created with any market with the abandoned station condition, I am right ?
Spoiler
Extract from Kostroma.java from Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.6a :
Code
                // Abandoned orbital terminal.
                SectorEntityToken derelictTerminal = system.addCustomEntity("mariegalante_station", "Orbital Terminal", "station_side03", "neutral");
                derelictTerminal.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(system.getEntityById("istl_planet_mariegalante"), 210, 240, 45, 7, 21);
                derelictTerminal.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_wreckage");
                derelictTerminal.setCustomDescriptionId("station_mariegalante");   

[...]

//Two small pirate stations, pirate when market perf improves.
                SectorEntityToken derelictPatrol = system.addCustomEntity("patrol_station", "Patrol Station", "station_side05", "neutral");
                derelictPatrol.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(system.getEntityById("kostroma"), 225, 4400, 210, 9, 27);
                derelictPatrol.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_wreckage");
                derelictPatrol.setCustomDescriptionId("station_pirate1");

SectorEntityToken derelictCustoms = system.addCustomEntity("customs_station", "Customs Port", "station_side05", "neutral");
                derelictCustoms.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(system.getEntityById("kostroma"), 345, 4400, 210, 6, 18);
                derelictCustoms.setInteractionImage("illustrations", "space_wreckage");
                derelictCustoms.setCustomDescriptionId("station_pirate2");

Extract from boggledTools.java form Terraforming and Station Construction v8.0.2 :
Code
    public static boolean colonizableStationInSystem(SectorEntityToken playerFleet) {
        Iterator allEntitiesInSystem = playerFleet.getStarSystem().getAllEntities().iterator();
        while (allEntitiesInSystem.hasNext()) {
            SectorEntityToken entity = (SectorEntityToken) allEntitiesInSystem.next();
            if (entity.hasTag("station") && entity.getMarket() != null && entity.getMarket().hasCondition(Conditions.ABANDONED_STATION)) {
                return true;
            }
        }

return false;
    }
[close]
Is there a way (edit save file, command to add market, ...) to be able to colonize such station ? Or must I (or the mod owner) update these station creation in Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering mod with a market ?

(Double posted in Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering and Terraforming and Station Construction threads)

Yes, those stations are not recolonizable because they lack a market. If you add a neutral market to them (with the abandoned station condition) using console commands that should enable recolonization.

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: March 05, 2022, 03:51:32 AM »

Thanks, I just have to understand how to do it ... Done !  ;D

For info, if other are interested
Spoiler
To be launched with Console command
Code
Runcode SectorEntityToken fleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet(); StarSystemAPI system = (StarSystemAPI)fleet.getContainingLocation(); Misc.setAbandonedStationMarket("mariegalante_station_market", system.getEntityById("mariegalante_station"));Misc.setAbandonedStationMarket("patrol_station_market", system.getEntityById("patrol_station")); Misc.setAbandonedStationMarket("customs_station_market", system.getEntityById("customs_station"))
[close]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 04:18:51 AM by bodeshmoun »

BeingEvil666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: March 08, 2022, 03:15:12 AM »

hey is this mod compatible with industrial evolution mod ?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: March 08, 2022, 02:19:33 PM »

hey is this mod compatible with industrial evolution mod ?

Yes!

Piranhabunny

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: March 10, 2022, 11:01:56 AM »

Heya Boggled
First off I'd like to thank you for creating this mod. It's permanent resident in my mod list :D
I wondered if it is within the scope of this mod, to be able to convert a Nexerelin outpost to a station?

I think it would make some interesting settle options available to the player :)

Regards

PB

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: March 10, 2022, 02:25:58 PM »

Heya Boggled
First off I'd like to thank you for creating this mod. It's permanent resident in my mod list :D
I wondered if it is within the scope of this mod, to be able to convert a Nexerelin outpost to a station?

I think it would make some interesting settle options available to the player :)

Regards

PB

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I don't want to implement that feature because of potential compatibility issues if there's a change in Nex. Also, I try to avoid altering/manipulating content from other mods because the author of that mod might view my changes negatively.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 223