Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 223

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1103228 times)

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.0)
« Reply #1545 on: December 11, 2021, 12:06:53 PM »

I've got a problem after update=ing the game and this mod on my PC. When trying to launch the game it crashes to desktop before getting to the main menu and shows an error saying:
"Fatal: Error Loading
[data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEutekSpecialItemPlugin]
Cause: data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEutekSpecialItemPlugin
Check starsector.log for more info."
(What looks to be related error in the .log: "36298 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.campaign.econ.plugins.BoggledEuteckSpecialItemPlugin]" )

I saw in the changelog for the mod you removed the EUTEK, but it seems that game is still trying to find it. Now, this is just an educated guess because I have no experience making mods myself, but it appears that's what's happening.

EDIT: it seems that starting the game without the mod prevents the crash, but it means that my save won't load as the mod isn't present in the game
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 01:00:11 PM by Necrodamis »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: December 11, 2021, 12:36:51 PM »

The latest update of this mod was a big one, previous saves aren't compatible.
(And you're entirely correct as to the nature of that crash.)

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: December 11, 2021, 01:06:38 PM »

But when starting the game it crashes before even getting to the main menu, on the screen with the loading bar and game title, when Terraforming and Station Construction is enabled. Is there something I'm missing? With your mod disabled I can start the game and create a new save with no problem, aside from some other mod-related issues that I'm already troubleshooting.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: December 11, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »

Hmm, that is a weird sounding error. When you updated, you did delete the old version of the mod first, yes?

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: December 11, 2021, 01:56:16 PM »

I made sure to delete the old copy of the mod when updating the mod itself, but I didn't change anything in the star sector folders when updating the actual game.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: December 11, 2021, 03:51:48 PM »

I made sure to delete the old copy of the mod when updating the mod itself, but I didn't change anything in the star sector folders when updating the actual game.

If the game crashes before even getting to the main menu, that means you didn't delete the TASC mod folder before downloading the latest version. You can't simply merge and overwrite the new TASC into your mod folder - that will cause this error.

Necrodamis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: December 11, 2021, 04:20:59 PM »

Huh, I thought I did before but I just did it again(?) to make sure and it worked this time. Maybe I was going too fast and in updating the other mods made a mistake with yours, sorry about that.

Kelvren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: December 16, 2021, 07:05:32 AM »

I like the mechanic of excavating ruins to supply tech to terraforming equipment.  However, I would prefer to have one industry that performs the function of vanilla tech mining and domain arch.  In the mod config I see an option that would appear to do just that:    "boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true, .  However, I still see both vanilla tech mining and domain arch in game.  What does that option actually do?  Is there an option for the modded domain arch also performing the function of vanilla tech mining?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Also, while terraforming desert worlds I am not given the option to change into arid.  Can I modify this somewhere in the mod?

Last Edit!: Where can I modify the base starting conditions of a terraformed planet?  Default trace volatiles on terran worlds prevents soil nanites from being used.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 10:55:24 AM by Kelvren »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: December 16, 2021, 12:03:17 PM »

"boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true, .  However, I still see both vanilla tech mining and domain arch in game.  What does that option actually do? 
It... Replaces the Tech Mining on Agreus, with a Domain Archaeology?

Kelvren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: December 16, 2021, 12:48:26 PM »

"boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true, .  However, I still see both vanilla tech mining and domain arch in game.  What does that option actually do? 
It... Replaces the Tech Mining on Agreus, with a Domain Archaeology?

Ah, Agreus the planet.  Thanks.  Maybe I'll just change the vanilla techmining to product artifacts. 

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: December 16, 2021, 05:17:19 PM »

8.0.0 Changelog:
- Completely reworked the terraforming system (again). Terraforming is now controlled via a menu when you interact with your colony, not the Genelab. Please be sure to leave feedback regarding the options available and requirements for same!
Terraforming logic is now spot on, however it feels like playing a text based game from the early 2000s and sorry, but its very clumsy and slow to navigate around, there are simply too many sublevels in the dialogue for a non-graphical UI.
Also requires docking with a colony that I don't like - can't I just call the administrator or secretary and say the word over hyperspace comms?

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: December 16, 2021, 05:42:38 PM »

Terraforming logic is now spot on, however it feels like playing a text based game from the early 2000s and sorry, but its very clumsy and slow to navigate around, there are simply too many sublevels in the dialogue for a non-graphical UI.
Also requires docking with a colony that I don't like - can't I just call the administrator or secretary and say the word over hyperspace comms?
I don't resonate with the navigation complaint whatsoever.
You just open the terraforming menu, select terraforming type, then sub-type and that's it, literally as easy as 1-2-3. The text is even colored red/blue to make it glaringly obvious what you need and what you already have.

And the need-to-dock thing has supposedly been an unfixable problem since like version 5.0. It's also somewhat justified when you consider that even in vanilla your subordinates are morons who need your presence to install colony items.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: December 16, 2021, 07:45:28 PM »

You just open the terraforming menu, select terraforming type, then sub-type and that's it, literally as easy as 1-2-3. The text is even colored red/blue to make it glaringly obvious what you need and what you already have.
It was my first impression anyway. Did you already memorize the layout perhaps? In that case I can imagine its fast and simple.

And the need-to-dock thing has supposedly been an unfixable problem since like version 5.0. It's also somewhat justified when you consider that even in vanilla your subordinates are morons who need your presence to install colony items.
That is configurable via settings.json so lets not consider only one of the options vanilla.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: December 17, 2021, 03:19:22 PM »

I like the mechanic of excavating ruins to supply tech to terraforming equipment.  However, I would prefer to have one industry that performs the function of vanilla tech mining and domain arch.  In the mod config I see an option that would appear to do just that:    "boggledReplaceAgreusTechMiningWithDomainArchaeology":true, .  However, I still see both vanilla tech mining and domain arch in game.  What does that option actually do?  Is there an option for the modded domain arch also performing the function of vanilla tech mining?

Thanks for your time.

Unfortunately I can't easily replace or remove vanilla functionality without breaking compatibility with other mods. Ideally I would remove the vanilla Tech Mining industry, but leaving it alone is the best option for compatibility reasons.

Yunru is correct. All that setting does is replace Tech Mining on Agreus with Domain Archaeology.

Edit: Also, while terraforming desert worlds I am not given the option to change into arid.  Can I modify this somewhere in the mod?

This is functioning as intended, and there's no easy way to modify it. This is done to reduce complexity and confusion - newer players would be puzzled when they saw that they could terraform their planet into the same type it already is! Also, terraforming a desert planet into an arid planet would be purely cosmetic because the maximum resource levels are the same.

Last Edit!: Where can I modify the base starting conditions of a terraformed planet?  Default trace volatiles on terran worlds prevents soil nanites from being used.

There's no setting to modify this. It would clog up the settings file and increase complexity to provide a way to change the base conditions.

In previous versions of this mod, it was a big problem that there was only one "ideal" terraforming end state. I deliberately tried to choose values for the base conditions that would give each planet type a valid reason for the player to create them - if you want to use soil nanites, you may have to select a jungle or arid transformation!

It was my first impression anyway. Did you already memorize the layout perhaps? In that case I can imagine its fast and simple.

That is configurable via settings.json so lets not consider only one of the options vanilla.

I'm glad you like the new terraforming logic. Thanks for your feedback!

I agree that the terraforming menu is a little clunky, and the "need to dock" issue is also annoying for some players. I would add a new tab to the colony management screen to control terraforming (even remotely), but I'm not sure that's even possible, and if it is, it would likely take a substantial amount of work to implement. Eventually I want to work on this, but until then I think the terraforming menu is serviceable, especially since the player shouldn't need to use it all that frequently.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: December 18, 2021, 02:00:54 AM »

Nexerelin has special menu on Z press. For calling in fleets and autonomous colony features. Maybe you could do something like that for terraforming features?
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 223